There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-21-2020, 01:12 AM)Potato Wrote: Buddy acctually was the first one seen with Mbiri female. It was two or so episodes in Tintswalo videos.

Really? Miss that..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

New Zealand Selati Offline

Shame about Buddy. Hope he's able to stick around for a bit longer. Very bad time for the TB to start affecting him so badly that he's losing condition. Hope the young Koppies cubs and any cubs that are born in the Mbiri pride will survive.
1 user Likes Selati's post

Rabubi Offline

The Nharu pride is flourishing right now.
6 users Like Rabubi's post

(08-22-2020, 02:48 AM)Rabubi Wrote:

The Nharu pride is flourishing right now.
They look great. Red Road Male is doing well for himself having fathered 14 cubs.
3 users Like Selati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-22-2020, 06:53 AM)Selati Wrote: They look great. Red Road Male is doing well for himself having fathered 14 cubs.

Its a hard road ahead for him to raise this cubs to adulthood as a lone male, but i think he can do it, he is a tough lion.. 

It certaintly helps that around him are too pretty much lone males,Orpen males with only Junior healthy north, DM Avoca south, and Imbali male east.. So he doesnt have to worry about his neighbors to overthrone him with superior numbers.. 

Only threat is coming from nomadic males to vander into his territory, but they would need to pass first thru this other males territories, so i think RRM is in pretty good situation to be as a lone male..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

(08-22-2020, 02:51 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 06:53 AM)Selati Wrote: They look great. Red Road Male is doing well for himself having fathered 14 cubs.

Its a hard road ahead for him to raise this cubs to adulthood as a lone male, but i think he can do it, he is a tough lion.. 

It certaintly helps that around him are too pretty much lone males,Orpen males with only Junior healthy north, DM Avoca south, and Imbali male east.. So he doesnt have to worry about his neighbors to overthrone him with superior numbers.. 

Only threat is coming from nomadic males to vander into his territory, but they would need to pass first thru this other males territories, so i think RRM is in pretty good situation to be as a lone male..
Yeah for sure. Hope they all make it.
1 user Likes Selati's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(08-20-2020, 11:18 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 11:14 PM)BA0701 Wrote: More of a reference to the fact that just a week or so ago they took over the Mbiris, and now this. That take over didn't involve any fighting, and with this being the case that is probably a good thing. I really had no idea it was this bad. With so many other limping lions being spoken about recently, like the young Birmingham male, makes me wonder how many of those are related to this terrible disease.

Yea but only Junior was seen with Mbiris, not Buddy.. 

Young Birmingham male get injury from a fight, there was visible bite marks, so his injury is not related to TB..
@Tr1x24 my friend, do we know much about the exact time of this injury on the young Birmingham male, and by whom it may have been caused? I ask because I have only found videos showing him already injured, and stating he has been with this limp for some time already. Looking back through the Painted Wolf YT channel, as they seem to feature him in their videos more than anyone else I have come across, all I find is videos after the injury. Do we know an approximate age on him, maybe who his actual parents are? The Ross males seem to be tolerating him far more than I would expect, especially since he is not one of theirs. He has a huge frame, and were it not for the injury, and given a chance to properly develop, I think he'd likely be massive. 

He is really fortunate, however, that he is being tolerated so well, because were it not for the pride, and thanks to that injury, I believe his odds of flourishing would be greatly diminished, resilient though he may be. 

Anything you can provide would be greatly appreciated, as always my friend, thank you!

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(08-23-2020, 11:14 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 11:18 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 11:14 PM)BA0701 Wrote: More of a reference to the fact that just a week or so ago they took over the Mbiris, and now this. That take over didn't involve any fighting, and with this being the case that is probably a good thing. I really had no idea it was this bad. With so many other limping lions being spoken about recently, like the young Birmingham male, makes me wonder how many of those are related to this terrible disease.

Yea but only Junior was seen with Mbiris, not Buddy.. 

