There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

South Africa Slayerd Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 03:22 PM by Slayerd )

This is the Male the Birminghams killed in 2017. He had another brother as well but nobody knows what happened to his brother, whether he fled or got caught by the Birminghams as well so its false to say the Birminghams never fought or were tested once again just like all the other examples I told you. Get your facts straight please.

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Slayerd's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 03:41 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-07-2020, 02:25 PM)Nathan Aiden Wrote: by Kyaw Soe Win
"No, it was 3 Matimba males known also as Sava males. Sava = shy , Matimba = stronge.
Now they are not shy anymore, Even bigger and stronger.
They are 6 brothers.
5 are 5 years and 1 is 7 years old.
Last week they probably injured one of Majingilanes with dark means seriously.
I got this information in a email from photographer who has taken many pictures of Matimba/Sava males. I am sure the rangers from Singita can confirm it."

So, as you are the guy who thinks that Hairy Belly is 15 now, born in 2005 because thats was what rangers from western sector said that they" believe" he is.. 

And now you post a post from June 2011,when that ranger from the post literaly says that 5 of them are 5 yrs old then ( which means born in 2006) and Ndunha 7 yrs old..

I know i said that its enough of this age debate, but you are claiming that they are born in 2005 and now you post a post from 2011 where its said that they are born in 2006..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 04:09 PM by Shadow )

Before you guys go any deeper to meaningless debate some remarks.

You (whoever reads this) or anyone else don´t see or know about every fight lions fight during their lives. It´s almost impossible to find an adult male lion without obvious scars from fights. In that way every adult lion can be called a warrior.

No-one here has right to dictate what some other person sees as "warrior". Different people see it in different way. So there is no point to argue with others, "no, he can´t be called a warrior because he isn´t it by my standards". For instance some people think, that Mr. T of Mapogos was the "toughest" lion ever. I don´t think so. Those people thinking so can´t change how I feel and I don´t even try to change how they feel, it doesn´t matter really. It´s just some subjective opinion based on preferences.

So don´t try to force other people to share your subjective opinions. It´s ok to say why you like some lion more than others if you are able to respect it, that others can see it differently. If you can´t, then go to do something else, don´t start to mock others for nothing. It´s difficult to figure out something more irrelevant to argue than about subjective opinions. It´s the same as if there would be 3 really beautiful paintings and then three people starting to fight of it, that which one is the most beautiful, when all three men having different kind of things they value on paintings.

When talking about things, which aren´t subjective opinions, like how old some animal is, how tall or how heavy etc. it´s a different thing. If you can prove it, by all means. If you can´t and information is controversial, then it is another thing.

This latest discussion starts to get absurd features, hopefully everyone can calm down.
3 users Like Shadow's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(10-07-2020, 03:26 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 02:25 PM)Nathan Aiden Wrote: by Kyaw Soe Win
"No, it was 3 Matimba males known also as Sava males. Sava = shy , Matimba = stronge.
Now they are not shy anymore, Even bigger and stronger.
They are 6 brothers.
5 are 5 years and 1 is 7 years old.
Last week they probably injured one of Majingilanes with dark means seriously.
I got this information in a email from photographer who has taken many pictures of Matimba/Sava males. I am sure the rangers from Singita can confirm it."

So, as you are the guy who thinks that Hairy Belly is 15 now, born in 2005 because thats was what rangers from western sector said that they" believe" he is.. 

And now you post a post from June 2011,when that ranger from the post literaly says that 5 of them are 5 yrs old then ( which means born in 2006) and Ndunha 7 yrs old..

I know i said that its enough of this age debate, but you are claiming that they are born in 2005 and now you post a post from 2011 where its said that they are born in 2006..

Isn´t this the same discussion which was here a week or two ago? Small quarrel about age of one lion and no-one obviously knows it exactly. Since it is so, time to stop polluting this thread with meaningless debate.
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Pakistan Nathan Aiden Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 08:40 PM by Nathan Aiden )

Dark Maned Avoca Djuma Game Reserve 

Jackie Bishof

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes Nathan Aiden's post

Banned
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 04:17 PM by Nathan Aiden )

Kyaw Soe is not a ranger. 5 Matimba brother were only one year younger than Ndhuna. I am sure she has estimated it herself. Not that she has confirmed it.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 05:06 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-07-2020, 04:06 PM)Shadow Wrote: Isn´t this the same discussion which was here a week or two ago? Small quarrel about age of one lion and no-one obviously knows it exactly. Since it is so, time to stop polluting this thread with meaningless debate.

I know its meaningless debate, i even said it myself that needs to stop,but i needed to point this out.. 

Whats the point of him claiming one thing, and then he literaly himself posts a post which
contradicts his claims? This just blows my mind.. 

(10-07-2020, 04:02 PM)Shadow Wrote: This latest discussion starts to get absurd features, hopefully everyone can calm down.

I agree, but i wont stay away if somebody is saying false info,rewriting history etc..

But whatever..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Banned

Just confirmed that's not a comment from 2011. It's the Mapogo page on Facebook who created this post and added the comments of alenjandro, Mele Andru, and Kyaw to the updates of ranger Kim and singita ranger and formulated this report. I removed Mele and Alejandro comments as i know they are not rangers but i wasn't sure about Kyaw. So removing her comment as well.

