There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

It seem that I indeed do not understand you if you in one sentence write that they will be beastly and they have very tall and long bodys and in other that you didn't say at all that they will be over avarage. lol

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Tumbela males
Photo credit: Roger Hlongwane

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like T I N O's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 08:38 PM by Tr1x24 )

(09-24-2020, 07:03 PM)Potato Wrote: It seem that I indeed do not understand you if you in one sentence write that they will be beastly and they have very tall and long bodys and in other that you didn't say at all that they will be over avarage. lol

I explained myself in previous reply, i didnt say they will be above average.. 

Hairy Belly and Tumbela male with the same lioness :

So from this comes my assumption that they will be beasts, as you can see they are quite tall.. 

Im not saying he is tall as HB, but looking at this picture, that young male is quite tall, a bit taller and he would be tall as HB (also HB mane on top of his head makes him look even taller, that young male doesn't have that). 

So i dont think Birmingham young male or 6th Nharu who you consider bigger, are bigger then this Tambula male or they would be big as HB,which they are not..

Thierry Offline

Keep calm, friends...
Sorry for my bad englich, but it doesn't matter, if they are big, the biggest or not.
May be they will look impressive, when they will be full grown.
They don't need to be very big for it (my wife is not as big as me, but angry, sh's very very impressive, believe it).
4 users Like Thierry's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Jens Cullmann: " Sometimes you have no choice what’s on the menu ... .

This lion killed somehow a full grown eland antelope (posted some pics before). But his teeth were not the best and he had to wait for days to eat it until the meat got soft and rotten. Not a nice view as maggots started feeding on it too ... and the smell was special too . . . "

The lions , being the apex predators in Africa, are able to keep its preys for a long time. Thus, when we see what they can eat, a rotten corpse with a vast number of flies flying over and a sligthering mass of worms in the entrails, we are asking ourselves how they can do it... Same thing for the hyenas, and even for the leopards up on a tree.
The cheetah's meal is mor "healthy": it is in a hurry to eat and the flesh is red.
2 users Like Spalea's post

Pakistan Nathan Aiden Offline
Banned

Tumbela Male at idube.

Idube Game Reserve

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Nathan Aiden's post

Banned

Matimba Male and Othawa youngsters at Idube Game reserve

Posted yesterday by Promise Mashile

Attached Files Image(s)

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

A really interesting and special sighting of the Thumbela Males busy feeding on a dead hippo at Ebony dam. The young hippo was killed by another hippo bull.

This is only 2 of 3 males as the 3rd one was incredibly difficult to see.

4 users Like Potato's post

Banned

Updates from Western Sabisands.

3 Tumbela males and one Othawa still on the hippo carcass. Greg Moran

found the one female with the four sub adults, far from the rest this morning. And without the Matimba Male. Ryan Johnston

Not sure, we couldn't find tracks for him anywhere. The guys say he has been quiet but with the pride. Ryan on Matimba
3 users Like Nathan Aiden's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

The Mhangeni pride were seen on consecutive days in west Londolozi, giving us fantastic sightings of their two older cubs. I say older because another one of the lionesses is believed to have given birth to cubs in the last few weeks, but we are yet to lay eyes on them.

[i]Two lionesses of the Mhangeni pride rest in the Sand River with the Othawa male just behind them. Although they’ve been around, sightings of the pride have sometimes been tricky as they have often chosen inaccessible sandbanks in the middle of the river to rest on. This one was particularly difficult to get to.[/i]

[i]
[/i]

[i][i]One of the Avoca males stares back from the thickets. He had been stalking a hyena that had come in to investigate the Nkuhuma pride’s buffalo kill, but was spotted before he could get close enough to pounce.[/i][/i]

[i][i]
[/i]
[/i]
2 users Like Potato's post

Banned
( This post was last modified: 09-26-2020, 09:03 AM by Rishi )

What would happen if 3 Tumbela males get old of Hairy Belly Matimba?

This video should give a good picture of it. It's best for Hairy belly Matimba avoid a confrontation.

3 users Like Nathan Aiden's post

Banned

One of the Othawa lioness is likely dinning been own her own. Greg Moran

Expect 3 new cubs into the Othawa pride. Three little Hairy belly Matimbas. These cubs might make it since the lionesses has mated with Tumbelas recently. Males will accept the cubs.
6 users Like Nathan Aiden's post

Banned

Updates Othawa Pride from Ryan

Still at Idube but I was with them (Tumbela) this morning.

Still the same (Othawa). But did find the other lioness, in the river close to River lodge.

Attached Files Image(s)

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(09-26-2020, 11:04 AM)Nathan Aiden Wrote: One of the Othawa lioness is likely dinning been own her own. Greg Moran

Expect 3 new cubs into the Othawa pride. Three little Hairy belly Matimbas. These cubs might make it since the lionesses has mated with Tumbelas recently. Males will accept the cubs.

It depends on how will react the three Tumbela males
We don't know if the Othawa has mated with the three Tumbela males and also they never have see a cub for ages,so would be really interesting the behavior of those boys,I'm glad that HB will leave his legacy though SS
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A male lion mating with a lioness (probably Torchwood?). at Nkorho Bush Lodge in Sabi Sands Game Reserve

4 users Like T I N O's post