There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Offline
Moderators

*This image is copyright of its original author

1/2 Southern Avoca males spotted on KNP awhile time ago
KNP,Posted: July 1.,2020.
Photo credit to: Hanno Erasmus
4 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" What an incredibly exciting day for us!!! On morning safari, we came across the Southern Pride lioness lying between some rocks in a shady area. Upon closer inspection, we noticed 2 little bundles close to her tummy - two precious new cubs!! So tiny compared to her - we can see these 2 are still very new to the world. After a few quick pictures, we left her and the cubs. As always when finding new cubs, we will give her the space she needs to look after her little ones and close off the surrounding area for safaris for some time. "

3 users Like Spalea's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Eye to Eye in Sabi Sands Game Reserve, South Africa
1/2 Thanda Impi male lions "Sizanani" at Sabi Sands, South Africa
Sabi Sand,Posted: August 2013
Photo credit to: Mike Preston

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Hairy Belly, One of the Matimba males
Photo credit to: Mike Pepe

3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Othawa male accompanied with one of his queens at Londolozi Game Reserve
Londolozi,Posted: Sept 11.,2020.
Photo credit to: Greg Pingo

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A Birmingham Male (Nhenha) has a drink at the closest watering hole after feeding on a buffalo kill.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Avoca males was on a territorial patrol. This male is starting to shift his territory further and further onto Londolozi which could start causing a shift in the dynamics of the Lion prides.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

One of the Avoca males was on a territorial patrol. This male is starting to shift his territory further and further onto Londolozi which could start causing a shift in the dynamics of the Lion prides.

[i]A Birmingham Male has a drink at the closest watering hole after feeding on a buffalo kill.[/i]

[i]
[/i]

[i][i]Nothing is more rewarding than finding lions walking down the road, especially late in the morning after searching for hours.[/i][/i]

[i][i]
[/i]
[/i]

It looks like Othawa male had another date with Ntsevu lionesses.
4 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Kirkmas Camp

A lioness from the Styx Pride rests on the bank of the Sand River.
The Styx pride have had enormous success with their nomadic lifestlye over the past few years. Without a territory and male lions dominating the pride, they are free to move wherever they wish as long as they avoid conflict with other lions.
However, the time will come when they will have to settle down again in order to raise their next generation or the pride will eventually disappear. The question on everyone's minds: what land will they claim as their own?

2 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Dark Mane Avoca on a night patrol at Sabi Sands
Photo credit to: Neal Cooper

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Talamati young males sired by the Selati coalition at Nkorho Bush Lodge
Caption: Young male lion staring at a female leopard in the tree next to him enjoying her dinner.
Photo credit to: Madeli Jansen Van Rensburg

2 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" We stopped at a watering hole to view some birds when we heard lions calling in the distance. We followed the sounds and came across their tracks perfectly clear in the sand. After hearing elephants and zebra vocalising in an uneasy manner, we made our way towards them and found the four N'waswishaka males resting. Soon after they got up and continued on their morning patrol. "

2 users Like Spalea's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A young male lion from the Fourways pride, against the dry winter background.
KK-Sabi Sand-Posted: 27/07/18.
Photo credit to: Josh VD Ploeg

T I N O Offline
Moderators

It’s amazing how lions can turn from a deep sleep into a focused hunt.
These two male lions suddenly began stalking a warthog, but unfortunately their quarry spotted them just in time.
KK-Sabi Sand-Posted: 25/05/18.
Photo credit to: Josh VD Ploeg

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

In the last week the Tumbela male lions have been seen on buffalo and giraffe kills.
It's incredible to watch how these males move deeper into unknown territory, and seem to be thriving.
We will post a further update next week about where these males have come from and family histories.

4 users Like Potato's post