There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

Go131810 Offline

(06-23-2024, 01:39 AM)Ngonya Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 01:22 AM)Go131810 Wrote: It is interesting. I am seeing these young male lions grow up. I am seeing how one reminds me of the Golf course male lions sons of the Rollercoster male lions. Then I think is K4 he is looking a lot and reminding me a lot of Nehena Birmingham male lion. Also I was seeing how the 3 older brothers they look alike it must be the some mother and father? They look similar I also noticed one of them maybe is Tinyo son ? I think one of the 3 brothers is Tinyos son, but they look similar because they are brothers and cousins. One of them or a few of them remind me of Rasta; all 3 brothers remind me of Rasta except maybe K4 he is looking strong like Nehena. They also remind me of the Othowa male lion. I am not sure if K6 is the last male lion but he reminds me of Kinky Tail and he might be Tinyos son?
Cant see none of the resemblance you claim. 

All Kambulas, including the Kruger bros, barely have any resemblance with the Mapogo, imagine with more distance related males, such as Rollercoaster and Golf Course. 

They resemble Birminghams and Majinglailane alot, after all it’s their closest related males.
Hi is ok if can’t see it. Have you seen a few pictures of the Golfcourse male lions? The Rollercoster male lions? In some pictures I can see the similarities. I think you should try and look at the golf course videos, and the Rollercoster male lions and also google and facebook, to see more pictures. Yes they definitely do have similarities to them; yes of course I can see most remind me of Nehena and Tinyo. Yes I have read and seen a picture where similarities to Dark mane but I can similaritys of Nehena on most of them. Look at their body’s and body shape they look similar to Kinky Tail, and Rasta, and maybe Pretty Boy. Some of the manes were similar to the Rollercoster male lions and I thought maybe one reminded me of Mr.T, and if he was sons of the Rollercoster male lions it make sense. The color does not look as dark as the Rollercoster male lions. One male lion had similar eyes to the Golfcourse male lion. I just see similarities and yes I can see K4 looks like and reminds me of Nehena like similarly the Torchwood male lion reminds me of Nehna Birmingham male lion.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

K3:

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline

K3 and K4 taking a sip
3 users Like Ngonya's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Go131810 

Only actual resemblance between Kambula and Mapogo that I can see is that the youngest male, K6, in some angles at some times, has a noticeable resemblance to Mr.T who is very likely, look-wise, his great-grandfather, as his grandmother ( Mangheni who died in 2022 ) was a clone of Mr.T.

But even him, obviously, resemble his fathers and mothers more than any great-grandfather.

All 3 other Kambulas from Sabi Sands are the grandsons of the last remaining elder Mangheni who resembles Makhulu a lot.

K1 from Kruger is also a grandson of the last Mangheni ( though not through the same mother as the 3 SS males ). And the last Kambula, K2, is the grandson of the first Mangheni to die in 2018.

There are very few individual photos of this female so I can't tell which Mapogo she resembles.

The other elder Mangheni who apparently died a few days ago looked a lot like Dreadlocks in face and body, she was the largest Mangheni and mother of the largest Kambula female K6, but she has no grandson in the either Kambula coalition.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-23-2024, 08:29 PM by Ngonya )

(06-23-2024, 08:20 AM)Go131810 Wrote: Have you seen a few pictures of the Golfcourse male lions? The Rollercoster male lions? In some pictures I can see the similarities. I think you should try and look at the golf course videos, and the Rollercoster male lions and also google and facebook, to see more pictures.
I assure you i already did, multiple times. 

Rollercoasters are one of my favorite coalitions, really interesting story they had, impressive males. Also love the Selaties, and i did search alot for picture of their fathers, likely more than u ever did. 
In general i think the West Street bloodline is amazing, full of powerfull impressive coalitions. 

But honestly, claiming such long distance related males have similarities... You are just forcing it too much.

(06-23-2024, 08:20 AM)Go131810 Wrote: Look at their body’s and body shape they look similar to Kinky Tail, and Rasta, and maybe Pretty Boy. Some of the manes were similar to the Rollercoster male lions and I thought maybe one reminded me of Mr.T, and if he was sons of the Rollercoster male lions it make sense. The color does not look as dark as the Rollercoster male lions. One male lion had similar eyes to the Golfcourse male lion. I just see similarities and yes I can see K4 looks like and reminds me of Nehena like similarly the Torchwood male lion reminds me of Nehna Birmingham male lion.
see, forcing to much.

