There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Australia Ahmed Ali Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
Like Father like son ❤️ . 

The top picture belong to one of the old leeupan on buffalo kill back in 2005 .

The Bottom one for the Fifth Majingilane male  resting after finished the Buffalo kill back in 2010 .

Top photo By :- Gert de Koker .
Bottom photo By :- Catherine Sumner .
6 users Like Ahmed Ali's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Great photos  thanks for posting
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

Ik he’s not in Sabi Sands but thought it was worth posting in here
7 users Like KM600's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
6 users Like Horizon's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Sand River young male killed, cause of death not confirmed

4 users Like Tonpa's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(10-01-2023, 08:11 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Sand River young male killed, cause of death not confirmed

While the dangers in the bush are endless, I think we can all guess the most likely candidates in this instance. Very sad news.
5 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(10-01-2023, 08:11 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Sand River young male killed, cause of death not confirmed

Really sad news. Hope rangers tell us the cause of death
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 09:39 PM by Duco Ndona )

It sounds like they don't even know. But perhaps they can puzzle some things together from the remains. 

Seeing he was contact calling, I suspect he got an answer. Just not from the lions he was looking for.
Sadly young lions not moving on from their natal pride in the middle of a take over is a common way to go for them.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

I’m not gonna lie I’m gonna be very disappointed in the Nkhulu males and Dreadlocks if they don’t rebuild this pride, spreading their own genes. Nothing worse than seeing a pride decimated by males that leave it in the same condition as when they had first taken over. Dreadlocks has already been seen mating with one of the Sand River lionesses so hopefully they stick around.
3 users Like KM600's post

7 users Like KM600's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(10-02-2023, 12:06 AM)KM600 Wrote:

So fitting of Skorro Jr, all the very intense images of the other male lions, and here's Skorro Jr just sort of lounging, having a bit of a scratch, what a ham. Reminds me a lot of Dark Mane Avoca, with his laid back demeanor. 

I am also not sure that I have ever seen a lioness sleeping through the act of mating before, that Kambula female with the BDM didn't even open her eyes when he stepped on her. Then again, the poor thing has been through this same scenario many times before. I honestly feel truly sorry for her, as she has always shown very good motherly instincts with other's cubs.
3 users Like BA0701's post

(10-02-2023, 02:04 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 12:06 AM)KM600 Wrote:

So fitting of Skorro Jr, all the very intense images of the other male lions, and here's Skorro Jr just sort of lounging, having a bit of a scratch, what a ham. Reminds me a lot of Dark Mane Avoca, with his laid back demeanor. 

I am also not sure that I have ever seen a lioness sleeping through the act of mating before, that Kambula female with the BDM didn't even open her eyes when he stepped on her. Then again, the poor thing has been through this same scenario many times before. I honestly feel truly sorry for her, as she has always shown very good motherly instincts with other's cubs.
100% agree about the Kambula female, she must be so confused but on a positive note it seems like the NSW males are siring new cubs like every month, was said there were 16 last month. With that many cubs, she’ll be able to help out and u never know one of these females could die and she could take the cubs in as her own. Not sure if it’s just me who’s heard that infertile females tend to be excellent hunters, maybe in some way they understand that’s what the pride needs of them.
1 user Likes KM600's post

( This post was last modified: 10-02-2023, 11:08 AM by KM600 )

@Duco Ndona  I think you may have been right with his call being answered by the wrong lions. 

5 users Like KM600's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Skorro breakaway male with looks like Tsalala female :

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

(10-03-2023, 04:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Skorro breakaway male with looks like Tsalala female :

I saw comments saying it’s Infertle Kambula
4 users Like criollo2mil's post