There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

lionuk Offline
Contributor

@Tonpa That's really impressive work that you've done on the map. To be honest, I find it particularity helpful as I'm learning more about lions in Manyeleti. Thank you, Tonpa.
2 users Like lionuk's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

The larger of the two Mbiri males, these males use to reign over large parts of the Timbavati game reserve, but have recently shifted their territory more towards Kruger. He is estimated at around 7 years of age, putting him in the prime of his life!

Caption and photo credits: @nightjar_training
5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Scar of the Mbiri Boys on the move; the males continue to expand their territory in kruger.

Posted: 21 May 2021
Image By: @nightjay_training

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Photos of @EverseenSA on their instagram story of Tintswalo males :

(Mchile)

*This image is copyright of its original author

(Mandevu)

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 11:34 PM by Tonpa )

Nine Nharu cubs still going strong 
Six females three males

5 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(05-24-2021, 11:33 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Nine Nharu cubs still going strong 
Six females three males

I really admire this male, he is doing a fantastic job as a lone male. Unlike Othawa male, he keeps his pride safe and enable his cubs to grow safely by being there for them, not wandering around.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Don't jynx it, he'll show up on WildEarth next week lol
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-24-2021, 11:46 PM)lionuk Wrote: I really admire this male, he is doing a fantastic job as a lone male. Unlike Othawa male, he keeps his pride safe and enable his cubs to grow safely by being there for them, not wandering around.

Well, RRM is prob not confident as OM and he is very aware of potential danger, because he had very rough life, he is on the run with his 2 mothers and 2 sisters since he was not even 2 yrs old, and later on in nomadic phase he was getting chased on almost daily basis by Avoca/Giraffes and Orpen males, he even lost his partner from the hands of other males , all those things which OM didn't experience.. 

He is very aware that he as a lone male cant win any fights where he is outnumbered , so he never tried to face his enemies Orpen males, he numerous times just run away, even in the most recent encounter before demise of Orpens, he just run away, he didn't try to protect his pride and cubs, because he knows that he cant win 2vs1.. 

Because of that RRM and OM are very different and uncomparable caracters, RRM is survivor,and even as lone male, he will prob not get killed and will live long life, while OM only knows one thing, to be "the king" no matter what.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(05-25-2021, 12:40 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 11:46 PM)lionuk Wrote: I really admire this male, he is doing a fantastic job as a lone male. Unlike Othawa male, he keeps his pride safe and enable his cubs to grow safely by being there for them, not wandering around.

Well, RRM is prob not confident as OM and he is very aware of potential danger, because he had very rough life, he is on the run with his 2 mothers and 2 sisters since he was not even 2 yrs old, and later on in nomadic phase he was getting chased on almost daily basis by Avoca/Giraffes and Orpen males, he even lost his partner from the hands of other males , all those things which OM didn't experience.. 

He is very aware that he as a lone male cant win any fights where he is outnumbered , so he never tried to face his enemies Orpen males, he numerous times just run away, even in the most recent encounter before demise of Orpens, he just run away, he didn't try to protect his pride and cubs, because he knows that he cant win 2vs1.. 

Because of that RRM and OM are very different and uncomparable caracters, RRM is survivor,and even as lone male, he will prob not get killed and will live long life, while OM only knows one thing, to be "the king" no matter what.
Thanks for the information. I apologise for sounding like I was comparing those males when in fact they had a different background. I wouldn't do it again.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-25-2021, 01:12 AM)lionuk Wrote: Thanks for the information. I apologise for sounding like I was comparing those males when in fact they had a different background. I wouldn't do it again.

No its ok, im just saying that lion character is build on to some degree with experience from their youth, and this 2 as lone males have very different past.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Its always good to see a male lion loyal to his pride. 
But yeah, this just shows how important those years of misery are for a lion and how harsh life can be.
There are no freebies and sadly its unlikely both lions will make much impact in the larger plan of life.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

RookiePundit Offline

I realized with info from that video, tha Nharu pride now has the same composition as the neighbouring Talamati pride. Except differences in age of individuals and Red Road sticking to the pride much more than Dark Mane to his.
6 users Like RookiePundit's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Any ideas? 

3 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

1 of 3 Tintswalo MALE LIONS making his presence known in the Manyeleti area close to the koppies.

4 users Like Potato's post

Anna Nagel first posted at the end of April a perfectly square on version of this photo. Today she posted this version - YBM with his head slightly turned facing left.

IC: Anna C Nagel.