They resemble much more their grandfathers, the Majingilane, than any of their GREAT grandfathers, the Mapogo.
K1, K3 and K4 resemble Nhenha and a Dark Mane.
K2 resembes Tinyo and Scar Nose
K5 honestly i cant tell, but i would say either Tinyo or Nsuku
K6 resembles Nhenha but with a darker mane, and as @Mapokser said, he's the only one that somewhat display similarities with Mapogo, Mr T to be exact.
2 users Like Ngonya's post

Go131810 Offline

(06-23-2024, 08:28 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 08:20 AM)Go131810 Wrote: Have you seen a few pictures of the Golfcourse male lions? The Rollercoster male lions? In some pictures I can see the similarities. I think you should try and look at the golf course videos, and the Rollercoster male lions and also google and facebook, to see more pictures.
I assure you i already did, multiple times. 

Rollercoasters are one of my favorite coalitions, really interesting story they had, impressive males. Also love the Selaties, and i did search alot for picture of their fathers, likely more than u ever did. 
In general i think the West Street bloodline is amazing, full of powerfull impressive coalitions. 

But honestly, claiming such long distance related males have similarities... You are just forcing it too much.

Hi I only wondered if you went back to look at some photos after my comments respectfully. I know you said you have seen some pictures; you said likely more than me, but did you try looking at some pictures of the Golfcourse male lions? What I said is in some pictures there were similarities. Also you say long distance? The male lions I mentioned yes they are becoming distant, but if the mothers of these male lions were Rastas daughter and she looked like Rasta it makes sense they would look like each other. It is why I thought of the Othowa male lion who might also be a relative of Rasta. Yes I also see a lion that looked a bit like Mr.T but if he is a relative of Mr.T or not when he was young he looked similar to Rasta. I read on in another comment there might be distant relatives of Makuhulu I am not sure about that, but I would like to hear what similarities he sees, it would be good if Makuhulu had relatives. I thought one looked like Pretty Boy, but I said maybe I thought about that, because of K4s size that looks like Nehena. Their body’s some remind me of Rastas similar size and Kinky Tails. Yes they do look like the Birmingham’s male lions Nehena and Tinyo. I did see a photo here where one looked like the Golfcourse male lion in the eyes and the mane that reminded me of the Rollercoster male lions and one did look like Mr.T. I am just talking about similarities. Yes they are distant relatives but a lot of people have said they look similar to Kinky Tail and Rasta.
(06-23-2024, 08:20 AM)Go131810 Wrote: Look at their body’s and body shape they look similar to Kinky Tail, and Rasta, and maybe Pretty Boy. Some of the manes were similar to the Rollercoster male lions and I thought maybe one reminded me of Mr.T, and if he was sons of the Rollercoster male lions it make sense. The color does not look as dark as the Rollercoster male lions. One male lion had similar eyes to the Golfcourse male lion. I just see similarities and yes I can see K4 looks like and reminds me of Nehena like similarly the Torchwood male lion reminds me of Nehna Birmingham male lion.
see, forcing to much.

They resemble much more their grandfathers, the Majingilane, than any of their GREAT grandfathers, the Mapogo.
K1, K3 and K4 resemble Nhenha and a Dark Mane.
K2 resembes Tinyo and Scar Nose
K5 honestly i cant tell, but i would say either Tinyo or Nsuku
K6 resembles Nhenha but with a darker mane, and as @Mapokser said, he's the only one that somewhat display similarities with Mapogo, Mr T to be exact.
Yes I never said they didn’t. I am just saying what similarities they had. Yes I can see Nehena the Birmingham’s male lion and yes in some pictures; I noticed Dark mane but I am seeing Nehna as they start growing and getting stronger. I am not sure how the Kambula male lions look like; I have read a comment some people thought there were similarities with Nusuku with one of the Kambula male lions in Kruger. I never said they didn’t look like their mothers or the Birmingham’s male lions.
1 user Likes Go131810's post

Go131810 Offline

(06-23-2024, 08:16 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @Go131810 

Only actual resemblance between Kambula and Mapogo that I can see is that the youngest male, K6, in some angles at some times, has a noticeable resemblance to Mr.T who is very likely, look-wise, his great-grandfather, as his grandmother ( Mangheni who died in 2022 ) was a clone of Mr.T.

