There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A male lion approaching through the bushes with an absolutely power and confidence in the Londolozi Game Reserve in Sabi Sands
Photo credit to: Prevs Wildlife
Sabi Sand-Londolozi GR,Posted: 16/04/2019

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Birmingham Tinyo getting used to patrolling on his own. 
Photo credit to: Sheila Berlin
Sabi Sand,Posted: 19/11/2019

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the dominant coalition males (Tinyo) keeps a steady pace on his morning patrol. Brother to the injured hip male, he now has twice the area to patrol to make sure any would be challengers keep at bay. A kings work is never over."
Photo credit and text to: Liam Henderson 
Sabi Sand-MalaMala GR,Posted 17/07/2019

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Shaka Matimba 
One of the Matimba male lion's that I found in the northern part of the reserve yesterday morning. He's a particularly pretty Lion with incredibly light eyes. They even show blue in certain light.
Photo credit to: Darren Donovan Photography
Manyeleti GR,Posted: 18/11/2014.
6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Matimba/Phelwane males chasing off the Machaton coalition at Shindzela Tented Camp in the Timbavati Game Reserve part of the Greater Kruger National Park
Photo credit to: Johan Smalman

5 users Like T I N O's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" It's always an incredible sight seeing a pride of lions on the move through an area, they bring a sense of power with ever step. "

4 users Like Spalea's post

Pakistan Alex Morala Offline

All 6 Legendary Matimba Males - 

Along with Mapogos, Majingelanes and Notch's are the 4 greatest coalitions of all time.

First Became dominant in 2010 are still dominant in September 2020 thanks to the last remaining legendary Matimba Male Hairy Belly.

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Alex Morala's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The ebb and flow of life within the Sand River Pride - exciting times for us at andBeyond Tengile River Lodge and andBeyond Kirkman's Kamp.
There are the new additions to the pride - 4 of them, as far as we can tell. Under the watchful eyes of the two Avoca males, the pride is slowly growing.
During this time of their life the cubs are extremely vulnerable, and so their mother may move the den site regularly.
Now that we know the cubs are there, we will stop all vehicle movement through the area, and hopefully in two to three weeks, we can start viewing the little cubs consistently!

4 users Like Potato's post

Update on Ottawa Male, Legendary Matimba Male and 3 Tumbela Males. Virgin Limited Safari 

Start watching at 14...onward 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFHy55VFb_p...oagmq8ii19
4 users Like Alex Morala's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Deon Kelbrick: " The king appearing out of the darkness of the night, focused on his long night patrol ahead of him. "

Deon Kelbrick: " The photo shows us the protectors of the pride - the pride male and matriarch watching vigilantly over their pride whilst they feed. This protection is key for any prides survival especially if they have young ones. A duo definitely to be reckoned with! "

Deon Kelbrick: " Lionesses on the hunt just before sunset. They had their eyes on some impala in the distance but failed unfortunately. "

2 users Like Spalea's post

( This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 12:15 AM by Alex Morala )

It's sad to see some Instagram and Facebook pages like lions sightings and lion of Timbavati sharing fake info and data on lions without any fact check. And when you ask for rangers and lodges proof on their claimed post. They block you.

It's like they have an agenda and they want to force it anyway. Shameful to be honest.
1 user Likes Alex Morala's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(09-16-2020, 12:15 AM)Alex Morala Wrote: It's sad to see some Instagram and Facebook pages like lions sightings and lion of Timbavati sharing fake info and data on lions without any fact check. And when you ask for rangers and lodges proof on their claimed post. They block you.

It's like they have an agenda and they want to force it anyway. Shameful to be honest.

What do you mean exactly?
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Update from WildEarth.. 4 Mbiri boys moved back north into Buffelshoek and Manyeleti..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Ximhungwe female and her cub.
This loan female has to raise her little male cub all on her own. a Task that is not easy, but so far against all the odds, she is doing an amazing job.
Photo credit to: Nkorho Bush Lodge
Sabi Sand-Nkorho Bush Lodge,Posted: 14.09.2020.

5 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(09-16-2020, 10:42 AM)Alex Morala Wrote: This Page also spreading fabricated info and blocking everyone who asks for proof on his claims.

Report him guys

What exactly fabricated info you are talking about?
1 user Likes Potato's post