There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(03-14-2022, 01:43 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Looks like the mohawk Nwaswitsontso male? 

No, it's one of the Mluwati males, near Hamiltons tented camp
4 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(03-14-2022, 04:15 AM)lionuk Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 01:43 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Looks like the mohawk Nwaswitsontso male? 

No, it's one of the Mluwati males, near Hamiltons tented camp

Yeah I saw the authors comments, do you have any photos to compare?
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Now another three new cubs introduced to Talamati breakaway pride 

7 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(03-14-2022, 04:21 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Yeah I saw the authors comments, do you have any photos to compare?
How about these?

December 2021

*This image is copyright of its original author

October 2020

August 2021

5 users Like lionuk's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(03-14-2022, 02:20 PM)lionuk Wrote: Now another three new cubs introduced to Talamati breakaway pride 

So basically imbali males have 2 prides under his belt. 
1.imbali pride, 21 members pride
2.Talamati breakaway pride, 3 lioness 5 cubs. 

Any subadult males in imbali pride leaving his natal pride / how many subadults males in imbali pride? 
Doesn't he ( imbali male) is facing any challenge from the nearby coalition? I mean for the first time i am hearing a line lion is governing two prides. 
RRM, I understand, but what bout other coalitions? Why don't they challenge him?
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(03-14-2022, 04:01 PM)lionuk Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 04:21 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Yeah I saw the authors comments, do you have any photos to compare?
How about these?

December 2021

October 2020

August 2021

Now I'm confused, where the Mluwati males not expelled from the Mluwati concession by the nwaswitsontso males? They're still there in December 2021?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-14-2022, 05:22 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Now I'm confused, where the Mluwati males not expelled from the Mluwati concession by the nwaswitsontso males? They're still there in December 2021

No, rangers from Mluwati Concession still think that 2 N’waswitsontso males are 2 Mluwati males.. 

And N'waswitsotso males didn't oust Mluwati males. Mluwati males abandon that area in 2019, Imbali male and Hamiltons male fill the void, N'waswitsotso males ousted Hamiltons male.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(03-14-2022, 04:08 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Some young males on a buffalo, possibly the young imbali males

who there fathers again ?
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(03-15-2022, 12:03 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote: who there fathers again ?
S8/Imbali male

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Mbiri lioness with her two cubs. Gonna get pretty confusing with the Talamatis and Mbiris both have a litter of two around the same ago
Photo by Ndloti Lowveld

7 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(03-15-2022, 12:11 AM)lionuk Wrote:
S8/Imbali male

Are you sure? 
I mean, few weeks ( months) ago I have learned that S8 imbali is 7-8 yrs old and in his prime. 
Also these young imbalis seems to be pretty big ( they are much bigger than kambula subs and almost the similar size of PC males when they were first seen in sabi sands in may 2021).So they are around 4.5 yrs old. 
How can a lion aged 7-8 yrs be a father of 4.5 yrs old young males???

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-15-2022, 07:02 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 12:11 AM)lionuk Wrote:
S8/Imbali male

Are you sure? 
I mean, few weeks ( months) ago I have learned that S8 imbali is 7-8 yrs old and in his prime. 
Also these young imbalis seems to be pretty big ( they are much bigger than kambula subs and almost the similar size of PC males when they were first seen in sabi sands in may 2021).So they are around 4.5 yrs old. 
How can a lion aged 7-8 yrs be a father of 4.5 yrs old young males???

I believe the Imbali YMs are sons of the Mluwati Duo of Madala and Blondie.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 10:55 AM by Tr1x24 )

(03-15-2022, 08:30 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: I believe the Imbali YMs are sons of the Mluwati Duo of Madala and Blondie.

Not this ones. 

This ones sired by Imbali male are 2-2.5 yrs old,
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Imbali male seen recently in south Manyeleti
Credit: The African Safari Travel 

7 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Manyeleti male