There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Online
Moderators

(09-17-2020, 11:27 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Skybed male and Matimba male HB July 2008.
Also this explain that HB most likely has born in early to mid  2007.
Photo credits to: Patton E.
Timbavati-Ngala PGR

*This image is copyright of its original author

Slitnose Matimba and old Skybed male
2 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-17-2020, 10:51 PM)Alex Morala Wrote: And Hairy belly has a totally different mane to old skybed males also. Hairy belly has a patch of hair on his belly and a patch of his hair on his both shoulders. So different mane type to old Skybed males.

What??

Old Skybed males had massive manes just like Hairy Belly.. 

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2020, 01:16 AM by T I N O )

(09-17-2020, 11:23 PM)Potato Wrote: "And Hairy belly has a totally different mane to old skybed males also. Hairy belly has a patch of hair on his belly and a patch of his hair on his both shoulders. So different mane type to old Skybed males."

Hairy Belly has different kind of mane to any other lion in KNP. Going throught that logic we would get to conclusion that Hairy Belly has no sons, brothers and fathers as neither Old Skybeds nor any other lion in KNP has mane going through belly. Overall sons are not copy paste their fathers unless they live in small, closed reserve with very poor genetic diversity. 

You nailed it
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 11:58 PM by T I N O )

(09-17-2020, 11:53 PM)Alex Morala Wrote: Timo you want to decrease Hairy belly Matimba age. You did this same thing on Facebook and then apologised. Not trusting you. You come up with pictures which are questionable. Putting wrong date on the pictures.  Doesn't justify

And only your pages on Instagram and Facebook are spreading this propaganda terming him 14 years old and son of Skybed etc. While rangers have already confirmed him to be 15 years old.

I don't care at all.
I'm sure who I am and aware of what I say.

T I N O Online
Moderators

Hairy Belly Matimba Ngala 2007

T I N O Online
Moderators

old Skybed Male at Ngala Private Game Reserve,31 October 2007.

T I N O Online
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2020, 12:21 AM by T I N O )

Please Alex...
I have said the same yesterday this website is for adult people and everyone who is interested on follow the lion dynamics of those areas,Not matter how old are you or from where are you!
You not should attacking to Potato by his nickname,At least to me not matter how is his real name,he's providing very great post and updates every day like Tr1x24.
besides,you have jumping with the conclusion that HB not was sired by the old Skybed male when everyone knows it...
However,If you continue acting like this,I will report again to Wildfact team about your behavior!
2 users Like T I N O's post

Pakistan Alex Morala Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2020, 12:10 AM by Alex Morala )

Greg has never said it. And post it if you have proof. It's clear cut.

T I N O Online
Moderators

Dulini confirming Hairy Belly Matimba age.

This clearly shows that he can't be the son of Old Skybed Males.

https://www.facebook.com/DuliniLodge/vid...805827620/

Attached Files Image(s)

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(09-18-2020, 12:22 AM)Alex Morala Wrote: Dulini confirming Hairy Belly Matimba age.

We have pictures though, Rangers can be wrong. Dulini isn't the end all say all.
2 users Like sik94's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(09-18-2020, 12:22 AM)Alex Morala Wrote: Dulini confirming Hairy Belly Matimba age.

Alex my friend,You just are basing o n what they said without before checking by yourself.
For your reference the age of the Matimba males was a mistake made by MM when they estimated their ages,and since then a few guys have keep with that "age" without never investigated by themselves.
Anyway,I respect what you say,But I not agree with that,Regards!

And Dulini isn't the only Lodge confirming his age.

Check out Savanna Game Reserve Ranger Daniel confirming his age and his birth month "May"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBXiwHugohE/...2zhnanvhma

And another proof from Ranger Brandon Birch.

Attached Files Image(s)

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(09-18-2020, 12:29 AM)Alex Morala Wrote: And Dulini isn't the only Lodge confirming his age.

Check out Savanna Game Reserve Ranger Daniel confirming his age and his birth month "May"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBXiwHugohE/...uh2zhnanvh
Idk what "research" they did so I won't say they are wrong. But, no one is spreading "propaganda" or trying to make HB younger, and we would all love to get some clarity. Stop creating drama. Hey Tino, what's the source for that HB cub picture? just curious.
2 users Like sik94's post