There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(07-23-2024, 02:07 AM)Ngonya Wrote: A morning spent with the Kambula males at Tintswalo Lodge, 3 days ago by Johnny Foster

*This image is copyright of its original author

K4

K5

I assume that is K5 with those wounds to his hind quarters? Damage inflicted by his brother, who was really putting some effort into this bites.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-23-2024, 01:54 PM by Tr1x24 )

Looks like K3 or K4 with a lioness, but its not their sister:

Credits: anna wood

Looks like guys are again quite deep in Manyeleti.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-23-2024, 04:20 PM by criollo2mil )

(07-23-2024, 01:51 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Looks like K3 or K4 with a lioness, but its not their sister:

The Boys are apparently very busy today.  

Reports of three different mating pairs in the south Manyeleti.   I’m guessing they’re Imbali females based in location.
8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Philippines Redroadmale Offline

(07-23-2024, 04:20 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(07-23-2024, 01:51 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Looks like K3 or K4 with a lioness, but its not their sister:

The Boys are apparently very busy today.  

Reports of three different mating pairs in the south Manyeleti.   I’m guessing they’re Imbali females based in location.

How many Liones does the Imbali pride have?

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

(07-23-2024, 04:20 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Reports of three different mating pairs in the south Manyeleti.   I’m guessing they’re Imbali females based in location.
I would guess Red Road's daughters coming into their own. It is typical that females will avoid mating with closely related males (fathers, brothers, cousins) which we have seen for example when Tintswalo males rules Mbiri pride. It would make sense if Red Road's daughters would see new young male coalition in the arena as opportunity to come into their own.
4 users Like Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-23-2024, 04:24 PM)Redroadmale Wrote: How many Liones does the Imbali pride have?

In Southern Manyeleti/ Buffelshoek are Imbali Breakaways, 4 females.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-23-2024, 09:58 PM by Ngonya )

3 lions
K5, a lioness and another Kambula male, im not sure but either K3 or K4
K5

female. I've absolutely no idea if thats their sister K12 or one of the Imbali or Nharu

K3 or K4(?)

by Benoy Roychowdhury
7 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline

2/4 Kambulas and a female at Sabi Sand, by Riana Malherbe
(im not sure if the female was with them)
K5

K6

lioness

6 users Like Ngonya's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-26-2024, 01:47 PM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Fixed spelling error )

3 of them on their way to Torchwood. Other brother and their sister weren't with them during this sighting.

4 users Like Mwk85's post

Ngonya Offline

Arathusa Safari Lodge

"The circle of life continues. We came across this Kumbula male mating with one of the female lions from the Naru pride."
K6

Captured by field guide Roy
9 users Like Ngonya's post

RookiePundit Offline

Arathusa? Isn't that quite south for a Nharu? Perhaps RR's daughter looking for a male who is not her dad, wandering further south?
1 user Likes RookiePundit's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-30-2024, 12:43 AM)RookiePundit Wrote: Arathusa? Isn't that quite south for a Nharu? Perhaps RR's daughter looking for a male who is not her dad, wandering further south?

I dont think they where filmed at Arathusa.

Also, some say it might be Imbali lioness.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Sparks flying today!

Two Kambulas chase off 1/2 Matinmahle Sons

Initial reports thought it was PCMs but turned out it seems Kambula are becoming more assertive

This is the male they chased

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

Poland NLAL11 Offline

(07-30-2024, 02:12 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Sparks flying today!

Two Kambulas chase off 1/2 Matinmahle Sons

Initial reports thought it was PCMs but turned out it seems Kambula are becoming more assertive

This is the male they chased

Looks like K3 and K4 to me. Hopefully we get to see some footage. Why do the exciting things always happen on WildEarth on the days that are only for members.
6 users Like NLAL11's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-30-2024, 10:01 PM by Ngonya )

(07-30-2024, 04:19 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Looks like K3 and K4 to me.
Yes definitly them. K3 developed alot recently, he and K4 are looking very alike, both really impressive.
(07-30-2024, 04:19 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Hopefully we get to see some footage. Why do the exciting things always happen on WildEarth on the days that are only for members.
was the chase recorded during live? If yes u can check their youtube channel because theres the full lives there
Nvm, a friend told me that Monday and Tuesday's live are for paid subscribers only, didnt know that!
2 users Like Ngonya's post