There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-11-2022, 04:06 AM)afortich Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 02:27 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 02:01 AM)afortich Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 08:09 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Ximhungwe Lioness with a belly pouch 

Can't catch a break ey, now shes got Nhenha and Nk Male in her area

Is this the lone lioness named Gingerella from Othawa pride??

No, this is the lioness that Gingerella has on a few occasions accompanied and some hoped would stay as a Pride. Gingerella remains alone as a nomadic sun adult.  

This Lioness is the last of her Pride lineage.  The Last Ximungwe lioness.   Ximungwe is among the longest tenured prides in the entire Sabi sands but sadly is down to just this single lioness after the disappearance of her sub adult daughter last year.
Thank you buddy. So she is neither the Tsalala young linoness nor Lagertha, right??

Correct.   Tsalala is separate lioness.  Last seen in Elephant Plains in sabi sands.  She roams around but Londolozi is her most closest thing to home.   Legertha is also a solo lioness but she’s in the Pridelands way up north past Balule.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

What is the origin of the name "Londolozi"?
1 user Likes Gabriele's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

From start to finish 
Video by Julie Melis, Photo by Kim Smith 

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Tsalala female this morning by Kerry Lee Roberg 

7 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(04-11-2022, 02:39 PM)Tonpa Wrote: From start to finish 
Nkuhumas??
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(04-11-2022, 03:50 PM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 02:39 PM)Tonpa Wrote: From start to finish 
Nkuhumas??

sorry, Othawas and Tumbelas
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(04-11-2022, 02:57 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Tsalala female this morning by Kerry Lee Roberg 

Nhenha daughter is doing really well. 
Till now she is hunting small animals but i really hope she will have a pride very soon and hunt big animals too.
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

Contributor

(04-11-2022, 02:34 PM)Gabriele Wrote: What is the origin of the name "Londolozi"?
Uffff.   I knew the answer to this at one point but can’t read all it.   Only thing I can remember is that Londolozi was started by Jonathan Varty whom I knew from his films about the “Leopard Queen’ and some others.    He later opened Londolozi as a Partnership with some others.    

Update Edit:  after Jon took over management duties, The property was renamed 'Londolozi,' a Zulu word meaning 'Protector of all living things'.
6 users Like criollo2mil's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-11-2022, 07:52 PM by lionuk )

The Southern Pride managed to catch and kill an impala and finished it off within twenty minutes. 
8 users Like lionuk's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The Last Surviving Ntsevu Cubs Return to Londolozi

https://blog.londolozi.com/2022/04/11/the-last-surviving-ntsevu-cubs-return-to-londolozi/?fbclid=IwAR1ffekZjIjw1a3_WjRrlfRgwRZeca1UrXJLwvGc5KVJW00dT1IN-qodYDQ
3 users Like Potato's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(04-11-2022, 03:54 PM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 02:57 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Tsalala female this morning by Kerry Lee Roberg 

Nhenha daughter is doing really well. 
Till now she is hunting small animals but i really hope she will have a pride very soon and hunt big animals too.
I love this young girl. Hopefully, she'll soon be accepted in a pride or form a pride with the other solo girls!!
2 users Like afortich's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

I got to know that kambula girls give birth to 7 nwaswitshaka cubs in first week of march. 
Is it true? 
Someone pls cnfm??

Contributor

(04-12-2022, 09:34 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: I got to know that kambula girls give birth to 7 nwaswitshaka cubs in first week of march. 
Is it true? 
Someone pls cnfm??

I have not heard of this.  Where is the information coming from?
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(04-12-2022, 10:04 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 09:34 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: I got to know that kambula girls give birth to 7 nwaswitshaka cubs in first week of march. 
Is it true? 
Someone pls cnfm??

Here

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ca9-G1qjd...mMyMTA2M2Y=

Contributor

(04-12-2022, 10:10 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 10:04 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
Is it true? 
Someone pls cnfm??

Here

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ca9-G1qjd...mMyMTA2M2Y=

That’s an old video from 2020 of the Cubs from Birminghams.  

That YT channel is not reliable.  Notorious for misleading information and re posting videos of others with no credit.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post