There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Lion Predation

Canada Acinonyx sp. Offline
Cheetah Enthusiast

Lion subduing buffalo

*This image is copyright of its original author
1 user Likes Acinonyx sp.'s post

bigcatpower Offline

Hello everybody, this is my very first post on this forum! I've been a lurker on this site for a couple of years. I'm a huge fan of wildlife (particularly african wildlife with Lions being easily my favorite animals.) In this clip a lioness takes down a young wildebeest. Odd thing, is she doesn't bother to start eating it and simply leaves it on the ground where the trailing male lion takes it for himself with no fuss.
5 users Like bigcatpower's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

5 users Like Rage2277's post

Mexico Psps77 Offline
Music 

Hi! This is my first post. A couple of months ago I saw several pictures of a male lion taking down a giraffe, and after several months someone finally uploaded a video of the event. 

Descripción

Unlucky Giraffe Killed by Lions | Kenya Jonathan Odongo 371 vistas 24 mar. 2021

'I've been in the wild long enough but this will go down in history as the first time I witnessed a successful hunting mission from the beginning to the emotional end of the road for the giraffe. The poor giraffe slid and fell when a pair of lions that was lying under a lone yellow barked acacia in a vast lush savannah- adjacent to an equally expansive swamp-begun a more or less lazy chase. The gigantic fellows took advantage and pounced. The elegant giant must have been tired because he never put up a fight, save for a listless attempt to arise and shake off the lion that had already dug his paws and canines into his skin. We couldn't do much except click away the moments. Enjoy this video of the entire show that happened at Iewa Wildlife Conservancy. Pardon my shaky hands during the action.

When we were young, my siblings and I, while watching nature documentaries, would be angry at the documentarists for not coming to the rescue of the poor victims of the big cats. It was my turn to let nature take its course. Don't forget to send your condolences to the family of the giraffe that watched the last moments of their loved one wondering how flimsy life can be."
10 users Like Psps77's post

Poland szymszaszka Offline
New Join

My favorite lions facts

Lions like to be outdoors.
Right after the tiger, lions are the largest living cat. ...
The roar of a lion under favorable conditions is audible even from a distance of 8 km.
Male lions in the wild live from 10 to 14 years.
Lionesses take care of hunting.
2 users Like szymszaszka's post

lionjaguar Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 06:23 AM by lionjaguar )

I have never seen a lion eating a python. It looks like a small python, but it says that the lion name Dezi is eating a big African rock python on 4th March 2021 in Marloth Park.
Anybody can share the fight video or picture between lion vs African rock python?

AN AMAZING SIGHTING IN LIONSPRUIT! - By Joce Gordon

On the morning of March 4 2021, Fluffy led Dezi through a very grassy area near Impala dam.  Suddenly he fixated on the ground and then leapt backwards and repeated this action a few times.  Dezi was fascinated and came to investigate but swiftly retreated and lay down in the thick grass, watching.  Fluffy advanced again and again and repeatedly leapt backwards.  Then he suddenly leaped forwards and grabbed a large python in his mouth. Fluffy gave several good bites at his prey and succeeded in biting the snake in half.  He then lay in the grass and ate the tail portion of the snake and finally got up and ate the front portion, only leaving the head.  Then, this very satisfied, large lion, marked his territory and walked on through the bush followed by Dezi who obviously had no taste for snake!
Photos Credits:  Joce Gordon and Lisa English

https://www.facebook.com/marlothparkhonoraryrangers/posts/3801452909935643

7 users Like lionjaguar's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

2 users Like Pckts's post

Mwarcaar Offline

One of best chase i have seen // serengeti 
start : 2.10 mn

6 users Like Mwarcaar's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-08-2021, 04:22 PM)Mwarcaar Wrote: One of best chase i have seen // serengeti 
start : 2.10 mn

Absolutely incredible, they all knew exactly what to do once she began her stalk. Teamwork at it's finest right there.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Mwarcaar Offline

At 15 mn, 2 adult females with 2 young males chase and bring to the ground an adult female giraffe

5 users Like Mwarcaar's post

Mwarcaar Offline

Lion pride makes 4 wildebeest kills in tall grass

4 users Like Mwarcaar's post

BorneanTiger Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-30-2021, 06:52 PM by BorneanTiger )

Kruger king takes down a Cape buffalo for his family:

6 users Like BorneanTiger's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

7 users Like Pckts's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Lone male lion with cape buffalo bull kill. Very impressive 

Do not underestimate the power of simba.

Earlier today morning on our safari,a fierce lone male lion had a 5 star breakfast when he took down a Buffalo near our Camps entrance at the conservancy. #entumotosafaricamp #luxurysafarikenya #maasaimara #kenya #africatravel #magicalkenya #keniasafari #marasianaconservancy #

https://www.facebook.com/174666529238909/posts/4166019443436911/?d=n
11 users Like Pantherinae's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

Interesting video to listen about some lions killing and eating crocodiles and something about possible reasons. Worth to watch and listen, not too long after all.

8 users Like Shadow's post