There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(01-28-2023, 12:55 AM)Potato Wrote: The most impressive male lion in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve at the moment in my opinion, the incredible S8 male.
This definitely has to be one of my favorite images of a male lion, the eye level and contact is just perfect.
What a beast!

*This image is copyright of its original author

I think one ranger said that S8's paw is the biggest she's ever seen in many years of watching lions. Impressive King.
3 users Like afortich's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-28-2023, 01:38 AM by afortich )

(01-28-2023, 01:03 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: There are images making their circle around the boards of Nkuhuma with some fresh lacerations.   The reports intimate he wa attacked by the Black Dam Boys.  

With these rumors, they’re also saying Mohawk was seen near a second Male and it was suspected to be Nkuhuma.  

So not sure what will be officially reported and what wil be substantiated… more to follow I guess.

If is really NYM, I hope Mohawk does not make that mistake and end up like Nhenha because the BD boys has as strong bond, similar to PC boys.
1 user Likes afortich's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

afortich.
[/quote' Wrote:
If is really NYM, I hope Mohawk does not make that mistake because the BD boys has as strong bond, similar to PC boys.

I deleted the post. I just don’t know if it’s trustworthy yet. I will let tine revela if anything has happened.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-28-2023, 01:52 AM by Duco Ndona )

I wonder if Nym had an alteration with the PCmales again, rather than with the BDboys. It would explain why he left the Ximhungwes behind and showed up at Mohawk.

Speaking of Nym. Where should updates be posted regarding him? Seeing the whole situation with Nhenha?
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Canada Maghreb Offline

[attachment=9971 Wrote: Duco Ndona pid='184631' dateline='1674852506']I wonder if Nym had an alteration with the PCmales again, rather than with the BDboys. It would explain why he left the Ximhungwes behind and showed up at Mohawk.

Speaking of Nym. Where should updates be posted regarding him? Seeing the whole situation with Nhenha?

According to Othawa pride facebook page, both Ximhungwe females are pregnant; a guide told this to a guest. Photo credit Charlie Braucha

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Maghreb's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(01-28-2023, 01:48 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I wonder if Nym had an alteration with the PCmales again, rather than with the BDboys. It would explain why he left the Ximhungwes behind and showed up at Mohawk.

That's certainly a possibility. BD Boys attacking him doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, given their nomadic situation currently.

As for NYM, and posts regarding him, I'd say either the Sabi Sands thread, or the Birmingham Lineage threads would be the two best candidates at the moment.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@afortich  there's no way Mohawk is joining up with NK but BDM are not PCM. They are nomads. I doubt they'd have the guts to, right now, challenge 2 dominant males unless they were to be very old or in poor health.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-28-2023, 09:18 AM by afortich )

(01-28-2023, 06:12 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @afortich  there's no way Mohawk is joining up with NK but BDM are not PCM. They are nomads. I doubt they'd have the guts to, right now, challenge 2 dominant males unless they were to be very old or in poor health.

Right. But I compare only the bond between BDM to the bond of PCM, which they've always been together. Therefore, BDM could probably fight to the death defending each other and with whomever trying to hurt them if needed to.

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 12:22 AM by DARK MANE )

Tsalala girl, nhenha daughter, is doing fine. She isis now 3 yrs 10 months old.
6 users Like DARK MANE's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 01:51 AM by afortich )

(01-29-2023, 12:22 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: Tsalala girl, nhenha daughter, is doing fine. She isis now 3 yrs 10 months old.

I'm waiting for the moment this princess officially makes a friend/friends.
2 users Like afortich's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-28-2023, 06:12 AM)Mapokser Wrote: there's no way Mohawk is joining up with NK but BDM are not PCM
I do not see any reason why he shouldn't join up force with some other nomadic male like Nkuchuma or Tumbela. It would provide better odds for surviving for each.

(01-28-2023, 06:12 AM)Mapokser Wrote: They are nomads
They are not anymore. They are successfully claiming former Northern Avocas territory.

(01-28-2023, 06:12 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I doubt they'd have the guts to, right now, challenge 2 dominant males unless they were to be very old or in poor health
Not long ago at all they were scent marking in 2 Skorro males territory and puruing their pride - Myambula. BDM are is their prime and in great health so I do not see any reason why at that point they wouldn't be able to compete with other coalitions of 2 males in their prime.
6 users Like Potato's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Potato  I thought BDM were 4, are they older?

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 06:14 AM by afortich )

Black Dam boys should be approximately about the same age as BYM and Tourchwood, so they're older than 4 but don't remember the exact age.

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(01-30-2023, 06:13 AM)afortich Wrote: Black Dam boys should be approximately about the same age as BYM and Tourchwood, so they're older than 4 but don't remember the exact age.

Born mid to late 2017, they are around 1 year younger then BYM /Torchwood.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(01-30-2023, 10:17 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 06:13 AM)afortich Wrote: Black Dam boys should be approximately about the same age as BYM and Tourchwood, so they're older than 4 but don't remember the exact age.

Born mid to late 2017, they are around 1 year younger then BYM /Torchwood.

Thank u buddy @Tr1x24 . That's more or less what I thought, a little over 5 years old.