There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 11:24 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-14-2020, 11:11 PM)Potato Wrote: So I would have though if they would not roar. That thay do is showing that they have confidence to already fight for land. Other way they would just be quiet and enjoy northen Singita without bringing atention of nearby dominant males.

Not neccesarly, after 2 Bboys chase N'ws, after they run away, all 4 of them where roaring..

Plains Camp males also where seen few times roaring,and they too where beaten/chased by Bboys..

So that doesnt mean that they are ready to fight.. 

We dont understand every actions lions do..

Takeovers last for few months, this males are here just few days, so lets not overract that they are trying to takeover somebody..they might just move away from that area which young nomadic males do..

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(07-14-2020, 11:11 PM)Potato Wrote: "Nobody said that this males roared and scent mark on HB's territory lol.."

In theory yes, but obviously if they would try to take over they would not hold themselfs to such small arena as northen Singita, but would move further towards lands of Othawa male and/or Matimba male.

"Those 3 males at their age will most likely run when they see HB and any other dominant male"
"They would run at the sight a dominant male, they would be overwhelmed even though they can physically probably take HB on."

So I would have though if they would not roar. That thay do is showing that they have confidence to already fight for land. Other way they would just be quiet and enjoy northen Singita without bringing atention of nearby dominant males.

Roaring doesn't mean they are ready. Young males stupidly roaring is what gets them killed half the time, it could be just testing the waters or communicating with each other.
2 users Like sik94's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Mhangeni pride in western sector:

All 6 lionesses but no Othawa male, he might be busy with 3 unknown young males in Singita, as he was seen few days ago there with the pride. 

Also 1 of the females has suckle marks it looks like:

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

https://www.instagram.com/p/CConLg4ArLH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Birmingham males and the Ntsevu/Kambula pride in the Northern Sabi Sands
3 users Like Timbavati's post

United States Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Marlon du Toit: " From the earth we are made and to the earth we will return. Constructed from the same matter, we are forever linked to the animals that roam the planet alongside us. No matter who, no matter where, no matter when. It’s undeniable. There exists a deeper connection that binds us all together.

Look into these eyes. Tell me what you see?
Me? I don’t see anything. I FEEL. I look into those amber eyes and I am instantly connected to the majestic being. I can’t look away for his gaze is spellbinding. As if we’ve met before.
More now than ever, as our human planet is brought to its knees, we need look to the elephant bull, to the mighty jaguar and to the king of beasts. They’ve persevered alongside the biggest plague of all - us. So far, they’ve survived and I trust that they may inspire us to so the same.
Little deeper today, but hope that was for someone out there. "

3 users Like Spalea's post

United Kingdom Fatlum Offline

(07-13-2020, 08:49 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: One of the Talamati males, Sired by the Selati coalition.
Credit: Sabre Wildlife

It's a new photo or ?

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(07-15-2020, 03:18 AM)Fatlum Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 08:49 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: One of the Talamati males, Sired by the Selati coalition.
Credit: Sabre Wildlife

It's a new photo or ?

old picture bro, Taken 1/2 years ago.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-15-2020, 03:18 AM)Fatlum Wrote: It's a new photo or ?

This is him now from few months ago :

Good clue to see difference between 2 Talamati males are 2 dots over this males nose..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Kambula pride

3 users Like Potato's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

One of the Plains Camp young males at Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve.
Isn't this the limping one?

Credit: Andries Ndlovu

4 users Like Timbavati's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

(07-13-2020, 10:43 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Ginger and Hairy Belly over a year ago. Ginger is impressive in that photo.
1 user Likes Cunaguaro's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

The Sparta/Eyrefield female at MalaMala Game Reserve.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-16-2020, 09:16 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The Sparta/Eyrefield female at MalaMala Game Reserve.

Fine specimen this lioness, daughter of Rollercoaster males and sister of young Sparta males Cleo and Leo.

Its shame that Sparta pride came to this, but after Majingilanes abandon them, there just wasnt stability in the pride, as there wasnt strong coalition controling them, and future of the pride, Majingilanes daughter who died few months back was infertile, aswell as being pressured by bigger prides Mhangenis and Kambulas who took their original territory..

They are in the area very lion activity is not that high, so theres a good chance that this lioness raise her daughter, ofc if her age will let her..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Kambula pride in MalaMala :

They've been pretty active thru the night, they first chased 4 young lions (prob Plains Camp) to the south, and then have confrontation with Fourways Pride to the east, chasing them back into Kruger.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Othawa boys, by Savanna Game Reserve :

4 users Like Tr1x24's post