There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Really good news comes from Sabi Sands (Wildearth).
According Tristan Dicks. the Ximhungwe cub is a female instead a male cub. 
This a very exciting update. The Ximhungwe cub has born in Jan 2020 her is approaching to his 1 year old. The Future of the Ximhungwe pride depends on this little princess.
Meanwhile this is a long way to go

Screenshot from: Wildearth with Tristan Dicks

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like T I N O's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 01:19 AM by Slayerd )

I definitely think the Torchwood Pride and these males are pushing west. There hasn't been this many sightings of the Torchwood pride since the Bboys ruled the North. Suddenly the pride is being seen in Nkorho, Torchwood and even Djuma. With the Pride pushing west, it could definitely spark conflict. Not to mention the Talamati pride has been pushing South ever since the Nkuhuma have been pushing South. Interestingly enough the 2 Avoca males Mohawk and Blondie haven't seen Dark Mane for this entire year. And recently the 4 Mbiri males have been hanging out north. The Nharu male will be turning 5 soon and the 3 Mbiri are between 3 and 4 years old so they could become a threat down the line as well. So the Dynamics of the North is becoming very interesting.
5 users Like Slayerd's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 09:39 AM by T I N O )

(10-21-2020, 01:19 AM)Slayerd Wrote: I definitely think the Torchwood Pride and these males are pushing west. There hasn't been this many sightings of the Torchwood pride since the Bboys ruled the North. Suddenly the pride is being seen in Nkorho, Torchwood and even Djuma. With the Pride pushing west, it could definitely spark conflict. Not to mention the Talamati pride has been pushing South ever since the Nkuhuma have been pushing South. Interestingly enough the 2 Avoca males Mohawk and Blondie haven't seen Dark Mane for this entire year. And recently the 4 Mbiri males have been hanging out north. The Nharu male will be turning 5 soon and the 3 Mbiri are between 3 and 4 years old so they could become a threat down the line as well. So the Dynamics of the North is becoming very interesting.

I couldn't be more agree with your words mister Slayerd.
The Kruger males as the Torchwood pride can cause a big conflict with the nearby prides on a future. Without count that the 2 Kruger males have arrives to Sabi Sands to stay... At least in the last months they spent the majority of their time in northern Sabi Sands. Besides now we've having much sightings of them.
6 users Like T I N O's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 09:18 AM by Tr1x24 )

(10-21-2020, 01:19 AM)Slayerd Wrote: definitely think the Torchwood Pride and these males are pushing west. There hasn't been this many sightings of the Torchwood pride since the Bboys ruled the North. Suddenly the pride is being seen in Nkorho, Torchwood and even Djuma. With the Pride pushing west, it could definitely spark conflict. Not to mention the Talamati pride has been pushing South ever since the Nkuhuma have been pushing South. Interestingly enough the 2 Avoca males Mohawk and Blondie haven't seen Dark Mane for this entire year. And recently the 4 Mbiri males have been hanging out north. The Nharu male will be turning 5 soon and the 3 Mbiri are between 3 and 4 years old so they could become a threat down the line as well. So the Dynamics of the North is becoming very interesting.

Torchwood pride and 2 males are seen that far west because of Nkuhumas and Avocas shifted territory a bit, when Nkuhumas and Avocas where on Djuma mostly, Torchwoods where nowhere to been seen.. Same goes for Talamatis.. Just normal lion dynamics.. 

(10-21-2020, 01:30 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Nonetheless I haven't seen the Smudge-nosed male for months now. I wonder if he is with the Fourways pride.

Both males where seen with Torchwoods on a Cam week or so ago..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-21-2020, 09:18 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 01:19 AM)Slayerd Wrote: definitely think the Torchwood Pride and these males are pushing west. There hasn't been this many sightings of the Torchwood pride since the Bboys ruled the North. Suddenly the pride is being seen in Nkorho, Torchwood and even Djuma. With the Pride pushing west, it could definitely spark conflict. Not to mention the Talamati pride has been pushing South ever since the Nkuhuma have been pushing South. Interestingly enough the 2 Avoca males Mohawk and Blondie haven't seen Dark Mane for this entire year. And recently the 4 Mbiri males have been hanging out north. The Nharu male will be turning 5 soon and the 3 Mbiri are between 3 and 4 years old so they could become a threat down the line as well. So the Dynamics of the North is becoming very interesting.

Torchwood pride and 2 males are seen that far west because of Nkuhumas and Avocas shifted territory a bit, when Nkuhumas and Avocas where on Djuma mostly, Torchwoods where nowhere to been seen.. Same goes for Talamatis.. Just normal lion dynamics.. 

(10-21-2020, 01:30 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Nonetheless I haven't seen the Smudge-nosed male for months now. I wonder if he is with the Fourways pride.

It was a month ago and probably even more.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Definitely was around 1 month ago.
I posted the screenshot on September 19. I forgot that.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Kruger males with the Torchwood pride (Screenshot from September 19)

3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the two shy dominant males of the Torchwood and Fourways pride of lions.
Both males also were dominant around Hamilton Tented Camp and Tshokwane area.
The fathers of them still is unknown,However and hopefully rangers from Sabi Sands can help on ID them and their background from where comes
Image by:  Anja Immelman
dt. 20.10.2020.

5 users Like T I N O's post

(10-21-2020, 09:18 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I never said it wasn't normal. I said it was interesting. The Northern Avocas can't go too far south or they clash with the Birminghams and remember DM is alone and the Talamati pride is being seen south more and more. The Kruger Males would devide the Avocas even more so if they keep pushing forward.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-21-2020, 09:46 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: One of the two shy dominant males of the Torchwood and Fourways pride of lions.
The fathers of them still is unknown,However and hopefully rangers from Sabi Sands can help on ID them and their background from where comes

This guys look very young, very pink nose..i think they are not older then 6 yrs old.. Prob age as Othawa male..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-21-2020, 03:51 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 09:46 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: One of the two shy dominant males of the Torchwood and Fourways pride of lions.

This guys look very young, very pink nose..i think they are not older then 6 yrs old.. Prob age as Othawa male..

Really?
 In my opinion he look much older than 5 years old. on another photos we can see the colour of his nose (Pink with Dark) I believe that he should be around 7+
Anyway,Any of these suggestion can be correct as not.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-21-2020, 05:45 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Really?
 In my opinion he look much older than 5 years old. on another photos we can see the colour of his nose (Pink with Dark) I believe that he should be around 7+

Othawa male is almost 6,i think they are too around that age, my opinion.. 7 yrs old lion has almost whole black nose..

(10-21-2020, 03:51 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Definitely not that young unless there is 2 different ages in the pride because they have cubs around 2 years old in the Fourways Pride. Perhaps 7 or 8. I do think one of the males is older than the other by atleast a year.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-21-2020, 06:10 PM)Slayerd Wrote: Definitely not that young unless there is 2 different ages in the pride because they have cubs around 2 years old in the Fourways Pride. Perhaps 7 or 8. I do think one of the males is older than the other by atleast a year.

Theres no way that lion on the picture is 8 yrs old.. 

That cub of 2 yrs old is prob not theirs, they where first seen with Fourways in early 2019, in late 2018 Fourways where still with Torchwood male.. 

They are prob 6 to 7 yrs old..

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 06:25 PM by T I N O )

(10-21-2020, 06:07 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 05:45 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Really?

Othawa male is almost 6,i think they are too around that age, my opinion.. 7 yrs old lion has almost whole black nose..

He's most probably (- +7) years old.
The Kruger males were being seen in the northern Sabi Sands for the last 2-3 years.