There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only)

United States Garfield Offline
Banned

(12-18-2017, 09:51 PM)Rishi Wrote: T-2 of Kanha aka Karaighati male. Misidentified in the video...

He's really put on an impressive winter weight. Night temperature there should be as low as 5°C now.

Hey man what up, by winter weight you mean like fat storage or somethin?  That interesting cuz I was thinking the Siberians mainly did that, didn't know the Bengals did too. Not sure, this isn't a knock on the tiger but I thought the tiger had the higher fat storage in the body than lions.
1 user Likes Garfield's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

PannaLal the huge male of Bandhavgarh.
10 users Like Roflcopters's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

Unknown location,

3 users Like parvez's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 11:31 PM by Pckts )

Nilesh Patel‎ 
MATKASUR 
TADOBA 
16-01-2018

3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Parshuram Pandey Bandhavgarh
15/01/2018

Morning safari 

Bamera sun male tiger 
bandhavgarh

Indonesia phatio Offline
Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 09:42 PM by phatio )

Matkasur from Tadoba. compare him to vehicle when he raises his head and then sit down

8 users Like phatio's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 11:42 PM by Pckts )

Durgesh Daheriya
Small Documentary Made by me at Kanha Kisli National Park

He's a big beautiful Tiger, that's for sure.

Kamp Kamouflage Kanha Homestay

It was a HOT afternoon in Kanha. At the very start of the evening safari we came up to a bunch of vehicles parked near the Kisli Talao. A Sambar deer was on alert mode and sounded off a couple of alarm calls. The deer then settled down under a nearby tree to rest in the sapping afternoon heat. 

All eyes were trained to the area the deer had been watching when alert. The guys with the huge lens and others with binoculars and of course the guides with their SHARP eyes spotted the Tiger under some rocks in the bush. 

The waiting game began. The vehicles were jostling around for the best positions and a large gap was maintained for the Tiger to cross the road and head to the water hole whenever he was ready.

It was a loooong hottttt wait.

The CAT emerged !!!!

He watched the Sambar deer seated close by for a few seconds and then started off towards the Talao. Of course he did not take the "gap" provided !!! but headed toward our bunch of vehicles. 

Quickly a new gap was created and he walked through .... watch the part after the reshuffle of the jeeps for a perfect "Hero Entry" !!!

The Dhamangaon Male ...... what a champ he is.

I think he's one of the smaller males in Kanha, at least from the few videos I've seen of the guy, this one doesn't do him justice though since it's during the summer heat. @Rishi  and I had a small discussion on him a while back.
4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2018, 10:37 PM by Pckts )

Sumit Mishra
T-2 from Kanha

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

@Pckts 

Isnt Dhamangaon male like 4 years old? he still has plenty of room to grow, after all. he's T2's son and Kariya Ghati is an enormous male himself. tfs!
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(01-30-2018, 05:01 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: @Pckts 

Isnt Dhamangaon male like 4 years old? he still has plenty of room to grow, after all. he's T2's son and Kariya Ghati is an enormous male himself. tfs!

Yes, I don't think he's fully mature but I'm not positive, he just doesn't strike me as a large framed Tiger.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

you could be right, here he is next to Budbudi last year.

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

Manas tiger,

2 users Like parvez's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 08:03 PM by Rishi )

Dholes trying to irrimate tiger near hoshingabad, madhya pradesh

3 users Like parvez's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 08:26 PM by Roflcopters )

this is an old video of P211 male tiger (originally a Panna tiger), basically the media just made up a bunch of bs story. this male tiger was in the area where the dholes had their pups hidden nearby and this was their attempt to somewhat stand up to the tiger in an effort to drive him off.

to read more about him.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/bhopal/M...437608.cms
4 users Like Roflcopters's post

SuSpicious Offline

(02-07-2018, 08:19 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: this is an old video of P211 male tiger, basically the media just made up a bunch of bs story. this male tiger was in the area where the dholes had their pups hidden nearby and this was their attempt to somewhat stand up to the tiger in an effort to drive him off.

This reminds of Machlis attack on Nickear when he first came on to the scene in ranthambore. Yes she was a huge, brave and ferocious queen but I think most of her rage came from the fact that she was defending her cubs. Parents when defending their kids are most dangerous whether be it humans, dhole or pretty much anyone else. Heard good stories of bear mothers doing the same to tigers over their young ones too.

Another story from early 2000s from Corbett which my dad narrated to me. A mother panther defended both herself and her cub infront of a big male tiger. She later on died due to her injuries but her male cub survived without a scratch. This she managed also injuring the male tiger to some extent. I saw her in the Corbett gate mueseum when I was a kid.
3 users Like SuSpicious's post