There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Mbiri males chased the Mbiri pride and Tintswalo males?

I don't think Tintswalo were ousted, it doesn't make sense for them to be. Maybe they're following some buffalo herd or something.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2023, 11:14 PM by BA0701 )

(10-07-2023, 10:54 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Mbiri males chased the Mbiri pride and Tintswalo males?

I don't think Tintswalo were ousted, it doesn't make sense for them to be. Maybe they're following some buffalo herd or something.

There wasn't any word that they actually chased the Tintswalos, as it was stated that Mandevu and Lambile were off on patrol when it happened, but they did chase the pride around. Not sure where Ncile was during the whole thing, he wasn't mentioned.

If you go back to post 2,701 on page 181, I posted a video of the information, and @criollo2mil stated that the incident happened around Sept 17. Oddly, in going back looking for that post, I noticed that Ncile has not been photographed or recorded on video with Mandevu and Lambile in quite some time, that one is the strangest to me. He hung near either the other males or the pride ever since his snare injury, and suddenly he is not seen for some time. The last mention of him he was recorded alone and in Kruger.
5 users Like BA0701's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 02:07 AM by Tonpa )

Nice reel

*This image is copyright of its original author

Not sure who this lioness is, but looks like someone in the Manyeleti has cubs.
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Oh damn, looks like the Nharu lioness the S8 Male mated with 4 months ago

4 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Looks like Mandevu and Ncila patrolling together.

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 11:09 AM by Tr1x24 )

(10-11-2023, 03:12 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Looks like Mandevu and Ncila patrolling together.

If the info is correct, this was on H7 1km west of S36/s39.

This is waaay out of their territory, ~ 15 km :

This is prob the reason why they are not seen in Manyeleti for weeks.

Idk what is happening, are they trying to expand? I dont think Mbiris ousted them.

They are both scent marking, looks like boys are expanding east into Kruger.

They need to be careful how much east they push, as there are 5/6 Mayambulas close.
9 users Like Tr1x24's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

A year ago he walked into a snare & got seriously injured. He has fought his way back into his pride and defeated all the odds. He really in an inspiration.
6 users Like Horizon's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 10:15 PM by Mapokser )

@Tr1x24 I don't think Mbiris ousted them either but this is very weird.

Why would they expand so far east and the Mbiri pride would also leave Manyeleti for a while when they know there are lone males like Kruger and RR males much closer? They have tried to oust RR already more than once, naturally they'd target him or Kruger male.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-11-2023, 10:12 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Why would they expand so far east and the Mbiri pride would also leave Manyeleti for a while when they know they are lone males like Kruger and RR males much closer? They have tried to oust RR already, naturally they'd target him or Kruger male.

Well no if east is empty:

I dont know any territorial males there, Skybed son and Kruger male are south around Talamati and Imbali Camps, north around Orpen are Mbiris, but in between should be empty area.

Further east on s36 are Mayambulas, so in theory they could expand in this area.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

If Mayambulas are further S36 then it won't be a problem for the Tintswalos, that's faraway.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Lambile and a Hyena clan

8 users Like Tonpa's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

I'm so glad that Nclie seems to be accepted. 
He spent too long fighting against adversity by being ostracized alone. 
Nclie was the most dominant lion before being injured by humans.
 I'm worried about Rambile's condition, but I hope the three brothers will have a strong brotherhood again and become great overlords.
3 users Like veritas's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Orpen son

6 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

About 5 members (I couldn’t get exact confirmation) of the Mbiri Pride have re-surfaced back in their territory after nearly 4 weeks of absence.    It’s unclear what is happening and if all 11 members and 3 Tintswalos will all reunite here soon.  This was near Khoka moya Dam

Credit: vestment

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 02:41 AM by BA0701 )

(10-15-2023, 01:05 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: About 5 members (I couldn’t get exact confirmation) of the Mbiri Pride have re-surfaced back in their territory after nearly 4 weeks of absence.    It’s unclear what is happening and if all 11 members and 3 Tintswalos will all reunite here soon.  This was near Khoka moya Dam

Credit:  vestment

This is good news, now let's hope they all return and reunite.

I have to believe that this situation, at least in some part, ties back to the Mbiri Boys incursion, the timing certainly seems to line up.
4 users Like BA0701's post