There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only)

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-30-2022, 03:06 AM)Rage2277 Wrote:

Looks like he got his mothers thinner frame.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

yea, he's bigger than his paps but not heavily built @Pckts

LandSeaLion Offline
Banned

(03-30-2022, 03:06 AM)Rage2277 Wrote:

Amazing sighting - he seems rather unphased by the tourists. Man, it would be incredible to be able to see tigers that close in their natural home.
1 user Likes LandSeaLion's post

animal enthusiast

better quality version the males are boindabra and junior bajrang
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 11:29 PM by Ashutosh )

About to turn 21 months old - Dharam aka P142-21, Panna Tiger Reserve. Started venturing alone in the Madla zone. 

1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 11:34 PM by Pckts )

(03-30-2022, 10:50 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:
better quality version the males are boindabra and junior bajrang

Tough to tell for sure but Boindabra looks to outsize Junior. Nothing significant though from what I can see.
Do you know his lineage?
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-30-2022, 04:12 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: yea, he's bigger than his paps but not heavily built @Pckts

He may be slightly larger in frame but I’m not positive about that. I’d still wager on Matka being the heavier cat in their primes.

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 11:43 PM by Ashutosh )

Boindabra is huge!!! I remember posting about him last year. His code name is T111, so he maybe a few months older than Jr Bajrang. Have you seen the size of Boindabra’s face? It resembles a Dudhwa male. Jr Bajrang and Balwaan are decent sized males but nothing out of the ordinary (like their father). Boindabra is rarely seen but every time he stands out. He looks like Karai Ghati’s lineage like Yuvraj (T67).
1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

animal enthusiast

@Pckts  boindabra possibly from dabang/karaighati lineage like @Ashutosh stated a grandson likely also remember the vid of chota matka at 2.5 yrs old walking up to the jeeps like he his father did in another vid? he got a bigger frame from what i can tell and right now he has a bigger skull than his father

Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-31-2022, 12:12 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: @Pckts  boindabra possibly from dabang/karaighati lineage like @Ashutosh stated a grandson likely also remember the vid of chota matka at 2.5 yrs old walking up to the jeeps like he his father did in another vid? he got a bigger frame from what i can tell and right now he has a bigger skull than his father

I don't remember noticing any real size difference and when compared with the same female both mated with, I remember both being relatively the same size. His skull didn't strike me as anything special either. It gives you a pretty good idea just how much larger Chota Munna is compared to Chota Matka just in those two video posted after one another. C. Munna just has so much thicker frame and skull with a larger overall body dimension. Chota Matka just doesn't have the genes to be a massive male IMO.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-30-2022, 11:42 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: Boindabra is huge!!! I remember posting about him last year. His code name is T111, so he maybe a few months older than Jr Bajrang. Have you seen the size of Boindabra’s face? It resembles a Dudhwa male. Jr Bajrang and Balwaan are decent sized males but nothing out of the ordinary (like their father). Boindabra is rarely seen but every time he stands out. He looks like Karai Ghati’s lineage like Yuvraj (T67).

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author

Probably a bit older since he's missing his canine.

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

Balwaan is T116 and Jr Bajrang from the same litter is T118. Boindabra is T111. Neela Nala is T121 and Sunaina is T126. It is clearly birth-wise. Canines can break for any number of reasons other than age.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-31-2022, 12:48 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: Balwaan is T116 and Jr Bajrang from the same litter is T118. Boindabra is T111. Neela Nala is T121 and Sunaina is T126. It is clearly birth-wise. Canines can break for any number of reasons other than age.

Right, point is that he was a bit older. 
In regards to canines, generally they'll break but not wear down to the root until they're older. But regardless, who knows how he lost his since there's no clear picture.

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 02:26 AM by Pckts )

(03-31-2022, 12:20 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 12:12 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: @Pckts  boindabra possibly from dabang/karaighati lineage like @Ashutosh stated a grandson likely also remember the vid of chota matka at 2.5 yrs old walking up to the jeeps like he his father did in another vid? he got a bigger frame from what i can tell and right now he has a bigger skull than his father

I don't remember noticing any real size difference and when compared with the same female both mated with, I remember both being relatively the same size. His skull didn't strike me as anything special either. It gives you a pretty good idea just how much larger Chota Munna is compared to Chota Matka just in those two video posted after one another. C. Munna just has so much thicker frame and skull with a larger overall body dimension. Chota Matka just doesn't have the genes to be a massive male IMO.

C. Matka

Matka

animal enthusiast

(03-31-2022, 02:20 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 12:20 AM)Pckts Wrote:

C. Matka

Matka

i was talking about these vids here and no doubt chota munna is bigger than both..recently i was trying to explain to a guy that matkasur is not a huge tiger..he thinks matkasur is bigger than chota munna and comparable to uma for some reason..i can't even fathom matkasur competing in mukki he's the size of a big tigress he's bigger than the balaghat kappa male atleast