There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Mwk85 Offline

(08-11-2023, 10:13 AM)afortich Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 09:49 AM)Gavskrr Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 08:03 AM)afortich Wrote:

Wasn't Nkuhuma following these talamati girls? i hope they bump into each other it would be good for both of them

Not sure bro. However, I read in the comments of the channel that someone told him that it was a lioness, and he ask who ever watching the video to correct him if necessary.

Per tshepo_dzemba IG (individual who filmed the sighting) it's a kudu they're feeding on not a lioness. I asked him directly about it. Will leave a link to his post for anyone that wishes to verify his reply themselves. 

5 users Like Mwk85's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(08-11-2023, 10:35 PM)Tylermartin! Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 07:50 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 06:24 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 04:39 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: A crazy sighting at @nkorhobushlodge of the young Talamati male leads the operation to overthrow a huge buffalo with the rest of his pride by @mattywarephotography2020
We're they successful?

(08-11-2023, 07:33 PM)lionuk Wrote: Red Road and the Nharu pride seen yesterday in Buffleshoek. 
According to the photographer, 15 members of the pride were there. 
Pic credit: Holly Young-Needham

*This image is copyright of its original author

So if there were 15 members present this would mean the two males that had not been there are back???

Full pride compliment was

5 Adult Females
5 Female Subs
4 Male Subs
RRM

If so, that’s great news.

How many of the adult females are the Birmingham males sisters?

the original three Lionesses are all still alive (they are the BBoys sisters). they have two daughters of the Thanda Impi. the Third Daughter (and 8 cubs) disappeared back in December of 2020
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-11-2023, 10:11 AM)1999gc8 Wrote: When that video was first posted on youtube the title was indicating that both were eating a lioness but has been changed to what is now.
Is the source of the video credible?

No, That YouTube channel isn't a reliable source at all, a few of his videos often had a misleading title with the purpose of getting more views and followers. Would be greatly appreciated if none of the videos posted from that YouTube channel will be posted here to avoid confusion and do not harm the reputation of WildFact for its credibility, accurate info and reliable sources that always have been posted on our forum. 

The owner of that YouTube channel was banned from our forum for one of those reasons.
6 users Like T I N O's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-12-2023, 03:12 AM by afortich )

(08-12-2023, 12:26 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 10:13 AM)afortich Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 09:49 AM)Gavskrr Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 08:03 AM)afortich Wrote:

Wasn't Nkuhuma following these talamati girls? i hope they bump into each other it would be good for both of them

Not sure bro. However, I read in the comments of the channel that someone told him that it was a lioness, and he ask who ever watching the video to correct him if necessary.

Per tshepo_dzemba IG (individual who filmed the sighting) it's a kudu they're feeding on not a lioness. I asked him directly about it. Will leave a link to his post for anyone that wishes to verify his reply themselves. 

@Mwk85, thank you for verifying that the meal is not a lioness. At least the channel owner asked for content verification.
4 users Like afortich's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-12-2023, 03:17 AM by afortich )

(08-12-2023, 02:14 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 10:11 AM)1999gc8 Wrote: When that video was first posted on youtube the title was indicating that both were eating a lioness but has been changed to what is now.

No, That YouTube channel isn't a reliable source at all, a few of his videos often had a misleading title with the purpose of getting more views and followers. Would be greatly appreciated if none of the videos posted from that YouTube channel will be posted here to avoid confusion and do not harm the reputation of WildFact for its credibility, accurate info and reliable sources that always have been posted on our forum. 

The owner of that YouTube channel was banned from our forum for one of those reasons.

@"Timbavati" Got it my friend!!
4 users Like afortich's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-12-2023, 03:16 AM)afortich Wrote:
(08-12-2023, 02:14 AM)Timbavati Wrote:

@"Timbavati" Got it my friend!!

Thank you for your understanding and your posts, greatly appreciated.

My post was just to update everyone about that YouTube channel and how reliable it is.
5 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-12-2023, 01:56 PM)Zigzag Wrote: Mini PCM's from Nkuhuma Breakaway Pride posing for the camera. Beautifully grown into subadults. Thriving under the protection of a single Nkuhuma Breakaway female.
The girl has a beautiful round face like her mom. The boy has a beautiful Darkmane already coming out with facial features of his fathers. They are only 1.5 years old and moving into adulthood is highly certain.
Credits: Kay

Post that in Nkuhuma pride thread.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I think they are pretty much their own pride at this point

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-12-2023, 02:30 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I think they are pretty much their own pride at this point

Well yea, but nothing wrong to post breakaways in same thread, we do it with Talamatis, Birmingham pride etc. aswell.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(08-12-2023, 02:41 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: but nothing wrong to post breakaways in same thread
Nothink wrong with posting it in Lions of Sabi Sands topic either.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-12-2023, 03:02 PM)Potato Wrote: Nothink wrong with posting it in Lions of Sabi Sands topic either.

Its not, but this way you have all Nkuhuma stuff, from all groups, on 1 place, its easier to find stuff and for readers.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Zigzag Offline

(08-12-2023, 03:13 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-12-2023, 03:02 PM)Potato Wrote: Nothink wrong with posting it in Lions of Sabi Sands topic either.

Its not, but this way you have all Nkuhuma stuff, from all groups, on 1 place, its easier to find stuff and for readers.

Done Wink
1 user Likes Zigzag's post

Zigzag Offline

New recent photo for Scorro young male , Orpen Jr. at Londolozi. ?
?Amy Hoskins 

8 users Like Zigzag's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

(08-13-2023, 07:34 AM)Zigzag Wrote: New recent photo for Scorro young male , Orpen Jr. at Londolozi. ?
?Amy Hoskins 

It would be great if he and nkuhuma male runs in to eachother and team up. After all they're very closely related if he is indeed jr's son. Regardless, they need eachother.
4 users Like Robot00's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Monday,7 August 2023
  • Two Talamati male Lions sleeping on Gworie central.
Tuesday,8 August 2023
  • Four Nkuhuma Lioness sleeping south of Seepline kudu drift junction.
  • Two Talamati male Lions trailing a breeding herd of approximately two hundred Cape Buffalo close to Leopard drift on kudu drift.
Wednesday,9 August 2023
  • Nkuhuma Pride of nine Lioness crossed into Hoffmans from Arathusa Safari drive way.
  • Talamati breakaway consisting of one adult female and five sub adult Lions North of Red dam.
  • Two Talamati male Lions feeding on a Cape Buffalo North of ole Borehole mud wallows.
Thursday,10 August 2023
  • Two Talamati male Lions sleeping at second windmill.
Saturday,12 August 2023
  • Talamati breakaway consisting of one adult female and five sub adult Lions sleeping at Jacana open area.
  • Two Talamati male Lions sleeping at Knobthorn pan.
Sunday,13 August 2023
  • Two Talamati male Lions fighting with Hyenas at Elephant plains open area.
https://www.elephantplains.co.za/big-5-b...sightings/
8 users Like Tonpa's post