There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

Skorro jr and the Othawa pride. Again, still no sign of Limper. Hopefully he's somewhere nearby. 
Credit: Dulini

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like lionuk's post

Russian Federation Bellateda Offline
Banned

Quote:Othawa cubs hunting ducks  [Image: mygod.png]
These cubs are going to go far!

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Who is this youngser? 
Video by Lucien Beumont

8 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-16-2022, 02:22 AM)Yeah Tonpa Wrote: Who is this youngser? 
Video by Lucien Beumont

1/6 Kambula Male Subs.  One of the older ones.
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

“One of the great things about moving to a new place is coming across new animals. Although knowing the history of certain animals isn't for everyone, it certainly is fascinating.
Enter the beauty that is the Marthly lioness.
Over the past few months I've learnt that this females two siblings were killed by a male leopard whilst still very young and in November of last year her mother was killed by two male lions.
At 3 years of age this female has endured a lot and without the protection of a pride she has chosen to lurk between the Sand and Manyeleti rivers, keeping a low profile. She is currently in incredible condition and has been holding her own... I look forward to watching her grow and hopefully starting a new pride of her own.”

11 users Like Potato's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

Throwback: Freddie and Solo, pictured in 2015
Credit: Wildlife Photographer

9 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-17-2022, 12:07 AM)lionuk Wrote: Throwback: Freddie and Solo, pictured in 2015

For now, life of Nkuhuma male very much resembles Solo, most of NK life journey so far is very similar to Solo's.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-17-2022, 12:35 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 12:07 AM)lionuk Wrote: Throwback: Freddie and Solo, pictured in 2015

For now, life of Nkuhuma male very much resembles Solo, most of NK life journey so far is very similar to Solo's.

We will if that will change. Seeing male lions go their entire lives without having a pride of their own makes me feel bad.
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

2 unrelated males, 2 tanks of their era, both comming out of their prime through. It would be very intresting to see what role those two would play in lion dynamics of Sabi Sands if Freddy wouldn't have benn killed by Charleston males.
4 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The lovely Othawa breakaway lioness keeps an eye on the open are ahead of her. Expertly using the termite mound as a good vantage point.

The fact that this lioness has survived so long on her own is testament to her skill and proficiency as a hunter.

7 users Like Potato's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

MalaMala feb report is out 

https://malamala.com/game-reports
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

The Last Birmingham male Nhenha seen today South of Londolozi with 4 other young males. Possibly Nkuhuma and 3 Kambulas.
Credit: Reazert General

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

I guess that my theory that Nhena is forming a coalition with all his sons is becoming true. Altough it still is too early to tell if the Kambula subs will stick with him

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Perhaps its a miscount? I think Nym is already a bit to old to be counted as a young male compared with those kambula subs. 

Eitherway, I cant see it being stable for the time being. Nym and those Subs would be forced to coexist for Nhenhas sake without the carefulness that normally goes with coalition forming. 
Its more likely one of those two groups will leave.

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-17-2022, 05:53 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Perhaps its a miscount? I think Nym is already a bit to old to be counted as a young male compared with those kambula subs. 

Eitherway, I cant see it being stable for the time being. Nym and those Subs would be forced to coexist for Nhenhas sake without the carefulness that normally goes with coalition forming. 
Its more likely one of those two groups will leave.

The lack of mane on his part could easily be confused by thinking he’s younger.   This guide doesn’t know the kambulas or the Gowrie males all that much probably  since they’re not normally in his territory.   If you listen to the video he gives a not so accurate account of the Gowries saying 5 were killed by other lions.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post