There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Information on pride specific threads, and an informal poll

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

All,
     The Mod Team have decided to run a test of giving prides their own thread. We will begin with 5 threads, and I would like input from all of you on which prides we should begin with. The top 5 most suggested prides will be given their own threads.

This is for current established and named prides, with a running history, prides who have built a legacy. Breakaway prides will alo fall under their natal pride threads until they have reached these requirements.

Please, this is not an opportunity to demean certain prides, or to falsely elevate others, and is by no means meant as an opportunity to debate others opinions, it is simply a request for suggestions on which 5 prides we should start with. I will stop taking suggestions on May 25, 2022, which gives us 1 week to take suggestions, and parse the results.

Thanks!
10 users Like BA0701's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-18-2022, 07:37 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Breakaway prides will alo fall under their natal pride threads until they have reached these requirements
Basically every pride is a breakaway from another pride. That is how prides are creating.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-19-2022, 06:11 PM)Potato Wrote: Basically every pride is a breakaway from another pride. That is how prides are creating.

He means recent breakaway's, not breakaway's from 10-20 yrs ago.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

We basically need to choose pride from which we get regular updates. 

From Sabi Sands that basically means Othawas, Mhangenis, Nkuhumas, Talamatis, Kambulas and Styx.

No point of choosing Torchwoods, Sand Rivers or small prides like Southern Pride, Tsalala, Ximhungwe, updates from them can still be posted in Lions of Sabi Sands thread, as he will be less packed. 

As for other prides from Kruger, Manyeleti and Timbavati, besides Birmingham pride (of which we already have thread) theres too little updates, all that can still be posted in those threads.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

Othawa pride

Kambula pride

Mangheni pride

Nkuhuma pride

Talamati pride 

Mbiri pride 

Nharu pride
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Defintely the big prides of Sabi Sands deserve a thread: Othawas, Manghenis, Kambulas, Nkuhumas and Talamatis.
4 users Like Mdz123's post

South Africa Wyld@Heart Offline

(05-19-2022, 10:02 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Defintely the big prides of Sabi Sands deserve a thread: Othawas, Manghenis, Kambulas, Nkuhumas and Talamatis.

Indeed, those would be my list as well although I would also like to vote for another; the Satara Central/N'wanetsi pride immediately around Satara. It's a busy camp, the pride is photographed and seen almost daily if perhaps not while getting the major attention, coverage and dynamics of the Sabi Sands lions.

It's also a growing pride, full of cubs now and has a white male as a one of their dominant males. I think at least one of Kruger prides should have a thread and they're the most likely candidates imho or we're always just going to be skewed towards the lives of the prides within the private reserves of the Greater Kruger whose numbers account for only about 10% of the population.
5 users Like Wyld@Heart's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-19-2022, 11:30 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-19-2022, 11:03 PM)Wyld@Heart Wrote: Indeed, those would be my list as well although I would also like to vote for another; the Satara Central/N'wanetsi pride immediately around Satara. It's a busy camp, the pride is photographed and seen almost daily if perhaps not while getting the major attention, coverage and dynamics of the Sabi Sands lions.

It's also a growing pride, full of cubs now and has a white male as a one of their dominant males. I think at least one of Kruger prides should have a thread and they're the most likely candidates imho or we're always just going to be skewed towards the lives of the prides within the private reserves of the Greater Kruger whose numbers account for only about 10% of the population.

We could just post their content into "Shishangaan males" thread tho, if they dont get its own.

BigLion39 Offline

Is this only for Sabi Sands? I see almost daily updates on Social Media on prides in the Mara for example, Topi, Marsh, Rekero, Lemek, Sankai, Fig Tree, etc....
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-20-2022, 11:29 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Is this only for Sabi Sands? I see almost daily updates on Social Media on prides in the Mara for example, Topi, Marsh, Rekero, Lemek, Sankai, Fig Tree, etc....

I mean, on this forum prides from Sabi Sands are most popular, no point of making threads for Mara prides of people wont post there.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(05-20-2022, 11:29 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Is this only for Sabi Sands? I see almost daily updates on Social Media on prides in the Mara for example, Topi, Marsh, Rekero, Lemek, Sankai, Fig Tree, etc....

Of course my friend, all prides will be considered. I am taking the first five with the most votes.

Personally, I'd enjoy reading more about the Mara prides as well. But, the first five will be a test run, in order to guage activity levels of new threads. If the experiment is successful, as I expect it to be, then we'll begin allowing threads on many other prides who match the criteria.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Maybe have one general thread on all mara prides?.
2 users Like Lycaon's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-20-2022, 08:59 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-20-2022, 07:22 PM)Lycaon Wrote: Maybe have one general thread on all mara prides?.

We have threads for male coalitions, maybe making 1 for Mara prides wouldn't be bad idea.

Problem is will are regular posters post there, I dont follow Mara that much so my contribution there will be small.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

So Othawa, Kambula, Nkuhuma and Talamati for the 4 and then a coin toss between Styx and Mhangeni for the 5th slot?
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-22-2022, 01:33 AM)Tonpa Wrote: So Othawa, Kambula, Nkuhuma and Talamati for the 4 and then a coin toss between Styx and Mhangeni for the 5th slot?

It feels so bad to left 1 out of these.

People might want to left Styx pride out, but in fact they are the oldest pride of them all.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post