Young Birmingham male get injury from a fight, there was visible bite marks, so his injury is not related to TB..
@Tr1x24 my friend, do we know much about the exact time of this injury on the young Birmingham male, and by whom it may have been caused? I ask because I have only found videos showing him already injured, and stating he has been with this limp for some time already. Looking back through the Painted Wolf YT channel, as they seem to feature him in their videos more than anyone else I have come across, all I find is videos after the injury. Do we know an approximate age on him, maybe who his actual parents are? The Ross males seem to be tolerating him far more than I would expect, especially since he is not one of theirs. He has a huge frame, and were it not for the injury, and given a chance to properly develop, I think he'd likely be massive. 

He is really fortunate, however, that he is being tolerated so well, because were it not for the pride, and thanks to that injury, I believe his odds of flourishing would be greatly diminished, resilient though he may be. 

Anything you can provide would be greatly appreciated, as always my friend, thank you!

I think about 4 months ago, they just found him like that one day and the guides suspected it was probably one of the ross males that bit him through his leg. The ross males had tried to kick him out multiple times and gave him a few pretty bad beatings but he kept coming back.
2 users Like sik94's post

Super Moderator

(08-23-2020, 11:20 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 11:18 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Yea but only Junior was seen with Mbiris, not Buddy.. 

I think about 4 months ago, they just found him like that one day and the guides suspected it was probably one of the ross males that bit him through his leg. The ross males had tried to kick him out multiple times and gave him a few pretty bad beatings but he kept coming back.
Wow, thank you for that @sik94 , that explains a lot. He sure has gone through it, then, in order to remain with his pride. Persistent, I'll give him that, I only hope it doesn't lead to a really severe injury, or worse, at the claws of the Ross males. But, as it stands now, I don't think he could survive the nomadic life, in his current state. Thank you for explaining that to me my friend!!

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(08-23-2020, 11:38 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 11:20 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 11:18 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Yea but only Junior was seen with Mbiris, not Buddy.. 

Wow, thank you for that @sik94 , that explains a lot. He sure has gone through it, then, in order to remain with his pride. Persistent, I'll give him that, I only hope it doesn't lead to a really severe injury, or worse, at the claws of the Ross males. But, as it stands now, I don't think he could survive the nomadic life, in his current state. Thank you for explaining that to me my friend!!

He can't survive by himself for long as a nomad. His only chance is to join up with the 3 young males in the pride and leave with them in a year or so, the ross males seem to understand he isn't a threat and don't want to get injured trying to kill him cuz he won't go down easy. If he can hang around the pride till the 3 subadults reach the nomadic stage, he might just be alright.
1 user Likes sik94's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-23-2020, 01:03 PM)sik94 Wrote: He can't survive by himself for long as a nomad. His only chance is to join up with the 3 young males in the pride and leave with them in a year or so, the ross males seem to understand he isn't a threat and don't want to get injured trying to kill him cuz he won't go down easy. If he can hang around the pride till the 3 subadults reach the nomadic stage, he might just be alright.

Idk if that can happen, age gap between him and younger males is around 2 yrs or so, those younger males will be atleast 1 more year in the pride, by that time his urge for mating will kick in and will try to mate with the females (i've seen him already try to hop on 1 of the females) and Ross males wont tolerate that..

I think he can survive on his own, its not going to be easy but i think he can, his limp is getting better, and i've seen him run around 1 month ago or so.. He can scavenge around and prob catch some less mobile pray by himself..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Limper KNP was doing fine with similar injury so I would not take chances from him completly althrough nomadic life with such injury would be very difficult. Also a lot depends where he decide to start his nomadic life. At the moment competition in Timbavati is hard and lone nomadic male with injured male might very well fall victim to dominant males in opposite to Manyeleti were he would have greater chances to survive.
3 users Like Potato's post

BigLion39 Offline

Sad news I just read on the Timbavadi FB page. BDM died? Is this true? Very sad if so.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Super Moderator

(08-25-2020, 01:43 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Sad news I just read on the Timbavadi FB page. BDM died? Is this true? Very sad if so.

Appears to be true, @"TinoArmando" posted the news over in the Lions of Timbavati thread
3 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

6 users Like Tr1x24's post