There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
We have upgraded the system, and this might cause some weird issues. If you face such issues, please report here.

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Romania Cath2020 Offline

(05-17-2021, 04:51 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 07:50 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Now, not even a sub if she disappeared, which could have happened. (assuming another Mantemhale daughter returned, as per the report the pride was down to 2 lionesses at one point)  The S. Avocas have lost at least 5 litters now....  Their legacy is in question because even none of their subs can manage to survive (assuming they lost their Sparta and Sand River sub daughters)

Maybe they'll get luckier with the Plains Camp Pride.  It seems the youngest cubs could be theirs and some might still be alive....

I watched that picture again of Sand Rivers..

It looks like subadult is there, and its female, and not a male as i taught :

*This image is copyright of its original author

So 1 female is missing, as there where definitely 4 females, 2 older ones and 2 Mantimahle daughters with them..

She might be near by, maybe denning..

That would be extra good news if she's the sub and another lioness is possibly denning.  I was thinking that there had to be another lioness alive because with just 3 plus the sub doesn't add up.....unless the 5 cubs came from the same lioness, which isn't the case with this pride, I believe.  The 5 cubs are from 2 lionesses, the sub-adult is from another lioness, which leaves one Mantimahle daughter not yet having cubs, or losing hers.

Hopefully, this female is now denning somewhere.  If all is well, that's 6 offspring and maybe more soon!  The S. Avoca are such strong males, would be a shame if at least a few of their progeny don't survive.
3 users Like Cath2020's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Now this is interesting, two young males are in the western sector/ Ulusaba - Guessing its the Plains Camp boys and they fled all the way west after being chased by avocas?
seen on virgin livestream

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(05-17-2021, 08:31 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Now this is interesting, two young males are in the western sector/ Ulusaba - Guessing its the Plains Camp boys and they fled all the way west after being chased by avocas?
seen on virgin livestream

Yep, its Plains Camps.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Styx Lionesses- 17 May 2021

Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve. The bond between these females is amazing and with fresh suckle marks on both females, the teamwork and trust between them is incredible. 
Photo credit: Graeme Stewart

6 users Like lionuk's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(05-17-2021, 08:56 PM)lionuk Wrote: Styx Lionesses- 17 May 2021

Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve. The bond between these females is amazing and with fresh suckle marks on both females, the teamwork and trust between them is incredible. 

Mother and daughter
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-17-2021, 09:18 PM by lionuk )

(05-17-2021, 08:57 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

Mother and daughter

Do you know how old are they?
I understand the oldest one is over 13 years old and 4 months and the youngest is 4 years old and 4 months. The two others are 10 years old and 4 months and 4 years old and 5 months respectively.
1 user Likes lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Six torchwood girls on chitwa today 

3 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-17-2021, 09:13 PM)lionuk Wrote:

Mother and daughter

I understand the oldest one is over 13 years old and 4 months and the youngest is 4 years old and 4 months. The two others are 10 years old and 4 months and 4 years old and 5 months respectively.

Styx pride is made of 3 lionesses - one old sired yet by Rolercoaster male, one sired by Majingis around 10 year and one youn one sired by BIrminghams.
2 users Like Potato's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Its a pity those boys fled all the way west. They passed a golden opportunity on the way. 

I wonder how the Tumbellas will react to this though. I think this may be the first mayor incursion of their territory since they took over.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

the guide mentioned its an area the tumbelas don't really go to, so as long as they keep quiet they should be ok
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-17-2021, 09:35 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Its a pity those boys fled all the way west. They passed a golden opportunity on the way. 

I wonder how the Tumbellas will react to this though. I think this may be the first mayor incursion of their territory since they took over.

They might yet return to Singita after they won't here from there any terrytorial calls from other males.  Singita might became soon interesting ground soon with potentially few coalitions intrested in taking over this territory.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-17-2021, 11:29 PM by Tonpa )

Really nice shots of the Torchwood girls 
Photo by Ricci Goldstein & Zaheer Ali

3 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(05-17-2021, 09:34 PM)Potato Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 09:13 PM)lionuk Wrote:

Mother and daughter

Styx pride is made of 3 lionesses - one old sired yet by Rolercoaster male, one sired by Majingis around 10 year and one youn one sired by BIrminghams.

From what I know is that Styx pride is made of 4 lionesses...
I'm sure Mapogo took over Styx pride at one point, surely there was a Styx female or females sired by the Mapogo males?
1 user Likes lionuk's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(05-17-2021, 10:44 PM)lionuk Wrote: From what I know is that Styx pride is made of 4 lionesses...
I'm sure Mapogo took over Styx pride at one point, surely there was a Styx female or females sired by the Mapogo males?

Its 3 lionesses left.

No, all Mapogo offspring in Styx was killed in Majingilane takeover..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post