There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 10:57 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-25-2022, 10:33 PM)afortich Wrote: I have some question in order to expand my understanding. 
What is more or less the normal time it can take for the 3rd intruder to reunite with the other two, in a case like this??

Theres no rule for that, they might never find each others again.

There was many cases where "lost/separated" member of nomads never find his way back to his brothers.

But if this 3rd male is alive, he might find them, as other 2 are now in the area from where they came from, so its natural for 3rd male to search there.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(04-25-2022, 10:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 10:33 PM)afortich Wrote: I have some question in order to expand my understanding. 
What is more or less the normal time it can take for the 3rd intruder to reunite with the other two, in a case like this??

Theres no rule for that, they might never find each others again.

There was many cases where "lost/separated" member of nomads never find his way back to his brothers.

But if this 3rd male is alive, he might find them, as other 2 are now in the area from where they came from, so its natural for 3rd male to search there.

Got it, very clear now!! 
so it is fair to say that in this particular case 3rd intruder still has a chance to find the other two.

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Yeah. There is no golden treshold where they have to reunite or its bust forever. 
They may rejoin tomorrow, next year or never again. 

There is just too much variables in play here. If the two take over a pride in the mean time they may never let the third brother join in the spoils. But if they get beaten up more regulary they may be far more open to it. They may end up wandering into eachother later today, or go directly in opposite directions. 

We also know far to little about this group to know how the social dynamic was before the seperation. If they all three were as close as in that video. I can imagine them looking out for eachother. But if it always has been those two bonding, while the third was mostly left on his own. They may have choosen to use the circumstances to get rid of him altogether.  

They may also believe eachother to be death or something like that.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(04-25-2022, 11:12 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Yeah. There is no golden treshold where they have to reunite or its bust forever. 
They may rejoin tomorrow, next year or never again. 

There is just too much variables in play here. If the two take over a pride in the mean time they may never let the third brother join in the spoils. But if they get beaten up more regulary they may be far more open to it. They may end up wandering into eachother later today, or go directly in opposite directions. 

We also know far to little about this group to know how the social dynamic was before the seperation. If they all three were as close as in that video. I can imagine them looking out for eachother. But if it always has been those two bonding, while the third was mostly left on his own. They may have choosen to use the circumstances to get rid of him altogether.  

They may also believe eachother to be death or something like that.

Fair enough!!

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Whats the latest on the othawa cubs? Still down to five?
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Dark Maned Plains Camp male and 6th Mhangeni female :

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

1999gc8 Offline

(04-26-2022, 07:25 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Dark Maned Plains Camp male and 6th Mhangeni female :

Every time I've seen an update for the PC male's they're looking larger everytime. The dark maned PC male in this clip looks enormous.
2 users Like 1999gc8's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-26-2022, 07:58 PM)1999gc8 Wrote: Every time I've seen an update for the PC male's they're looking larger everytime. The dark maned PC male in this clip looks enormous

Some more ss from Savanna Reserve :

*This image is copyright of its original author

This boy is a tank, and he is not even 5 yet.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Sweden Edvin Offline

One female from the talamati pride was killed by the Plains Camp males at singita about a month ago. From facebook
3 users Like Edvin's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(04-26-2022, 08:37 PM)Edvin Wrote: One female from the talamati pride was killed by the Plains Camp males at singita about a month ago. From facebook

Seems so, unfortunately none of the guides who are confirming it want to be used as a source. I think we'll just have to wait for the Singita report for confirmation
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-26-2022, 08:51 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-26-2022, 08:37 PM)Edvin Wrote: One female from the talamati pride was killed by the Plains Camp males at singita about a month ago. From facebook

Snip Tailed one?

These PC boys really dont like other females who are not in estrus..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-26-2022, 08:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Snip Tailed one?

These PC boys really dont like other females who are not in estrus..

I’m afraid so if you use process of elimination by using all recent sightings.   The Short tail girl is the one not seen recently Sad
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-26-2022, 08:55 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I’m afraid so if you use process of elimination by using all recent sightings.   The Short tail girl is the one not seen recently

But here she was on 12. April :

This is after they returned from western sector and Singita.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

The pc boys always look great, they look to have a similar build to amahle nwaswishaka
4 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(04-26-2022, 09:03 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 08:55 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I’m afraid so if you use process of elimination by using all recent sightings.   The Short tail girl is the one not seen recently

But here she was on 12. April :

This is after they returned from western sector and Singita.

This video was originally from 16th February, they reposted it for some reason
3 users Like Tonpa's post