There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(01-10-2023, 06:07 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: “Ncila” 

I predict a huge year for Tintswalos.   I believe they will NEED this boy to be a big big part of their success 

I believe so too. Manyelity has many males ready for competition.
2 users Like afortich's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-10-2023, 11:13 PM)afortich Wrote: I believe so too. Manyelity has many males ready for competition.
Rather the opposite. Having 4 adult males on such a large arena as Manyeleti is very little. Standard for this arena hisotry wise is to have 3 different coalitions roaming around so much over 4 adult males.
1 user Likes Potato's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 12:47 AM by afortich )

(01-11-2023, 12:12 AM)Potato Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 11:13 PM)afortich Wrote: I believe so too. Manyelity has many males ready for competition.
Rather the opposite. Having 4 adult males on such a large arena as Manyeleti is very little. Standard for this arena hisotry wise is to have 3 different coalitions roaming around so much over 4 adult males.

Got it. So it would be good that Ncile be accepted in order to keep dominance of this sector.
1 user Likes afortich's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-11-2023, 12:12 AM)Potato Wrote: Rather the opposite. Having 4 adult males on such a large arena as Manyeleti is very little. Standard for this arena hisotry wise is to have 3 different coalitions roaming around so much over 4 adult males.

There was never much more males or many more coalition in Manyeleti. 

Before Tintswalos, we had 2 Orpen males for few years, paired at first with remaining Avoca/Giraffes and then with RRM, you could count DM Avoca in the south, but that was only part of his territory. 

Before them we had pretty much only 2 Thanda Impi males and 2 Selatis, occasionaly in later years Avoca/Giraffes started to be seen in the north. 

Before them where Matimbas. 

I think on average, 2 coalitions, with core territory in Manyeleti, is standard for this area, alongside some coalitions and males who can be seen on outskirs in the east, south and north.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(01-10-2023, 09:18 PM)Tonpa Wrote:

I do not see any suckle markings on this female.  Comments seem to intimate she’s looking for her cubs

what am I missing??
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(01-11-2023, 01:03 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:

I do not see any suckle markings on this female.  Comments seem to intimate she’s looking for her cubs

what am I missing??

Who knows ey lol, it's not Kuponas mother either like mentioned.  I wonder if Kuponas mother is denning with cubs in this same area and they just confused the two
3 users Like Tonpa's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

what am I missing??

According to the guide's comments, they believe this to be Kupona's mother, and that she is apparently denning right near where this video was shot, I took the guide's comments to imply that they have been watching her at her den site, he seems to know exactly where it is, but the mother appears to be having a hard time relocating it, possibly due to some recent rain, according to the guide.
3 users Like BA0701's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(01-11-2023, 01:09 AM)Tonpa Wrote:

what am I missing??

Who knows ey lol, it's not Kuponas mother either like mentioned.  I wonder if Kuponas mother is denning with cubs in this same area and they just confused the two

He definitely implied that they have been watching the den site, at least that is how I took it, seems to know exactly where it is. He also implied she may have lost her cubs, either they have died or she may believe they died due to being unable to locate them after a rain, so I have no idea what is going on. Hopefully she gets it sorted.
3 users Like BA0701's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 01-12-2023, 11:37 AM by DARK MANE )

Mbiri pride
8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Imbalis

8 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Is red road male is losing his territorial hold. He spends most of the time on his own.

5 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(01-14-2023, 10:04 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Is red road male is losing his territorial hold. He spends most of the time on his own.

I think its still a bit early to say so. No other coalition has been seen with his pride, and his territory remains stable. He is probably spending time on his own to patrol mark his territory, as he is a lone male so he needs to do all by himself
5 users Like Mdz123's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(01-14-2023, 10:04 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Is red road male is losing his territorial hold. He spends most of the time on his own.

Alone?   Not really.   He’s been seen mating several times over last two months.   Do NOT pay too much attention to these video titles.   They’re click bait.   If you watch, they hardly ever match the narrative within the footage.
12 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Nwaswitsontso/S125 Male on the S36

9 users Like Tonpa's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-19-2023, 10:00 PM by criollo2mil )

4th Snared member of the Nharus/Mbiri in two years. (Lambile, Ncila, Red Road and now this lioness)

This girl looks like she has suckle markings?

I’ve always thought the 4th Tintswalo met his fate this way.   Thsts always been my suspicion

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post