There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interspecific conflicts, no canids of felids

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 03:18 PM by Shadow )

I created this thread for many interesting conflicts, which happen without participation of canids or felids. Here should be posted video clips showing what happened or if photos, not only some random photo with text like "rhino and buffalo fight". If only a photo or photos, then there should be also a good description about it what happened. How it started and how it ended up. If someone wants to post only some random photo, then seek some other thread, there are threads for excellent photos etc. Put here only things, which show or tell what happened.

Anyway in this thread can be put practically all interspecific conflict situations, also between domesticated animals, which haven´t had really a good thread before. But as said, to keep postings interesting, no random photos only!

I start with a video, which had a gem, imo, and surprised me.

Watch from 1:25 to 1:45, that was quite a knockout! I almost spilled my coffee :) There is also that situation leading to what is on thumbnail of this video. Right before this situation, which impressed me the most.

3 users Like Shadow's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 03:25 PM by Dark Jaguar )

@Shadow

Thank you for creating this thread its gonna be very helpful to post different content with new animals.

Amazon River Dolphin mauling Electric Eel ( Poraquê ) to death.

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(06-15-2020, 03:21 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: @Shadow

Thank you for creating this thread its gonna be very helpful to post different content with new animals.

Amazon River Dolphin mauling Electric Eel to death.

After seeing your posting I´m happy that I did this. You had immediately a very interesting incident, something new for me at least. That dolphin was determined and proved once again how smart/intelligent animals dolphins and whales can be.
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-15-2020, 03:43 PM by Dark Jaguar )

(06-15-2020, 03:27 PM)Shadow Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 03:21 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: @Shadow

Amazon River Dolphin mauling Electric Eel to death.

After seeing your posting I´m happy that I did this. You had immediately a very interesting incident, something new for me at least. That dolphin was determined and proved once again how smart/intelligent animals dolphins and whales can be.

Yeah actually I got alot of conflicts and content with different animals but I didn't know where to post so I just kept them without posting. but now this thread you made it'll be super helpful.

Yeah Grey/Pink Amazon river Dolphins are quite smart they are mostly known here for stealing the fish of the fishermen in Amazon even divers they grab the fish out of their hands in the smurky waters of the amazon rivers. Regarding the Poraquê the River Dolphins try to get rid of them because their shock is very very powerful and can kill their youngsters and it is believed specially females beat them to death to protect their calves.

Check this video a Poraquê killing by electric shock a Caiman that tried to predate it in Amazon.

Nature really is incredible.
2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(06-15-2020, 03:13 PM)Shadow Wrote: I created this thread for many interesting conflicts, which happen without participation of canids or felids. Here should be posted video clips showing what happened or if photos, not only some random photo with text like "rhino and buffalo fight". If only a photo or photos, then there should be also a good description about it what happened. How it started and how it ended up. If someone wants to post only some random photo, then seek some other thread, there are threads for excellent photos etc. Put here only things, which show or tell what happened.

Anyway in this thread can be put practically all interspecific conflict situations, also between domesticated animals, which haven´t had really a good thread before. But as said, to keep postings interesting, no random photos only!

Watch from 1:25 to 1:45, that was quite a knockout! I almost spilled my coffee :) There is also that situation leading to what is on thumbnail of this video. Right before this situation, which impressed me the most.

I still don't understand how could a smaller sheep managed to knocked an adult cow out. Usually heavier mass is equal to more power, maybe it is the speed that somehow increased the force produced by the sheep?
1 user Likes johnny rex's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

3 users Like Pckts's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(06-15-2020, 03:45 PM)johnny rex Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 03:13 PM)Shadow Wrote: I created this thread for many interesting conflicts, which happen without participation of canids or felids. Here should be posted video clips showing what happened or if photos, not only some random photo with text like "rhino and buffalo fight". If only a photo or photos, then there should be also a good description about it what happened. How it started and how it ended up. If someone wants to post only some random photo, then seek some other thread, there are threads for excellent photos etc. Put here only things, which show or tell what happened.

I still don't understand how could a smaller sheep managed to knocked an adult cow out. Usually heavier mass is equal to more power, maybe it is the speed that somehow increased the force produced by the sheep?

Rams are used to run and bang their horns to whatever pisses them off, so it feels logical that they can take heavy "punches" and be just ok... something in neck and head anatomy(?). But as I wrote I almost spilled my coffee because of laughter when I saw that clip, it was so unbelievable sight for me too. That cow must have been quite confused too. Maybe thinking twice before trying again.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I think the anatomy of neck and head of Rams or sheep are made for this.. they can absorb much more powerful shocks

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(06-15-2020, 03:45 PM)johnny rex Wrote:

I looked closer now and yeah, it looks like a female, I assumed, that it was a ram, but maybe it wasn´t. If so even more impressive. It was a bit stunned too, but starting to stand up quite quickly thoug.

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-16-2020, 07:46 AM by Dark Jaguar )

Another interaction between Poraquê (electric fish/eel) and Caiman in Amazon.

Although this one was taken from a documentary and its in portuguese, enjoy the footages.

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 12:31 AM by Dark Jaguar )

Poraquê and young Black Caiman interaction in Amazon.

4 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 02:04 AM by Dark Jaguar )

Black Caiman predating on Amazon Pink River Dolphin in Araguaia River.

6 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

(06-15-2020, 03:27 PM)Shadow Wrote: After seeing your posting I´m happy that I did this. You had immediately a very interesting incident, something new for me at least. That dolphin was determined and proved once again how smart/intelligent animals dolphins and whales can be.

They have the 2nd brain volume ["biggest"] in ratio to their weight, after you know who  Joking . That is making them the second smartest specie living on earth as of now.

It is a general known fact. I won't source the information since many people studied and conclude this.
1 user Likes TheNormalGuy's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-23-2020, 07:29 PM by Shadow )

(06-22-2020, 09:09 PM)TheNormalGuy Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 03:27 PM)Shadow Wrote: After seeing your posting I´m happy that I did this. You had immediately a very interesting incident, something new for me at least. That dolphin was determined and proved once again how smart/intelligent animals dolphins and whales can be.

They have the 2nd brain volume ["biggest"] in ratio to their weight, after you know who  Joking . That is making them the second smartest specie living on earth as of now.

It is a general known fact. I won't source the information since many people studied and conclude this.

Yes, I knew. It´s no news for people who have even slight interest concerning animals and I kind of stated that in my comment. I don´t always underline self evident things in my comments, because as you said, so many people have concluded it, that it´s more surprising to find people not knowing it than to find people who know.

What is then again interesting always, is to see what they are capable to do in different situations. Even though many animals are intelligent, none of them are even close to humans. Many other animals show very impressive skills to solve problems too. For instance some birds are astonishing in certain tests and also in "real life situations".
2 users Like Shadow's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-28-2020, 04:34 AM by Dark Jaguar )

Nest competition between Red Macaws and Blue Macaws.