There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-26-2022, 09:06 PM)Tonpa Wrote: This video was originally from 16th February, they reposted it for some reason

Didnt know that. 

Such a shame if thats her, i always taught she will be next iconic female of Talamatis..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Sweden Edvin Offline

Saw this comment on facebook posted a minute ago "the female who was found dead with no tail tip"
3 users Like Edvin's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

if it is her i'm guessing she couldn't escape with her leg issue 

In other news, Silvereye at Sidneys Dam this afternoon in Buffelshoek 

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Tonpa's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-26-2022, 09:47 PM by afortich )

PC boys look impressive and everything but I don't like these guys. They don't waste time to kill females.
2 users Like afortich's post

United Kingdom Hairy tummy Offline

You shouldn't really dislike any lions, you should just love the unpredictable and fascinating behaviour of these wild beasts
4 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-26-2022, 10:26 PM by afortich )

(04-26-2022, 10:20 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: You shouldn't really dislike any lions, you should just love the unpredictable and fascinating behaviour of these wild beasts

You're right, it is nature anyways and I enjoy watching them. 
Let me rephrase what I said above, if there is a fight between PC boys and any other coalition in the area, I will support the other coalition.
2 users Like afortich's post

WildLeonis Away

(04-26-2022, 09:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 09:06 PM)Tonpa Wrote: This video was originally from 16th February, they reposted it for some reason

Didnt know that. 

Such a shame if thats her, i always taught she will be next iconic female of Talamatis..

Agreed. She always had so much personality. Very curious girl, which unfortunately may have been what got her killed. Such a shame.
6 users Like WildLeonis's post

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(04-26-2022, 10:26 PM)afortich Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 10:20 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: You shouldn't really dislike any lions, you should just love the unpredictable and fascinating behaviour of these wild beasts

Let me rephrase what I said above, if there is a fight between PC boys and any other coalition in the area, I will support the other coalition.

Aside from the Nwaswitshaka males (who still have numerical superiority on their side) and the 3 new males (who would also have numerical superiority should they reunite), the PC males are a terrible matchup for the remaining coalitions in SS. Most male coalitions in SS are unbalanced in terms of collective vigor. One male is injured/injury-prone while the other male is ok (Tumbelas/N.Avocas). Nhenha and the Nkhuma male are an exception because despite his age, Nhenha is still in fantastic shape and the Nkuhuma male, despite the stresses and dangers of nomadic life, is no slouch either.

Meanwhile, both PC males are in great shape and entering their prime years. The only other coalition in the region that I can think of that is as evenly distributed in strength as they are would be the S. Avoca males.
4 users Like Rabubi's post

Contributor

(04-26-2022, 11:54 PM)Rabubi Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 10:26 PM)afortich Wrote:

Aside from the Nwaswitshaka males (who still have numerical superiority on their side) and the 3 new males (who would also have numerical superiority should they reunite), the PC males are a terrible matchup for the remaining coalitions in SS. Most male coalitions in SS are unbalanced in terms of collective vigor. One male is injured/injury-prone while the other male is ok (Tumbelas/N.Avocas). Nhenha and the Nkhuma male are an exception because despite his age, Nhenha is still in fantastic shape and the Nkuhuma male, despite the stresses and dangers of nomadic life, is no slouch either.

Meanwhile, both PC males are in great shape and entering their prime years. The only other coalition in the region that I can think of that is as evenly distributed in strength as they are would be the S. Avoca males.

I agree with you.
However, all fight analysis at this moment is  a probability of success on paper, except maybe for the Tumbelas and N. Avocas that are in clear disadvantage. 
For the other coalitions, a fight has to occur in order to declare a winner.
1 user Likes afortich's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Talamatis at Sabi Sabi

7 users Like Potato's post

1ofCourage Offline

(04-26-2022, 09:47 PM)afortich Wrote: PC boys look impressive and everything but I don't like these guys. They don't waste time to kill females.

They are too aggressive for me.   I DON'T like them either, pretty or not.  I made up my mind two lionesses ago.
1 user Likes 1ofCourage's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

It's lions being lions guys, let them be.
7 users Like sik94's post

LandSeaLion Offline
Banned

(04-26-2022, 09:14 PM)Edvin Wrote: Saw this comment on facebook posted a minute ago "the female who was found dead with no tail tip"

Oh what a shame. RIP Short Tail. Sad    

(04-27-2022, 06:44 AM)sik94 Wrote: It's lions being lions guys, let them be.

Yes. It is very sad, but that’s nature for you.
1 user Likes LandSeaLion's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Nkuhumas (the sub-adult group with hairy chin/chela & purple eye) this morning. 

3 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor