There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Potato use your real name. First advice "

I will decide that for myself under what name I will be posting. You go mind your own bussines. First advice.

"besides one of the Northern Matimba males also has a Hairy Belly,and also the Torchwood young male"

Kind of, more like a bit of short hairs than proper mane. 

"Hairy belly Matimba was a dominant Male lion in 2010.
And this Timo thinks he was born in 2007. Laughable "

What is there laughable? Is it really impossible for 5 oversized 3 years old males with back up of one older male to take on and oust single dominant male?

"You come up with pictures which are questionable. Putting wrong date on the pictures."

Said on base on what evidence? 

"While rangers have already confirmed him to be 15 years old."

So the pictures from his birth place are no evidence at all, but guide's empty words that they did some indeterminate research is undeniable evidence?  
4 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2020, 12:48 AM by Tr1x24 )

(09-18-2020, 12:03 AM)Alex Morala Wrote: Hairy belly Matimba was a dominant Male lion in 2010.

Matimba where not dominant until  2011... Watch pictures of Matimbas in 2011, they look like 4-5 yrs old males.. Not 6 yrs old males..

We already had this discussion with you.. I think its pointless to discuss it anymore and spamming forum with nonsense..

You still didnt show us any actually evidence that he is 15, besides western sector rangers words, of which they too dont have any evidence, just their speculation...
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2020, 12:47 AM by T I N O )

(09-18-2020, 12:38 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 12:29 AM)Alex Morala Wrote: And Dulini isn't the only Lodge confirming his age.

Check out Savanna Game Reserve Ranger Daniel confirming his age and his birth month "May"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBXiwHugohE/...uh2zhnanvh
Idk what "research" they did so I won't say they are wrong. But, no one is spreading "propaganda" or trying to make HB younger, and we would all love to get some clarity. Stop creating drama. Hey Tino, what's the source for that HB cub picture? just curious.

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like T I N O's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(09-18-2020, 12:32 AM)Alex Morala Wrote: And another proof from Ranger Brandon Birch.

"around" 15, that's an estimation at best. Let's agree on 14-15, you just want him to be 15 and are cherry-picking evidence that supports what you want to believe.
3 users Like sik94's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Wildfact team should act on this issue "

There is no wildfact police. Every user acts on his own behave. If you can prove that other user is presenting lies you can do your own research on direct topic and present evidence that those are lies indeed.  However guide words from totally different reserve to which Matimba male is born on to that he is "around 15" is no evidence at all. 
2 users Like Potato's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-17-2020, 11:59 PM)Alex Morala Wrote: Potato please use your real name. kind request

And second is that Timo is also terming Hairy belly Matimba as son of Skybeds based on his looks which is absurd!!!
Since Mazaithi males also had manes which extended to hind legs.

@Alex Morala what name any of our users choose to use is none of your concern. Do stop telling anyone else that.
3 users Like BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the three Northern Avoca males "DARK MANE" 
Photo credit to: Irene Kelly
Sabi Sand,Posted: 17.09.2020.

3 users Like T I N O's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2020, 01:01 AM by BA0701 )

(09-18-2020, 12:47 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 12:32 AM)Alex Morala Wrote: And another proof from Ranger Brandon Birch.

"around" 15, that's an estimation at best. Let's agree on 14-15, you just want him to be 15 and are cherry-picking evidence that supports what you want to believe.

With the fact that differing reserve rangers have differing opinions on the matter, what @sik94 has said is sound advice for everyone. Let's all agree that Hairy Belly is 14-15, and put this to bed once and for all please.
3 users Like BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Throwback Tuesday from April 2014: Solo, a male lion in Sabi Sands Game Reserve, strolls on a path to find a shady resting place. He had just polished off some Cape Buffalo, rubbed his face in the tall dewy grass for a quick clean, and was ready for a nap!
Photo credit to: DaniLew
Sabi Sand Game Reserve,Posted: 17.09.2020 (Image date back: April 2014)

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Birmingham/Gowrie males "NHENHA" with one of the Kambula/Ntsevu lionesses
Photo credit to: 2009 Lisa
Sabi Sand,Posted: 17.09.2020.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

the Fuller mane Matshapiri!
Despite having a meal fit for a king the scars on its face tells the story of a male lion’s life. And as difficult as it is living in lion society the biggest threat isn’t other lions but the effect humans have had from habitat destruction to trophy hunting and poaching. Time is running out to protect these regal cats.
Photo credit to: Eric Gurwin
Sabi Sand,Posted: 17.09.2020. "OLD PHOTO"

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

Yeah, so I looked at Tino's source and its pretty solid. The pictures are dated, and it's quite an extensively documented archive of a personal safari trip to Ngala. I think its pretty good evidence.
6 users Like sik94's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(09-18-2020, 01:15 AM)sik94 Wrote: Yeah, so I looked at Tino's source and its pretty solid. The pictures are dated, and it's quite an extensively documented archive of a personal safari trip to Ngala. I think its pretty good evidence.

Thank you my friend.

If once is approved share other links, I will share all the album here

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Ginger Matimba 2 years ago R.I.P
Photo credit to: Dulini Private Game Reserve

9 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Matimba males "Hairy Belly" taken in the Manyeleti-Sabi Sands in 2011/2012
Photo credit to: Drizzle Jordaan.
Manyeleti-Sabi Sand,Posted: 16.09.2020

6 users Like T I N O's post