There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(02-10-2024, 07:12 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Anybody know where that is in Kruger?

In Plains Camp males natal area:

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(02-10-2024, 07:26 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(02-10-2024, 07:12 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Anybody know where that is in Kruger?

In Plains Camp males natal area:

*This image is copyright of its original author
Ooooooh thank you thank you they aren’t that far away unlike the talamati male unfortunately

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

More good news

7 users Like KM600's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(12-05-2022, 03:43 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Again at MalaMala, they are scent marking, interesting:

Looks like there is 5 of them (not 6) and Dreadlocks (atleast on this video). 

3 other brothers are split now for few months (those 3 might be ones who escaped Kruger).

They all look healthy definitely ate something bad
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-11-2024, 12:00 AM by Mapokser )

Mohawk is old but still in perfect condition, I think we'll still see him as a dominant male again.

Edit: Plains Camp territory is Nkhuku territory no? Avocas controlled the pride before Nkhukus ousting them. Previously I think they were also seen in Nkhuku territory.

Maybe they'll become an issue for the Nkhulus eventually,.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Extremely upsetting still no news on his brother but glad he’s with other lions that aren’t chasing him

(02-10-2024, 11:56 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Mohawk is old but still in perfect condition, I think we'll still see him as a dominant male again.

Edit: Plains Camp territory is Nkhuku territory no? Avocas controlled the pride before Nkhukus ousting them. Previously I think they were also seen in Nkhuku territory.

They should be around the perimeter of Nkhulu territory I believe. Ridge Nose son and Lip Scar were scent marking when they were first spotted in KNP, so with all 5 together I’m guessing the local coalitions will soon get familiar with these boys, that’s if they haven’t already.

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(02-10-2024, 11:56 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Edit: Plains Camp territory is Nkhuku territory no? Avocas controlled the pride before Nkhukus ousting them. Previously I think they were also seen in Nkhuku territory.

In between Nkhulus and 3 Imbalis.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@KM600 RN's son will turn 5yo in may.

With his genes, current developing and behavior, I don't doubt he'll start to push for them to become territorial.

Mohawk was dominant for almost half his life, all he needs is someone backing him up for him to try again.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

I miss seeing those avoca boys nkuhuma and talamati

(02-11-2024, 06:41 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @KM600 RN's son will turn 5yo in may.

With his genes, current developing and behavior, I don't doubt he'll start to push for them to become territorial.

Mohawk was dominant for almost half his life, all he needs is someone backing him up for him to try again.

I think Chelas son will actually be the one who starts pushing them to be dominant, whenever the youngsters have been seen roaring, it’s always said Chelas son is the one who starts it off. 3/4 look ready to start pushing territorial status, one of the twins still looks quite small compared to the rest of them but with numbers on their side, it shouldn’t matter as much.

Ttimemarti Offline

Yeah lol and chelas boy is the youngest I’ve never seen the youngest male in a coalition be so big scrapper was the smallest mr T was the smallest… who was bigger Mohawk or blondie?

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Imbali young males back north:

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Monday 5 February 2024
  • The Nkuhuma pride of lions consisting of five lioness stationary in the Manyaleti riverbed East of KBR.
Wednesday 7 February 2024
  • The two Black Dam male lions stationary on Arathusa Safari Airstrip opposite the wind sock.
  • Two Imbali male lions mobile North from Susie’s Straight trailing the herd of Cape buffalo.
Thursday 8 February 2024
  • The Nkuhuma pride of lions consisting of three adult lioness, one sub adult female and one sub adult male lion stationary on Arathusa Main Road East of Big Dam Link South.
  • Two Black Dam male lions stationary on Arathusa Safari Airstrip.
Friday, 9 February 2024
  • The Talamati Breakaway pride of lions consisting of one adult lioness, one sub adult lioness and one sub adult male lion stationary on Guarri Central.
Saturday, 10 February 2024
  • The Talamati Breakaway pride of lions consisting of one adult lioness, one sub adult lioness and one sub adult male lion stationary on the Fenceline junction Firebreak Link.
Sunday, 11 February 2024
  • The Kruger male lion mobile North from Secrete Clearing.
https://elephantplains.co.za/big-5-blog/...uary-2024/
3 users Like Tonpa's post

(02-11-2024, 03:31 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(02-10-2024, 11:56 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Edit: Plains Camp territory is Nkhuku territory no? Avocas controlled the pride before Nkhukus ousting them. Previously I think they were also seen in Nkhuku territory.

In between Nkhulus and 3 Imbalis.

This means they’ve moved further North then because I remember a post in here being sent about one of the Imbali males being spotted in Mala Mala recently.