There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Greece LionKiss Offline

have all Majingilane been seen lately?
2 users Like LionKiss's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

(09-08-2016, 09:48 PM)LionKiss Wrote: have all Majingilane been seen lately?

Yes. Why would you think otherwise?. 

They have a big territory that needs patrolling.
3 users Like Tshokwane's post

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 03:39 PM by LionKiss )

(09-09-2016, 03:22 AM)Majingilane Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 09:48 PM)LionKiss Wrote: have all Majingilane been seen lately?

Yes. Why would you think otherwise?. 

They have a big territory that needs patrolling.

who have seen them?
Idube says that the 2 Majingilane and 1 male cub have not been seen at least since 28th of August.

this is the last time they were seen and all 4 together.

https://www.facebook.com/LeopardHills/po...9728637452
3 users Like LionKiss's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

2 have been seen in the east
2 users Like LionKiss's post

United States leocrest Offline

long time lurker, new poster. i'm drawn to lions because of the stories of coalitions and takeovers, so who are the prospects for defeating the majis? will the birm boys head west?
4 users Like leocrest's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

(09-09-2016, 07:02 PM)leocrest Wrote: long time lurker, new poster. i'm drawn to lions because of the stories of coalitions and takeovers, so who are the prospects for defeating the majis? will the birm boys head west?

Welcome to the forum.

It's a tricky question. Despite aging, the Majingilane are still four strong, and that has a lot to do when rivals would consider makeing a move at them.

I agree that the Birmingham males pose the major threat of the coalitions now present, but they are still very focused on their two prides and young cubs. As time passes and the cubs start to grow older, then they might want to make a move, but I think the Matimbas, being just two would be targeted first.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

Inyati Game Lodge:
The Majingilanes are looking great as the weakened buffalo have become an easy target. Some are certainly benefiting from the drought at Inyati Game Lodge. 

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 10:03 PM by Tshokwane )

And another one of Dark Mane, credits to Idube Game Reserve.

And this is Golden Mane, from yesterday.

4 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States leocrest Offline

(09-09-2016, 09:51 PM)Majingilane Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 07:02 PM)leocrest Wrote: long time lurker, new poster. i'm drawn to lions because of the stories of coalitions and takeovers, so who are the prospects for defeating the majis? will the birm boys head west?

Welcome to the forum.

It's a tricky question. Despite aging, the Majingilane are still four strong, and that has a lot to do when rivals would consider makeing a move at them.

I agree that the Birmingham males pose the major threat of the coalitions now present, but they are still very focused on their two prides and young cubs. As time passes and the cubs start to grow older, then they might want to make a move, but I think the Matimbas, being just two would be targeted first.

Thanks for the reply. I think I've viewed almost every page in this thread, but I can't find any pics of the 5th maj. I know he was killed by KT and T, but it would be cool to see some photos. If there are some here, were should I look?
5 users Like leocrest's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 08:22 PM by Tshokwane )

@leocrest take a look at page 30, post #437 there are a couple of pics of him.

Also here I leave you a couple of others.

5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

From the blog of Savanna Game Reserve, the report about July-August:

The Majingilane males continue to dominate the area and are still looking very good. They are spending most of their time along the river, where the prey density is the greatest, as well as being the core territory of the Ottawa pride, with which they are spending a large amount of time.

6 users Like Tshokwane's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

Video with the Majingilane, the date is the 1st week of July. Credits to Khimbini Wildlife Videos.

Notice how stiff Hip Scar's bad leg is when he has to get up. Then later on the video, we see him struggling even to walk, it looks like the front paw was giving him trouble. If I remember correctly, I think in one of the pages they had mention it and suggested that it had to do with him taking down that buffalo.

6 users Like Tshokwane's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

If I remember correctly, I think in one of the pages they had mention it and suggested that it had to do with him taking down that buffalo. 

Consider injuries sustained by rodeo cowboys who ride bulls and broncos. Every one of those guys earn bragging rights of their many broken bones. It amazes me how the big cats can survive for as many years as they sometimes do. At least a cowboy can get immediate medical help. 
4 users Like brotherbear's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

Scar Nosed Majingilane male lion watching on as his competitors-The Mhangeni males runs away from him who have been trying to establish a territory!!!!
Pic taken: About 3 weeks ago. 
Photo by:Josh Bell

But the Mhangeni are his sons...
6 users Like Gamiz's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

A bit of the Majingilane sleeping with the Othawa pride. Credits to Rob the Ranger.

3 users Like Tshokwane's post