There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Craig Parsons.

Scars and memories.

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States Fredymrt Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-27-2017, 10:08 PM by Fredymrt )

(07-26-2017, 05:59 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 12:53 PM)stronghold Wrote: Good day guys, I was wandering how many offsprings that is currently alive does the Majingilanes have?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

If you mean the younger ones, those are the Mangheni youngsters, they were about twelve of them. 

The 3 little Othawa cubs were killed by the Mangheni pride some days ago.

Then a bit older you have the Tsalala males(3) and the females(Tsalala breakaways) as well as the 2 Mangheni males(the 3rd is missing) and their 6 sister that now form the Ntsevu pride(Mangheni breakaways).

Then a bit older you have the 2 Sparta males, if they're still alive (both are missing).

Then a bit older the 2 Styx males, they're in the Kruger park and then the oldest son, the Fourways male, also in the Kruger park with his brother.

With this, I'm not counting the Majingilane older daughters, because to be fair I don't know how many they have.

Maybe @Fredymrt knows of them( Majingi daughters from the Sparta, Styux and Fourways pride).

@stronghold welcome to the forum

@Tshokwane Thanks and
Sorry about late reply, but not sure why my last post didn't post!

Fourways Pride : 2 Lionesses (One of Them Sired by Majingilane born in 2010)

The youngest of the styx females ( born in 2011 ) is daughter of the Majingilanes

The youngest of the Tsalala\Marthly females (born in 2011 ) is daughter of the Majingilanes

The youngest of the Sparta\Eyrefield females (born in 2012) is daughter of the Majingilanes

The youngest of the Tsalala\Marthly breakaway females ( born in 2013 ) is daughter of the Majingilanes

The sub-adult Othawa female sired by the Majingilane

Hope that helps
4 users Like Fredymrt's post

Credits to daniel_charles bailey
Date 07/26/2017

Three Tooth Manyelethi Male
It's been such incredible experience viewing the 3 remaining members of the Manyelethi coalition on Mala Mala Game Reserve once again

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(07-27-2017, 05:12 PM)Fredymrt Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 12:53 PM)stronghold Wrote: Good day guys, I was wandering how many offsprings that is currently alive does the Majingilanes have?

If you mean the younger ones, those are the Mangheni youngsters, they were about twelve of them. 

Then a bit older you have the Tsalala males(3) and the females(Tsalala breakaways) as well as the 2 Mangheni males(the 3rd is missing) and their 6 sister that now form the Ntsevu pride(Mangheni breakaways).

Then a bit older you have the 2 Sparta males, if they're still alive (both are missing).

Then a bit older the 2 Styx males, they're in the Kruger park and then the oldest son, the Fourways male, also in the Kruger park with his brother.

With this, I'm not counting the Majingilane older daughters, because to be fair I don't know how many they have.

Maybe @Fredymrt knows of them( Majingi daughters from the Sparta, Styux and Fourways pride).

@stronghold welcome to the forum

@Tshokwane Thanks  and
Sorry about late reply, but not sure why my last post didn't post!

Fourways Pride : 2 Lionesses   (One of Them Sired by Majingilane  born in 2010)

The youngest of the styx females ( born in 2011 ) is daughter of the Majingilanes

The youngest of the Tsalala\Marthly females (born in 2011 ) is daughter of the Majingilanes

The youngest of the Sparta\Eyrefield females (born in 2012) is daughter of the Majingilanes

The youngest of the Tsalala\Marthly breakaway females ( born in 2013 ) is daughter of the Majingilanes

1 Othawa female sired by the Majingilane

Hope that helps

I believe Othawa sub-adult female (Brother of sub-adult male) is sired by them.. not adult...
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

From Kirkman's Kamp:
"Talk about being in the right place at the right time...Guide Matt Smith captures one of the mighty Majingilane males crossing the Sand River"

7 users Like Ngala's post

South Africa Sideliner Offline

Looks like Golden Mane visiting a lover again ... alone .... with the 2 Charlston's in that area as well. He is looking for trouble me thinks.
3 users Like Sideliner's post

Chris Offline

The 3 Ottawa cubs are actually still alive
1 user Likes Chris's post

Japan chuck Offline

Nope this is Scarnose male when they went to Kirkmans kamp and posted by rangermattewsmith in his instagram,someone asked him who is the male he replied it was Scarnose
2 users Like chuck's post

India Wild Warrior Offline

Majingilanes on a patrolling duty. I miss hip scar. Once they were the epitome of power just like mighty mapogo. Now they are slowly fading away...

Battered, bruised...
4 users Like Wild Warrior's post

( This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 06:02 PM by Fredymrt )

3-tooth

Location - Ulusaba
July 27, 2010

Edit: Opps I put the wrong date it should be 2017 not 2010
6 users Like Fredymrt's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

MALAMALA TODAY: July 29th. The 3 Manyelethi males are along the northern bank of the Ngoboswan Donga. 
majingilane males are spend their time in mala mala more and more...
2 users Like T Rabbit's post

Abomai Offline

(07-30-2017, 02:34 AM)Fredymrt Wrote: 3-tooth

Location - Ulusaba
July 27, 2010

date and location seem off. he looks too old for 2010, and too deep into mapogo territory.
2 users Like Abomai's post

Photo Credits to grazwoodphoto The Dark mane Majingilane - The scarred face of a legendary king, years of dominance, and hard won warfare

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(07-29-2017, 10:51 AM)Wild Warrior Wrote:

Majingilanes on a patrolling duty. I miss hip scar. Once they were the epitome of power just like mighty mapogo. Now they are slowly fading away...

Battered, bruised...

This Video is during Dec end 2016/Jan begin 2017
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Photo and text by heli hawkins, a guest at Ulusaba "Hard to forget those eyes RIP Hip Scar of the Majingilane Coalition."
5 users Like Fredymrt's post