There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Tsalala pride lionesses. It's fantastic to see them bonding.

*This image is copyright of its original author

14 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 09:41 PM by lionuk )

(11-15-2021, 08:29 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Picture doesnt load for me.
Sorry to hear that. I've re-uploaded for you. Hopefully it works for you at your end. 

7 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

It does work now. Thanks for re-uploading
4 users Like Mdz123's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Refresh my memory, did both limpy and dominant tumbela mate with the Tsalala lioness?
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-16-2021, 12:01 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Refresh my memory, did both limpy and dominant tumbela mate with the Tsalala lioness?

Only dominant one if i remember correctly (what we seen).
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 02:43 AM by Mdz123 )

(11-16-2021, 12:20 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:01 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Refresh my memory, did both limpy and dominant tumbela mate with the Tsalala lioness?

Limper was seen mating with Ximungwe lioness, we might see suckle marks on that lioness soon
2 users Like Mdz123's post

United States Cath2020 Offline

(11-16-2021, 12:20 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I remember seeing pictures of Limpy mating with the Tsalala lioness a few weeks earlier than with Skorro Jr.
2 users Like Cath2020's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 03:00 PM by lionuk )

Lionesses and cubs from the Nkuhuma pride with Blondie

6 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Three of the Nkuhuma pride lionesses and the seven cubs on the move at Little Gowrie area, Northern Sabi Sands, November 15.

5 users Like lionuk's post

Gijima Offline

From a tracker at Londolozi:

4 users Like Gijima's post

WildRev Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 06:38 PM by WildRev )

(11-16-2021, 06:34 PM)Gijima Wrote: From a tracker at Londolozi:

Yeah, he also said they're still fighting the Bboys, I don't know how they're fighting them if they disappeared lol, I'd love to have more footages...
2 users Like WildRev's post

Gijima Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 06:55 PM by Gijima )

(11-16-2021, 06:37 PM)WildRev Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 06:34 PM)Gijima Wrote: From a tracker at Londolozi:

Yeah, he also said they're still fighting the Bboys, I don't know how they're fighting them if they disappeared lol, I'd love to have more footages...

He said “they are still fighting” so maybe with each other or that the war is ongoing? There’s a language barrier here so I mostly just ignore that and listen to the location of the lions.
1 user Likes Gijima's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Im just wondering, there has been no updates on Fourways pride for a year now (as far as Im aware). Im a bit worried that the Kruger males lost control over the pride. Any of you have recent information?
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 09:22 PM by Tr1x24 )

(11-16-2021, 08:32 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Im just wondering, there has been no updates on Fourways pride for a year now (as far as Im aware). Im a bit worried that the Kruger males lost control over the pride. Any of you have recent information?

Fourways subadults where seen at eastern MalaMala few months ago (cant remember when exactly), all where accounted (6), they are now around 2.5 yrs old, not sure where are 3 adult females, they should be back in estrus now. 

They didnt lost it, they abandon them over time and completely focused on Torchwood pride as all females from Fourways had cubs, while Torchwood females where all in estrus, so they just quit visiting Fourways.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Wonder where Dark Mane is, no sightings since MalaMala reported he was in the area on the 12th?
2 users Like Tonpa's post