Banned

Here is the Mapogo page created version..

https://m.facebook.com/Mapogo.Lions/phot...20/?type=3

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 06:00 PM by T I N O )

Keep calm guys,I really support to @Slayerd  and  @Tr1x24  because always have giving a very incredible source and very kinds guys
I think that already doesn't is much necessary debating again with the same guy who thinks that is an expert so argue with him is absolutely unnecessary.
Take Care everyone
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Throwback to 2011 in the Sabi Sands
3 of the Majingilane males after chasing the 4 Matimba males right back into the Vuyatela
Early August 2011
Image credits: Katia Meijs
Sabi Sands
Background: Majingilanes vs Matimbas
Monday, 1 August 2011
(25°C)
By Elephant plains
Seven male lions chasing each other around Lucas open area
Cedric (Nkorho ranger)
The second real test for the Majingilane
"Are the Majingilanes strong enough and smart enough to handle all the new coalitions crossing through their territory ? .. especially concerned with the Matimbas as they seem to be invading many areas" only time will tell."
As shared by Cedric, Ranger at Nkorho - 1st August 2011
Morning
- Our drive was all about the Majingilane's vs Matimba lions.
It all started out with 4 x Matimba'a (male lions) calling from the south of baboon pan. Then all of a sudden we got four of them moving across gowrie main in a northerly direction. We parked on gowrie main wishing that they would come south again. Then suddenly we got lions calling just south of baboon pan, i waited and then got visual of three male lions coming north. It was the Majingilane's busy calling claiming there territory. The four Matimba's did not back down and started calling from the north and came south again face on with the Majingilanes. The Matimba males ran across gowrie main again and headed towards baboon pan where the Majingilane's were, but the Majingilane's tucked there tail under them a started to run south with the Matimba males right on there heels. The vocalisation was immense as they were all calling trying to claim the territory. We just waited on gowrie main, and it was not long before we got the Matimba males running north again with the Majingilanes hot on there tail's. This happened several times, it was like a ping pong battle. The Matimba males moved further north but still calling like crazy and the Majingilanes settled just south of baboon pan. Tired from the mornings affairs. With all that commotion this morning I'm sure the other Majingilane will be joining his brothers and the other two Matimba males will be joining there brothers. Maybe tonight will be interesting. Watch this space.
Aug 1, 2011
Great report Cedric.1:0 for the Majingilanes, being able to chase the Matimbas off their territory although being outnumbered. May be the Matimbas decide the south being to costly to invade? Let's hope for it.

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like T I N O's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(10-07-2020, 02:52 PM)Nathan Aiden Wrote: Birminghams have not been test. Its been said by MalaMala on many occasions. Birmingham Males never had a battle against other coalitions when they became dominant males. There is a video of them with the single Selati male but that's not such a video that they can be warrior or sth for this.

Try not to make any claims that sound fanboyish. Even for debatable statements your source must be mentioned.

Wildfact won't compromise with quality of information. Keep your observations from a neutral point of view. Thanks.
2 users Like Rishi's post

Banned
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 06:11 PM by Nathan Aiden )

This guy named Ahmed followed by a few lodges and rangers on Instagram says Hairy belly Matimba is dead..

Shocking

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes Nathan Aiden's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-07-2020, 06:03 PM)Nathan Aiden Wrote: This guy named Ahmed followed by a few lodges and rangers on Instagram says Hairy belly Matimba is dead..

Shocking

He can't be doomed for that mistake.
I think,you should ignored those kinds of post and not post it here,Especially because you are starting a new discussion which doesn't make sense. I and the members are here rather than report or ignore we can't fight each-other and act like childs.
This site is the best by far and we are who makes the difference to other sites!
Take Care dear Nathan!
2 users Like T I N O's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 06:45 PM by Shadow )

(10-07-2020, 04:29 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 04:06 PM)Shadow Wrote: Isn´t this the same discussion which was here a week or two ago? Small quarrel about age of one lion and no-one obviously knows it exactly. Since it is so, time to stop polluting this thread with meaningless debate.

I know its meaningless debate, i even said it myself that needs to stop,but i needed to point this out.. 

Whats the point of him claiming one thing, and then he literaly himself posts a post which
contradicts his claims? This just blows my mind.. 

(10-07-2020, 04:02 PM)Shadow Wrote: This latest discussion starts to get absurd features, hopefully everyone can calm down.

I agree, but i wont stay away if somebody is saying false info,rewriting history etc..

But whatever..

My point was mainly concerning the part of discussion about which lion is "warrior" and which isn´t. That discussion started to be absurd because it´s so subjective matter and there is no authority who could define it. For sure there are some more courageous lions than others but it´s a different thing. Praising some individual shouldn´t be any reason to demean some other. Lions don´t need to prove anything for people. They are wild animals living in ruthless and unforgiving environment as everyone, who are interested about lions, should know. It´s a pity to see how some posters disrespect some lions while praising others, I personally don´t understand it at all. They all do their best after all.

So what comes to facts, naturally when seeing something what is wrong, it´s ok to post and tell what is wrong and based on what.

But then again, when there is controversial information it´s good to understand when some issue is such, that impossible to be 100% sure.

When talking about age and some ranger saying somewhere, that "he is 5 years old". It´s not something what could be used as 100% conclusive just like that. Let´s say, that some lion cub was born 4th of June 2005. Then some ranger answer to some person asking age January 2010 "how old is he?" This ranger can think in his mind quickly "hmmm.... he was born sometime 2005..." then he writes that "he is 5 years old", while in reality most people would say that he is 4 years old.

Same ranger can be asked December 2010 that how old is that lion and after quick think he replies "5" and this time he was right even though lion was almost an year older than when he was asked the same thing last time.

Then some other ranger can say a month later, that "he is around 6 years old"

These things are so obvious, when looking at these debates that everyone should notice those instead trying too hard to win the debate, no matter what. And this wasn´t now meant to you @Tr1x24, you have been a good poster.
5 users Like Shadow's post