There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Also, looks like NK is back with Tumbela after he was seen with 2 Talamatis, they where with Ximhungwes, but got chased by 1 of PC males :

11 users Like Tr1x24's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Has the blonde talamati been seen?? Everyone saying he's there but haven't seen any pics or video of him.
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Something interesting happened in this sight, according to Savannah ( they got a video ), NK actually returned after being chased initially, but got chased again.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Summary of events in Sabi Sand

3 users Like afortich's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-07-2023, 11:58 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Something interesting happened in this sight, according to Savannah ( they got a video ), NK actually returned after being chased initially, but got chased again.

Dangerous play by NK as we can see he still cant run at 100% because of his leg, luckly only 1 PC male was there so he was not pushing as hard alone.

*This image is copyright of its original author

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Mwk85 Offline

48 second clip of Nkuhuma coming back 

5 users Like Mwk85's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-08-2023, 05:52 PM by BigLion39 )

(07-07-2023, 05:12 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: It was mentioned in the last video about Dreadlock's recovery, how the S. Avocas have not been seen at all since the attack.  I thought that was noteworthy.  Are they usually seen more often?  I know there are some knee-jerk reactions by lion fans regarding the death of lions, their supposed fatal injuries, etc....so we should give it a bit more time.  However, if they are usually seen in certain areas they go missing in, that might be a warning.  I hope they weren't caught by other lions or worse yet, poached. (Would be hard to take only one out since the two are almost always together!) I'm sure there are poachers scrolling through the lion pride groups on FB and here from time to time, let's hope that the rangers/guides/anti-poaching units are vigilant in the most dangerous areas and especially around well-known coalitions.  There were WAY too many lions that have gone missing in the past few years not too far from where the S. Avocas have their prides.... 

And now Tank hasn't been seen in a few weeks.  Let's hope all 3 very well-known lions with prides are safe.

Saw a new video of both S Avocas this morning. 1 was with a female and the other wwas getting chased off by his brother.

Unfortunately I also read Tank Gomo hasn't been seen in 3 weeks.
4 users Like BigLion39's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Interesting times ahead in the Sabi Sands - The Plains camp males are true beast of male lions. Let's see how things develop
1 user Likes T I N O's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-08-2023, 05:52 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 05:12 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: It was mentioned in the last video about Dreadlock's recovery, how the S. Avocas have not been seen at all since the attack.  I thought that was noteworthy.  Are they usually seen more often?  I know there are some knee-jerk reactions by lion fans regarding the death of lions, their supposed fatal injuries, etc....so we should give it a bit more time.  However, if they are usually seen in certain areas they go missing in, that might be a warning.  I hope they weren't caught by other lions or worse yet, poached. (Would be hard to take only one out since the two are almost always together!) I'm sure there are poachers scrolling through the lion pride groups on FB and here from time to time, let's hope that the rangers/guides/anti-poaching units are vigilant in the most dangerous areas and especially around well-known coalitions.  There were WAY too many lions that have gone missing in the past few years not too far from where the S. Avocas have their prides.... 

And now Tank hasn't been seen in a few weeks.  Let's hope all 3 very well-known lions with prides are safe.

Saw a new video of both S Avocas this morning. 1 was with a female and the other wwas getting chased off by his brother.

Unfortunately I also read Tank Gomo hasn't been seen in 3 weeks.

That sighting has now been confirmed to be near the Hamiltons tented camp on S36. 45 kilometers north of their territory.

Color me SHOCKED!!
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

BigLion39 Offline

(07-09-2023, 03:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: That sighting has now been confirmed to be near the Hamiltons tented camp on S36.    45 kilometers north of their territory.

Color me SHOCKED!!

Wow! Thats 28 miles!!! Holy crap! Did they vacate their territory? Did they get ousted by Nkhulu's?
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Monday, 3 July 2023
  • Kambula pride of Lions consisting of five young males and one young female following a herd of approximately two hundred Cape Buffalo West from Jacana Dam.
  • Two Black Dam male Lions static in the block North of Gowri Dam.
Wednesday, 5 July 2023
  • One young unknown male Lion trailing a herd of approximately two hundred Cape Buffalo mobile East from Long Pole East.
  • Nkhuma pride consisting of fifteen Lions including the Avoca male with an Impala kill at Sawmill Open.
Thursday, 6 July 2023
  • Two Black Dam male Lions static on Ellie Alley.
Friday, 7 July 2023
  • Imbali male Lion busy vocalizing at Sandy Patch Road.
Saturday, 8 July 2023
  • Avoca North male Lion with one female and one young male mobile South on Arathusa Main Road from Silvan.

https://www.elephantplains.co.za/big-5-b...july-2023/
6 users Like Tonpa's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

5 Kambula males? Probably a mistake.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-10-2023, 06:33 AM)Mapokser Wrote: 5 Kambula males? Probably a mistake.

They were sighted at Elephant Plains/Nkorho/Djuma last week. However, idk if were actually 5 males

Contributor

If the Buffalo herd mentioned on Monday is the same one mentioned on Wednesday it was probably the unknown young male lurking around them, he killed a calf from that herd on July 5th in the afternoon and was then joined by the S8 Male
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-11-2023, 01:58 AM by Tonpa )

Torchwood Breakaways, this poor lioness with the tattered ears is always the one with all the cubs
By Alison in Africa

There have been a few times when we've seen a single lioness on the Nkorho cam which I think is always her. Not sure what the dynamics of that pride are
6 users Like Tonpa's post