There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Greece LionKiss Offline

if he was dead they should have announced it.
sleeping or resting, he has hip problems anyway.
2 users Like LionKiss's post

United States NCAT33 Offline

(03-13-2016, 07:53 PM)LionKiss Wrote: if he was dead they should have announced it.
sleeping or resting, he has hip problems anyway.

Thanks, I didn't think about an announcement. He's still in bad shape though. Is he the oldest ?
1 user Likes NCAT33's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Quote:Is he asleep or dead? Something doesn't look right with his hip bone sticking out like that.
No, he's ok. The page put this in answer to that question:
He is ok, food in his belly. Black eye from a slap from dark mane over mating rights though.

So, he's fine, he was just sleeping.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Idube Game Reserve:
Brotherly love

*This image is copyright of its original author

The boys with the Othawa pride

Yesterday, Scar Nose was lying close to a buffalo calf he killed.

5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-15-2016, 02:55 PM by LionKiss )

The Majingilane will stay in the History as the coalition which lived in harmony and they never had confrontations one against the other.
1 user Likes LionKiss's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Quote:The Majingilane will stay in the History as the coalition which lived in harmony and they never had confrontations one against the other.
Oh they've had their runs vs each other, but I think that at the end of the day they have seen the benefits of moving the four as one, instead of going it from separate ways, maybe 2 and 2.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

The boys with the Othawa pride, credits to Promise Mashile

6 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

I know Shaudimela shared this in the Matimba thread, but I'm going to post it also here.

From Londolozi's Instagram:
The Majingilane came roaring back onto Londolozi last night, and the sounds of them fighting with the Matimba coalition reverberated through the darkness at 4am this morning, not far from camp. As it stands, three of the Majingilane are currently on the Londolozi airstrip whilst the Matimba males appear to have retreated into the Sand River. How long until the Matimba males' tenuous hold on the area breaks? 

And one of the comments by them said:
our guess is that the Majingilane will simply head back west this evening. That is generally what they have done after previous altercations. Tufts of mane and a pool of blood were found at the scene of the fight this morning so it must have been quite a scrap!

What can I say? Amazing!!!
5 users Like Tshokwane's post

lioncrazy Offline

Did the report say anything else? So I assume the matimbas were they bloody ones
1 user Likes lioncrazy's post

Singapore Skybed Offline

@Majingilane

Yes amazing! The Majingilanes have proven once again that they are the dominant force in western Sabi Sands. Their ability to stay united as a cohesive unit and sense weakness in rival coalitions is second to none. That to me is the secret of their success. 

You have reiterated on a number of occasions that lion dynamics is all about strength in numbers and i couldn't agree with you more. You can be the biggest lion for all i care but when outnumbered against mature lions, usually there can only be three outcomes. Death, a severe mauling or an escape.

During the last encounter between these two coalitions, there were a lot of discussions about which members of either coalitions were involved on various FB page. One individual in particular, by the name of Mavesh Ali or Asif Ali (i think it's the same person with different Avatar), is trying so hard to convince others that it was Hairy Belly against 2 or 4 Majingilanes, that the Matimbas were the braver of the two coalitions, that the Majingilanes only fights outnumbered lions and have been cowards in their reign to the point it hurts. The fact is the Majingilanes made their point, chased the Matimbas out and emerged as victors period. 

While it's normal to develope a special liking to a particular coalition, trying to demean the Majingilanes to make the Matimbas look better is wrong.Whether it was 2 vs 1 or 4 vs 1 doesn't mean anything at least to me. It does not prove that Hairy Belly is so strong that he manage to fight off the Majingilanes, in my opinion, he just manage to escape just like the Selati Male. And speaking of courage, how does he even measure that? Someone's got to remind him that the Matimbas gave up a large part of their territory to the Birmingham Boys without a fight. Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against the Matimbas, their legacy speaks for itself.

I have to say that the Majingilanes never fails to impress me. They really have nothing more to prove. They have successfully sired and protect many cubs and their ability to stay in power gives us an idea of their strength and character. My wish is that they could make history by being the longest reigning coalition in the Sabi Sands.
6 users Like Skybed's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Well said @Skybed
1 user Likes sanjay's post

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-18-2016, 06:45 PM by LionKiss )

after the fight about 3 weeks ago the Matimbas are back in Londolozi, possibly provoked the Majingilane again and after the yesterday's fight they are still in Londolozi by the river and as of some recent report both coalitions have some injuries,
this time there was a fight but the Matimbas did not run away possibly because it was a 2 vs 4 fight or if we assume that Hip Scar is not so well to fight it could have been a 2 vs 3 fight.

Point is that after the fight the Matimbas did not run away.

@Skybed the Matimbas gave up their territory to BBoys because they can't fight 2 vs 5, none will do unless your name is Kinky Tail or MrT.
The Majingilane always fight outnumbered opponents this is true and very smart strategy.
Numbers of course count in any case.

Courage is to fight against the odds, it is what Kinky Tail and MrT did. 

The Majingilane impress me to the fact that they are very careful, very methodical, they maintain their unity they know when to retreat, for example yesterday they had a fight with the Matimbas and then they were resting. The problem will be when the other coalition would like to fight more. This moment has not been seen yet.
1 user Likes LionKiss's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

new report from Londolozi

Three of the Majingilane were found in the heart of Londolozi, lying on the airstrip one rainy morning, after what we can only assume was another confrontation with the Matimba males as both parties had fresh wounds.
3 users Like LionKiss's post

France vizions Offline
Lion Enthusiast

(03-18-2016, 04:01 PM)Skybed Wrote: I have to say that the Majingilanes never fails to impress me. They really have nothing more to prove. They have successfully sired and protect many cubs and their ability to stay in power gives us an idea of their strength and character. My wish is that they could make history by being the longest reigning coalition in the Sabi Sands.

The father of the Mapogos, the West Street males lasted around 10 years as dominant males (from 1994 to 2004). The Majins will have to hold until 2020 to equal their record.

And for the Majins vs the Matimbas debate, people love to support the underdogs. When the time will come to see the Majingilanes outnumber, i'm pretty sure a lot of people will support them also.
3 users Like vizions's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

when I see a lion dying I bring this kind of picture in my mind, that some years earlier was a beautiful little cub, it is very emotional moment, no matter who the lion is.

4 users Like LionKiss's post