There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(07-02-2024, 07:19 AM)Go131810 Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 01:04 AM)Rabubi Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 12:46 AM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(06-22-2024, 05:08 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Wild Earth saying the Kambulas have marched into Djuma on a mission, scent-marking!  Sister is being submissive to them.  

All 4 together.

(07-01-2024, 11:04 PM)Rabubi Wrote:
(07-01-2024, 10:35 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Northern Kambulas have entered the Manyeleti territory.    Today seen at Koka Moya, traditional Mbiri Pride territory.  

Credit.  Vestment
Finally!! A promise of new blood for the Mbiri Pride. I was beginning to think the KBoys weren't interested in venturing north into Manyeleti.

I get what you're saying but aren't they still somewhat related to them due to their fathers comming from the Birmingham Pride?

They are, but at this point even mating with "somewhat related" males would be an improvement for the Mbiri Pride's gene pool.

I have read the Mibiri pride was originally the Birmingham sisters and their brother were the Birmingham male lions that went to Sabi Sands. Is this correct?

That’s the Narhu pride with Red Road as the dominant male. A couple of the matriarch lionesses are still alive, the sisters of the Birmingham boys! I think there were originally 3 sisters? I’m not sure of the current pride numbers but I believe they have been doing well.
1 user Likes GhostCatP-22's post

Poland NLAL11 Offline

(07-02-2024, 08:41 AM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 07:19 AM)Go131810 Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 01:04 AM)Rabubi Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 12:46 AM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(06-22-2024, 05:08 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Wild Earth saying the Kambulas have marched into Djuma on a mission, scent-marking!  Sister is being submissive to them.  

All 4 together.

(07-01-2024, 11:04 PM)Rabubi Wrote:
(07-01-2024, 10:35 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Northern Kambulas have entered the Manyeleti territory.    Today seen at Koka Moya, traditional Mbiri Pride territory.  

Credit.  Vestment
Finally!! A promise of new blood for the Mbiri Pride. I was beginning to think the KBoys weren't interested in venturing north into Manyeleti.

I get what you're saying but aren't they still somewhat related to them due to their fathers comming from the Birmingham Pride?

They are, but at this point even mating with "somewhat related" males would be an improvement for the Mbiri Pride's gene pool.

I have read the Mibiri pride was originally the Birmingham sisters and their brother were the Birmingham male lions that went to Sabi Sands. Is this correct?

That’s the Narhu pride with Red Road as the dominant male. A couple of the matriarch lionesses are still alive, the sisters of the Birmingham boys! I think there were originally 3 sisters? I’m not sure of the current pride numbers but I believe they have been doing well.

I made this same mistake recently, but the Nharus are: 3 original lionesses, 1 Thanda Impi daughter and then up to 5 daughters of Red Road, depending on how many of them are still with the pride.
1 user Likes NLAL11's post

Ngonya Offline

Kruger Kambula #1 back in late March 2024

*This image is copyright of its original author

by lianepienaar

He looks quite similar to his younger brothers K3 and K4, that roam Sabi Sand (maybe Manyeleti now)
5 users Like Ngonya's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Possibly the same father, also they have the same Mangheni grandmother.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Go131810 Offline

(07-04-2024, 05:33 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Possibly the same father, also they have the same Mangheni grandmother.

He looks like Nehena and he looks a bit like the Torchwood male lion.

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Credit.  Vestment

Was their sister with them too?
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-05-2024, 02:17 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:

Credit.  Vestment

Was their sister with them too?

Yes. All 5 were there
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

If they move into Manyeleti, we likely won't hear from them as much anymore right?
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Ngonya Offline

(07-05-2024, 04:17 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: If they move into Manyeleti, we likely won't hear from them as much anymore right?
Yeah we likely won't hear as much as we did when they were/are into Sabi Sand.

But Manyeleti has some decent amount of updates and footage, just like with Mbiri Tintswalos (Ncile, Mandevu and Lambile).
Also its more likely guides could name them there...

IMO its better for them to be there. They were putting nothing on the table at Sabi Sand for months not to say year(s). 
Even in an environment full of duos they were unable to impose themselves. Its of anyones understanding that the duos on Sabi Sand are all formidable to say the least, but nothing changes the fact that they had twice the numbers of their opponents.
I believe that the sister's presence can influence in their "mentality", but we cannot attribute the blame to her. It is worth remembering that at least two of them seemed to have absolutely little to no interest in mating with lionesses, be they Nkuhumas or even their own sister.

Maybe in Manyeleti things can change for whatever is best for them... Less dominant males and coalitions means less or atleast "weaker" competition.
Mbiri Pride does not even have dominant males. Others nearby that i can remember have only solitary dominants(?), such as Red Road or even male Kruger closer to Sabi sand.
4 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-06-2024, 03:27 AM by Ngonya )

Kambula males and the two females were seen at south of Manyeleti reserve (Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps - Khoka Moya & Mantobeni)
(author says they were close)
by Vestment Mfumo Machavi

K3

all 4 brothers

K5

K6 (he seems to have lost some mane)

K4 (by the pics, looks like hes still limping) and  K12

All the boys and their sister

5 users Like Ngonya's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Are they near red road or the pride the twinsalo abandon???
2 users Like Friarfan619's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 07-06-2024, 04:28 AM by BA0701 )

There was a report earlier that they had a run-in with the Nharus, no mention of RRM, or the status of any of the Nharu Pride.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-06-2024, 10:45 PM by Ngonya )

Highly likely a throwbkack video
The four Kambula boys and their sister when they were still in northern Sabi Sand

2 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline

K4 during golden hour at Arathusa

3 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline

The 4 Kambula males and their sister back in late June, before entering the Manyeleti

buffalo killing machines, just like their fathers.

by Arianne Calilung
4 users Like Ngonya's post