There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only)

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Bajrang of Tadoba 
2 users Like Pckts's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 11:29 PM by Ashutosh )

Dudhwa males:

2 users Like Ashutosh's post

animal enthusiast

1 user Likes Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

animal enthusiast

Romania GreenForest Offline

3 users Like GreenForest's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

The Bulky Balaghat Male 

Neela Nala

Here's what he said about the two-

sarai_kothi
"I think they must be pretty close in size and weight to each other…"

My guess would be that Balaghat would be heavier if both are the same dimensions.
2 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

no way balaghat is close to neela nala guy has tigress sized pug marks and below average frame..though i agree he would be heavier if they were equal in size he's more heavily built just rather small for a male @Pckts

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-07-2022, 02:19 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: no way balaghat is close to neela nala guy has tigress sized pug marks and below average frame..though i agree he would be heavier if they were equal in size he's more heavily built just rather small for a male @Pckts

I'm not sure who said he had "tigress sized pugmarks" but that's obviously not the case.
You can clearly see he's a big male here as well

In regards to him and Neela Nala, all we can do is go off what they said.
Both videos are filmed by the same page but it is a lodge so they could be taken from different people.

animal enthusiast

guides have mentioned that about him before can't remember who but i wasn't surprised he never looked huge to me he barely looked any bigger than his female if at all in that one vid @Pckts

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-07-2022, 03:35 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: guides have mentioned that about him before can't remember who but i wasn't surprised he never looked huge to me he barely looked any bigger than his female if at all in that one vid @Pckts

You're talking about this?

"Toftigers India & Nepal

"Balaghat male from Khapa Zone (buffer area on Mukki side of the park). Clicked on Nov 20, 2018.
The male is not from Kanha, and had migrated from the southern side of the park (where the town of Balaghat lies, and hence the name Balaghat male). A handsome-looking mane, which male tigers from Kanha generally lack, probably attests to this fact. Although bulky, this guy is quite short in height and has a smallish-looking pugmark. Khapa female (T-72) has been comfortably roaming around with her cubs in the same range as his, which probably means that he has mated with her."
Pranad Patil

if so, that was 4 years ago and no mention of him being "female sized."

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Balaghat appears massive from what i see, reminds me a bit of Narasimha male of Tadoba buffers.

Bigcat Enthusiast

1 user Likes Pckts's post

animal enthusiast