But even him, obviously, resemble his fathers and mothers more than any great-grandfather.

All 3 other Kambulas from Sabi Sands are the grandsons of the last remaining elder Mangheni who resembles Makhulu a lot.

K1 from Kruger is also a grandson of the last Mangheni ( though not through the same mother as the 3 SS males ). And the last Kambula, K2, is the grandson of the first Mangheni to die in 2018.

There are very few individual photos of this female so I can't tell which Mapogo she resembles.

The other elder Mangheni who apparently died a few days ago looked a lot like Dreadlocks in face and body, she was the largest Mangheni and mother of the largest Kambula female K6, but she has no grandson in the either Kambula coalition.
Hi I was just saying how sometimes in some pictures they reminded me of other male lions. I have not heard this before that they look like Makulu. Yes I have not seen many pictures of the Mangheni, but I did always thought that Dreadlocks may have had a few daughters because of some of the lionesses size. In the Othowa pride may they rest; there was a lioness that reminded me of Kinky Tail.
1 user Likes Go131810's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-26-2024, 03:09 AM by Mdz123 )

(06-23-2024, 08:13 PM)Ngonya Wrote: K3 and K4 taking a sip

Their manes have developped so much, they are entering their prime age right now
4 users Like Mdz123's post

Ngonya Offline

The four Kambulas and their sister sleeping and heavily snoring in Cheetah Plains Game Reserve
3 users Like Ngonya's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

The Northern Kambulas have entered the Manyeleti territory.    Today seen at Koka Moya, traditional Mbiri Pride territory.  

Credit.  Vestment

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(07-01-2024, 10:35 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Northern Kambulas have entered the Manyeleti territory.    Today seen at Koka Moya, traditional Mbiri Pride territory.  

Credit.  Vestment
Finally!! A promise of new blood for the Mbiri Pride. I was beginning to think the KBoys weren't interested in venturing north into Manyeleti.
4 users Like Rabubi's post

Ngonya Offline

(07-01-2024, 10:35 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Northern Kambulas have entered the Manyeleti territory.    Today seen at Koka Moya, traditional Mbiri Pride territory.
I wonder if they will stay around, could be great for local prides to have a coalition of four to secure land, seemed like they were going nowhere in Sabi Sand.

K3

*This image is copyright of its original author

K3 and K6

7 users Like Ngonya's post

Rui Ferreira Offline

(06-22-2024, 05:08 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Wild Earth saying the Kambulas have marched into Djuma on a mission, scent-marking!  Sister is being submissive to them.  

All 4 together.

(07-01-2024, 11:04 PM)Rabubi Wrote:

Credit.  Vestment
Finally!! A promise of new blood for the Mbiri Pride. I was beginning to think the KBoys weren't interested in venturing north into Manyeleti.

I get what you're saying but aren't they still somewhat related to them due to their fathers comming from the Birmingham Pride?
1 user Likes Rui Ferreira's post

South Africa Rabubi Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-02-2024, 01:06 AM by Rabubi )

(07-02-2024, 12:46 AM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(06-22-2024, 05:08 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Wild Earth saying the Kambulas have marched into Djuma on a mission, scent-marking!  Sister is being submissive to them.  

All 4 together.

Credit.  Vestment

I get what you're saying but aren't they still somewhat related to them due to their fathers comming from the Birmingham Pride?

They are, but at this point even mating with "somewhat related" males would be an improvement for the Mbiri Pride's gene pool.
5 users Like Rabubi's post

Go131810 Offline

(07-02-2024, 01:04 AM)Rabubi Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 12:46 AM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:

All 4 together.

Credit.  Vestment

They are, but at this point even mating with "somewhat related" males would be an improvement for the Mbiri Pride's gene pool.

I have read the Mibiri pride was originally the Birmingham sisters and their brother were the Birmingham male lions that went to Sabi Sands. Is this correct?