There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(01-18-2024, 04:28 AM)afortich Wrote: Kruger male, video complementing the photo above by @Tonpa 

So are you thinking it's this guy and not the Talamati's?

United States afortich Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 05:23 AM by afortich )

(01-18-2024, 04:32 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 04:28 AM)afortich Wrote: Kruger male, video complementing the photo above by @Tonpa 

So are you thinking it's this guy and not the Talamati's?

To be honest I only follow what the video says because I'm not good at recognizing lions except for very few of them.
However, his mane looks a bit too bushy to be any of the Talamatis.

NLAL11 Offline

(01-18-2024, 03:56 AM)KM600 Wrote: Don’t believe it’s confirmed yet but this would be very interesting, in the comments below LionLovers said there were supposedly 6 males and one female. So if it is the Talamatis, both of them should be together. Hopefully it gets confirmed soon cos I’ve missed these two boys especially with Mohawk/sons also going into KNP recently. 

Not the best quality.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Looks like the Skorro male to me.

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 07:13 AM by Mapokser )

I can't confirm this but my friend is saying that he got word that it was the 2 BDM and the Kambulas didn't allow them to feed on the carcass and K4 was the one roaring.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Yup most Instagram accounts are saying bdm.

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 08:16 AM by Mapokser )

Not even 2yo yet and look at how the NK Breakaway male dwarfs his mother and sister in this short by Leopard Hills:

Edit: and his sister is around the size of her mother, she might be bigger than the Othawas who are almost 1 year older.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(01-18-2024, 08:06 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Not even 2yo yet and look at how the NK Breakaway male dwarfs his mother and sister in this short by Leopard Hills:

Edit: and his sister is around the size of her mother, she might be bigger than the Othawas who are almost 1 year older.

It’s a reason why but it is very impressive

United States afortich Online
Contributor

One of BDMs

3 users Like afortich's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(01-18-2024, 05:29 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I can't confirm this but my friend is saying that he got word that it was the 2 BDM and the Kambulas didn't allow them to feed on the carcass and K4 was the one roaring.

Yh just heard the same too

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Description says 6M and 1F, so looks like all Kambulas and both BDMs where present.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

(01-18-2024, 11:35 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Description says 6M and 1F, so looks like all Kambulas and both BDMs where present.

Well then.  I guess this should get interesting.  The BDM's can't push them off a kill, but the Kambula's didn't send them packing either.

(01-18-2024, 05:55 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 11:35 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Description says 6M and 1F, so looks like all Kambulas and both BDMs where present.

Well then.  I guess this should get interesting.  The BDM's can't push them off a kill, but the Kambula's didn't send them packing either.

Depends who made the kill tbf, if it was the Kambulas and they couldn’t back the BDMs off, then it’s very revealing that they’re not yet ready. Even if it wasn’t, this would have been a great opportunity to significantly injure their main rivals in the North. 

I do think this altercation is great for the Kambula female however, BDMs now being aware of her presence is a good thing as she can’t stay with her brothers forever. BDMs seemingly showing off their strength in such instances could help convince her they are suitable partners.

Just come across this post too, seems PCMs finally caught up with her.

5 users Like KM600's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-18-2024, 06:16 PM)KM600 Wrote: Depends who made the kill tbf, if it was the Kambulas and they couldn’t back the BDMs off, then it’s very revealing that they’re not yet ready. Even if it wasn’t, this would have been a great opportunity to significantly injure their main rivals in the North. 

I do think this altercation is great for the Kambula female however, BDMs now being aware of her presence is a good thing as she can’t stay with her brothers forever. BDMs seemingly showing off their strength in such instances could help convince her they are suitable partners.

Looks like Kambulas are definetly in charge of a kill, and BDMs are trying to behave submissive and sneak some food.

K4 is roaring, but looks like they are still unsure what to do with 2 BDMs.

Or they just want to eat, sometimes coalitions prioritize that over territorial stuff (as we saw recently with Herculess and 2 Ross males).

Wonder how this situation played out, did Kambulas eventually chased them off?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

(01-18-2024, 06:19 PM)KM600 Wrote: Just come across this post too, seems PCMs finally caught up with her.

Mating with here is better than killing her....  This could be a good thing.  Of all the coalitions in SS right now that's the one that seems like it could last a couple of years.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post