There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-21-2022, 09:05 PM)Gavskrr Wrote: I'm curious to see any images of limper in their real state, as Scorro Jr and the othawa lionesses don't appear to have been involved in any fights, and the plains camp males show signs of this. Could it be that the Limper Tumbela was caught alone, or was it those scratches caused by Nhenha and Nkuhuma, are not such significant marks, but it shows that they have found someone.

Both Tumbelas where seen after that, if Limper was caught, i dont think he would manage to get away alive.

Dont think NK and Nhenha where involved (not sure if they are even in the area still).

Prob Othawas did it to give cubs advantage to run.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-21-2022, 09:41 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Kambulas by Pilateswithtom - Photos from last week-ish 

When was this taken actually? 

Its Kambula #2 and 1 of the littermates, they should not be together in past weeks.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(04-21-2022, 10:07 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 09:41 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Kambulas by Pilateswithtom - Photos from last week-ish 

Its Kambula #2 and 1 of the littermates, they should not be together in past weeks.

From the instagram, three guests visited Umkumbe over Easter weekend. Their first post was on the 17th

Sweden Edvin Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author

This is #2 right, he have a much pinker nose compared to the others

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

I don't know their numbers sadly

South Africa Slayerd Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 11:12 PM by Slayerd )

(04-21-2022, 10:07 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

It's #2 and #5. There was a video of #1 and #2 with another young male in Singita last week. It looked like #5 but thought it could just be my mind playing tricks on me and it was just #6. Makes me wonder where #6 is, hopefully he is alright. Hoping all six join up now.
1 user Likes Slayerd's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-21-2022, 10:11 PM)Tonpa Wrote: From the instagram, three guests visited Umkumbe over Easter weekend. Their first post was on the 17th
(04-21-2022, 11:10 PM)Slayerd Wrote: It's #2 and #5. There was a video of #1 and #2 with another young male in Singita last week. It looked like #5 but thought it could just be my mind playing tricks on me and it was just #6. Makes me wonder where #6 is, hopefully he is alright. Hoping all six join up now.

Idk, but this male #5 should be with other gruop of 3 "littermates" , seen in western sector few weeks ago :

*This image is copyright of its original author

And now he is with male #2, but 3 littermates where seen back south at Sabi Sabi over the weekend, so maybe boys mixed up again.

6th is definitely around as at the same time both gruops of 3 where seen week ago. 

Also, pls post about this boys under "Bboys sons" thread
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

RookiePundit Offline

(04-21-2022, 08:46 PM)lionuk Wrote: Update: The two missing Othawa cubs are accounted for:

"One missing Othawa cub joined the pride this morning. So the larger Tumbela and 3 othawas lionesses and 5 cubs are together.

Though not seen, the tracks of the limping Tumbela and the other missing cub were found close by."

Source: @valeriag

If that one is the male cub, that could be quite a bonding experience.
2 users Like RookiePundit's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

(04-22-2022, 12:58 AM)RookiePundit Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 08:46 PM)lionuk Wrote: Update: The two missing Othawa cubs are accounted for:

"One missing Othawa cub joined the pride this morning. So the larger Tumbela and 3 othawas lionesses and 5 cubs are together.

Though not seen, the tracks of the limping Tumbela and the other missing cub were found close by."

Both of the separated cubs were girls.  The boy was seen with the pride on their kill.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(04-21-2022, 09:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Prob Othawas did it to give cubs advantage to run.

Yeah. 
That seems most feasible one. 
It might be possible that 3 othawa girls have fought with that PC male ( blood was seen on whoose mouth) .Is the news confirm that limper and the sixth cub is alive? Have they been seen after that intrusion??
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

So far there havent been any reports of wounds though.
So unless Limper, Nym or Nhenha suddenly show up with wounds. I am willing to believe its unrelated or a trick of the light or sonething.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

RookiePundit Offline

(04-22-2022, 01:13 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 12:58 AM)RookiePundit Wrote:

Both of the separated cubs were girls.  The boy was seen with the pride on their kill.

Well still a bonding experince I guess but besides Limper possibly becoming her favourtie "dad" it would have no impact whatsoever.
2 users Like RookiePundit's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

Talamati Breakaways and their 5 cubs and Pride Male , Imbali/S8

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

WildRev Offline

Styx pride 
8 users Like WildRev's post

Hairy tummy Offline

The imbali s8 male seems to go through life pretty unscathed, is he in quiet area or just very good at being a lone male with a pride?
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post