There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-28-2023, 01:45 PM)lionuk Wrote: The Skorro breakaway young male seen in Londolozi today
Vid credit: Brandon Rose

Looking good
2 users Like T I N O's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(07-27-2023, 11:43 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Torchwoods - 6 cubs 5 females, 3 with suckle marks

I havent been on this forum for a few weeks, so i dont know what happened in the lion dynmaics. Are all these cubs sired by Mantimahle sons?
6 users Like Mdz123's post

Tylermartin! Offline

(07-29-2023, 06:22 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(07-27-2023, 11:43 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Torchwoods - 6 cubs 5 females, 3 with suckle marks

I havent been on this forum for a few weeks, so i dont know what happened in the lion dynmaics. Are all these cubs sired by Mantimahle sons?

Very likely
5 users Like Tylermartin!'s post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Londolozi just put up a video introducing the Gijima Males as new males in Londolozi. He also discusses the third Gijima Male that disappeared after the fight with Ubuso.

6 users Like BA0701's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-30-2023, 04:19 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Londolozi just put up a video introducing the Gijima Males as new males in Londolozi. He also discusses the third Gijima Male that disappeared after the fight with Ubuso.

I believe this footage is about two to three weeks old. I recall the Gijimas did venture north towards Londolozi several weeks ago.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

The ranger saying he doesn't think any other coalition that roam Londolozi can defeat the Gijimas with the exception of the PCM reminds me of the discussions online about which coalition is the strongest lol.

But as I said in the Gijima thread, somehow surprising that he wouldn't put his faith in his resident coalition of 2 healthy and prime brothers, the Ndhzengas.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-30-2023, 10:36 AM by Tr1x24 )

(07-30-2023, 08:44 AM)Mapokser Wrote: The ranger saying he doesn't think any other coalition that roam Londolozi can defeat the Gijimas with the exception of the PCM reminds me of the discussions online about which coalition is the strongest lol.

But as I said in the Gijima thread, somehow surprising that he wouldn't put his faith in his resident coalition of 2 healthy and prime brothers, the Ndhzengas.

He is basing his opinion from size perspective, looks like he is impressed by their size.

But size is not everything in lion clashes, but yea, Gijimas should be powerful duo.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tylermartin! Offline

(07-30-2023, 10:30 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-30-2023, 08:44 AM)Mapokser Wrote: The ranger saying he doesn't think any other coalition that roam Londolozi can defeat the Gijimas with the exception of the PCM reminds me of the discussions online about which coalition is the strongest lol.

He is basing his opinion from size perspective, looks like he is impressed by their size.

But size is not everything in lion clashes, but yea, Gijimas should be powerful duo.

And this also confirms that there was three gijima males… I forget where it was but someone said the third brother is with the 2 kambula males but not sure about that

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-30-2023, 10:42 AM)Tylermartin! Wrote: forget where it was but someone said the third brother is with the 2 kambula males but not sure about that

He is not, that was 1 of Pretoriuskup males.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(07-30-2023, 11:40 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-30-2023, 10:42 AM)Tylermartin! Wrote: forget where it was but someone said the third brother is with the 2 kambula males but not sure about that

Personally, I subscribe with the notion that he was caught by the N'was. He was the last one strangely lingering with WN, other N'was came in a gave chase, and suddenly we never heard from or saw him again. Anything is possible, but given what transpired and what we know for sure, that is how I believe things went.
3 users Like BA0701's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-27-2022, 06:24 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 04:39 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: A crazy sighting at @nkorhobushlodge of the young Talamati male leads the operation to overthrow a huge buffalo with the rest of his pride by @mattywarephotography2020
We're they successful?

(07-30-2023, 08:09 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(07-30-2023, 11:40 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Personally, I subscribe with the notion that he was caught by the N'was. He was the last one strangely lingering with WN, other N'was came in a gave chase, and suddenly we never heard from or saw him again. Anything is possible, but given what transpired and what we know for sure, that is how I believe things went.

Me too. I do not believe he got away.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I recall he was seen shortly after. But never much information aside that. 
He probably got away, but succumbed to wounds later. Or got grabbed by the Avocas or something.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

But both the smaller and the larger Ndzhenga brothers had no injuries after that altercation.
2 users Like Horizon's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Male next to Ubuso is Light Maned Gijima, not 3rd.

3rd male was very skittish, there is 0 photos of him in Sabi Sands.

My opinion is that he got spooked by Ndhzengas, run away and never come back to search for his partners.

They might not be partners for long, so bond might not be there for 3rd to be attached to other 2.

I dont think he was killed by Ndhzengas.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 07-30-2023, 10:00 PM by Horizon )

(07-30-2023, 09:17 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: They might not be partners for long, so bond might not be there for 3rd to be attached to other 2.

I felt that the lost partner could be the brother of the Light Maned Gijima. Similar age, around 4 years or slightly above.
2 users Like Horizon's post