There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(12-26-2020, 12:22 PM)swtlei4u Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 07:51 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: A good old photo of 1/2 Orpen males (Junior of the Nkuhuma pride) at Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps - Khoka Moya & Mantobeni in Manyeleti
Image credit: Anton Van Loggerenberg

*This image is copyright of its original author
i dont understand why the vets didnt intervened with the snake bite since they euthanized if their in pain to stop the suffering! its the same thing!! for instance the vets intervened when they had a rabies scare!!!

When the things happens of Natural ways, nature must take its course

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-13-2021, 06:17 PM by Tr1x24 )

It seems that young male from Birmingham breakeaway (oldest of the 7,sired by Avoca/Giraffes) is trying to join Tintswalo males :

For now Tintswalo males didn't attack him, but this can be very dangerous for the lone male..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-13-2021, 06:14 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: It seems that young male from Birmingham breakeaway (oldest of the 7,sired by Avoca/Giraffes) is trying to join Tintswalo males :

For now Tintswalo males didn't attack him, but this can be very dangerous for the lone male..
For me it look much more that young Birmingham breakaway male is just moving around checking what is near his natal arena than trying to join Tintswalo males. I bet he will return to his natal pride shortly. Worth mentioning is that one of the Tinstwalo males was roaring firmily claiming the land of now demise Orpen males. I wonder how long they will stay in that arena before trying to claim some near by pride. It would be unusual for that males in Kruger to mate with females of their natal pride and I do not think Tintswalo males will mate with Mbiri females as well.
3 users Like Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-13-2021, 11:11 PM by Tr1x24 )

(01-13-2021, 07:30 PM)Potato Wrote: For me it look much more that young Birmingham breakaway male is just moving around checking what is near his natal arena than trying to join Tintswalo males. I bet he will return to his natal pride shortly. Worth mentioning is that one of the Tinstwalo males was roaring firmily claiming the land of now demise Orpen males. I wonder how long they will stay in that arena before trying to claim some near by pride. It would be unusual for that males in Kruger to mate with females of their natal pride and I do not think Tintswalo males will mate with Mbiri females as well.

Well, he didnt run from them and was acting submissive, but maybe he just tried to get some free meal..

Yea i think Tintswalo males will move soon. . they dont need to hurry tho, because theres no dominant males in that area, so they are still "buying time" to grow and gain confidence..

Tintswalo males did scan near by area few months ago, they have been east in Kruger, south Manyeleti/north Sabi Sands, north around Orpens Gate and Ngala.. So they pretty much know every coalition near them.. 

They heavy outnumber every coalition in those areas, so if they decide to attack specific area, i think they will claim it without too much trouble (maybe Mbiris and Ross males would be a tougher to beat, but RRM, DM Avoca, Imbali and Hamiltons males cant do very much other then run away)..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Gijima Offline

Tintswalo males could also go north too...There’s not a lot of big coalitions there, although there seems to be a lot of young males. How many young coalitions (or potential) in the Timbavati right now? 5 Vuyela Males, 6 Black Dam Males, 7 Birmingham Breakaway Males.... probably many more that I’m missing.
3 users Like Gijima's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 04:04 AM by Tr1x24 )

Latest comment from Tintswalo says that its young male from pride with 2 white lions.. So that means thats injured BYM (Osindile) and not a male from Birmingham breakeaway, althrough they are prob not sure themselves :

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-14-2021, 03:37 AM)Gijima Wrote: Tintswalo males could also go north too...There’s not a lot of big coalitions there, although there seems to be a lot of young males. How many young coalitions (or potential) in the Timbavati right now? 5 Vuyela Males, 6 Black Dam Males, 7 Birmingham Breakaway Males.... probably many more that I’m missing.

Yes, they definitelly also go north and challange Ross males for Ngala region. What it comes to potential competition with other young males from Timbavati then: we have Vuelas which are way too far away to compete with Tintswalo males and we have young Black Dams and Birminghams which are much younger than Tintswalo males and shouldn't be true threat to Tintswalo males.
1 user Likes Potato's post

239Pu Offline

(01-13-2021, 06:14 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: It seems that young male from Birmingham breakeaway (oldest of the 7,sired by Avoca/Giraffes) is trying to join Tintswalo males :

this is the second video I saw with the Birmingham near the Tintswalos , doesn't this mean a conflict between the Tintswalo and Ross males is imminent ?

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-15-2021, 01:24 AM)239Pu Wrote: this is the second video I saw with the Birmingham near the Tintswalos , doesn't this mean a conflict between the Tintswalo and Ross males is imminent ?

No, Birmingham young male both times ventured into their area in Manyeleti..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 03:39 PM by Potato )

Will Red Road Male Hold His Territory?

7 users Like Potato's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

(01-20-2021, 03:38 PM)Potato Wrote: Will Red Road Male Hold His Territory?

Ohh, sounds like a certain future clash with the changing seasons.  RR will either put up a fight 4 vs. 1 or abandon the pride.   And look, he is already VERY alert.  

Now down to probably 9 cubs and maybe a lioness.  Things should heat up real fast, unfortunately for the pride, cubs, and this single male.
2 users Like Cath2020's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-20-2021, 04:00 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Ohh, sounds like a certain future clash with the changing seasons.  RR will either put up a fight 4 vs. 1 or abandon the pride.   And look, he is already VERY alert.  

Its only a speculation for now.. We seen few examples in this area, where big coalitions of males just pass thru some males territory and didnt oust them even if they could beat them/him easly.. 

Bboys and Selati males, N. Avocas and Scorro, both of them had clashes with each others, but young males moved on and didnt take their prides..

So its not a guarantee that Tintswalo males would target RRM, but it could happen..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

any update on buddy ?

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-23-2021, 01:49 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote: any update on buddy ?

No, he is most likely dead by now, he was last seen with Junior chasing RRM from a kill and that was even before Junior's demise .. His life was depended on Junior.. 

Sad end to the Orpen males..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(01-23-2021, 01:58 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 01:49 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote: any update on buddy ?

No, he is most likely dead by now, he was last seen with Junior chasing RRM from a kill and that was even before Junior's demise .. His life was depended on Junior.. 

Sad end to the Orpen males..

wow sad bro thanks