There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Jaguar Predation

Russian Federation Diamir2 Offline

Predation of an adult female Morelet’s crocodile ( Crocodylus moreletii ) by a jaguar ( Panthera onca ) in the Calakmul region, Mexico
1 user Likes Diamir2's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

3 users Like Pckts's post

United States Styx38 Offline
Banned

(11-06-2019, 07:35 AM)Pckts Wrote:

How do you afford so many trips?

Bigcat Enthusiast

(11-07-2019, 12:42 AM)Styx38 Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 07:35 AM)Pckts Wrote:

How do you afford so many trips?

That's not my photo, but I've been to 3 different Locations (Africa in 2016, India in 2017 and Brazil in 2019)

Each location ins't cheap but luckily I have a good job that allows me to travel.
But if you want to go on these trips, I recommend sacrificing to save up.
Generally for a Place like India or Brazil, you need to save up 3-4k and that should cover flights, Safaris, food, your stay and other activities.
Africa is a little more expensive but I think a good goal for anyone who want's to do a Safari should be in the $4,000.00  Range.

Also, if you want to go and you're looking for a cheaper option, most locations have a budget option as well.
Another great option is bring people. Most of the time you can get your trip for free if you bring enough people with you and even if you bring a few extra, it can significantly reduce the price.

Honestly, I've thought about this a few time but these forums are a great tool. 
We should all look into a group package option to go somewhere. Most of us love wildlife and it would significantly reduce pricing if we gathered a large group.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Jaguar trying to drag a huge Caiman up a steep slope 

Jaguar making a Caiman Kill from the Water

Jaguar Stalking, Swimming, Chasing then Killing a Caiman

Bigcat Enthusiast

WAR OF THE JUNGLE 
Dramatic moment a jaguar and a caiman fight to death captured in incredible pics

Big cats are known to hunt the small to medium-sized crocodiles but rarely is such a battle photographed.
PICTURED
  • Paul Harper
  • 28 Sep 2017, 16:44
  • Updated: 29 Sep 2017, 19:26
THESE astonishing images capture the dramatic moment a jaguar and a caiman fought to death in a Brazilian jungle.
The fearsome big cat wrestled with the reptile for around 20 minutes in a struggle witnessed by wildlife photographer Chris Brunskill.

*This image is copyright of its original author

The photographer rushed to the area after hearing a jaguar had been spotted - and was astonished by what happened nextCredit: Getty - Contributor

Wildlife photographer Chris Brunskill captured a brutal fight to the death involving a caiman and a jaguarCredit: Getty - Contributor

Pause

Mute

Current Time 

00:25

/

Duration 

00:49

Loaded: 100.00%

Fullscreen

The big cat and reptile battled for 20 minutes in the Brazilian jungle in a rarely-captured sceneCredit: Getty - Contributor
This battle happened on Tuesday on the Three Brothers River in Mato Grosso, Brazil.
Jaguars hunt the small to medium-sized crocodiles - but rarely is such a clash photographed.
Snapper Chris rushed to the area after he learned the majestic cat was spotted near Corixo de Camindo.
In a Facebook post, he wrote: "Over the next hour we followed the cat and watched at close range as she charged unsuccessfully on a small group of capybara.

"Moments later she was walking through an open stretch of water when she pounced on the biggest yacare caiman I have ever seen during all my time on the river in Pantanal.
"After a long struggle, she immobilised the giant reptile with the trademark jaguar bite to the back of the skull, and then dragged the huge carcass for over twenty minutes across an open beach into thick cover.

The reptiles can grow to lengths of up to 8ft - but they are no match for the jaguarCredit: Getty - Contributor

Afterwards the big cat was forced to drag the huge creature from the river to eat under coverCredit: Getty - Contributor

Stunning images show the power of the jaguar as it carries and drags the dead caiman awayCredit: Getty - Contributor
"During the struggle I shot an incredible variety of pictures, almost 50GB in total, of a predation (animal attack) sequence I have been obsessed with since I first visited this magical place over five years ago."
In July last year a 220lb jaguar took down another caiman in the south american country.
Around 30 years ago, the caimans faced an even bigger threat due to a lucrative market for crocodile leather.
“Nobody can say for sure how many yacares were slaughtered, but it would have run well into the millions,” Cleber Alho, a Brazilian conservation biologist, told National Geographic.

Capturing such a wildlife death match between the two jungle beasts, was a real feat for the photographerCredit: Getty - Contributor

The caimans were nearly hunted to extinction due to the crocodile leather market until a worldwide ban on the tradeCredit: Getty - Contributor
4 users Like Pckts's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Among reptiles, the jaguar is the caiman's, turtle's and... snake's predator.

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Credits: Projeto Onçafari
posted in 2013

Fantasma's dinner

What do you want to do ?
New mail
Copy

Video filmed by: Adam Bannister

- An amazing morning of tracking Jaguars here in Southern Pantanal has resulted in an amazing sighting with Fantasma (ghost) the dominant male at Refúgio ecológico Caiman. He was seen feeding on a kill he took down at prior night. We returned back to the place at night and we patiently waited for him appear from the woods. We were rewarded by awesome moments of strength and brutality. We were able to stay at least 15 meters away from him. In this video he shows his power, the big size of his head and neck. -Onçafari rangers.  enjoy the video.

Powerful old Boy.Very Impressive shoulders built.

Rounded bulky head with muscles located on the back of its jaws to help it with an overwhelming jaw pressure bite.
1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

credits : onçafari

Jaguar Enthusiast

Credits: Instituto Onça Pintada/Jaguar Conservation Fund

6 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

DARK JAGUAR

Welcome to the forum. We hope you will continue to inform us on wild jaguars in Brazil. What we saw so far was very interesting. Thanks on behalf of all.

Are you involved in conservation in some way?
1 user Likes peter's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

(11-18-2019, 09:34 AM)peter Wrote: DARK JAGUAR

Welcome to the forum. We hope you will continue to inform us on wild jaguars in Brazil. What we saw so far was very interesting. Thanks on behalf of all.

Are you involved in conservation in some way?

Hey Peter thank you very much, it's a huge privilege for me to be here sharing content with you all Wild Animals Enthusiasts in this website that I have been following and learning alot in a long while. About the conservation... One day hehe One day. About the posts continuation, for sure I will keep sharing them and there's alot to come. Thank you.

Bigcat Enthusiast

2 users Like Pckts's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

credits: Isabella Sorrentino

Climbing tree Jaguar.

Not really a predation though but its a nice feat of its climbing skills in order to get its prize.
3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Russian Federation Diamir2 Offline

Onca vs peccary
3 users Like Diamir2's post