There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Quote:I'm accepting every point stated of this article.
No, you aren't. You rejected what they said from the beginning, calling them exaggerated. Don't try to back track now.
Quote:I proved you wrong several times
Sure you did.
Quote:and i don't think you are capable of questioning yourself sadly.
Let all the other posters to be the judge of that.
Quote:You are stating "facts" and yet you are incapable of proving them.
I already did it, in several posts to both you and LionKiss. That should be enough.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

France vizions Offline
Lion Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-26-2016, 08:55 AM by vizions )

(02-26-2016, 08:16 AM)Majingilane Wrote:
Quote:I'm accepting every point stated of this article.
No, you aren't. You rejected what they said from the beginning, calling them exaggerated. Don't try to back track now.

What? I never rejected them. I said Londolozi have a tendency to accentuate the stories and it has been the same for years. I'm pretty sure the "badly injured" HB is just doing fine. As always with Londolozi blogs. 

Quote:I proved you wrong several times
Sure you did.

I'm glad you agree. There's still some reasoning out there.

Quote:You are stating "facts" and yet you are incapable of proving them.
I already did it, in several posts to both you and LionKiss. That should be enough.

No you didn't prove anything. You are just turning around the points.

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-26-2016, 12:07 PM by LionKiss )

here is a video showing Golden Mane cleaning some minor wounds from the fight ,
this video fully contradicts some statements of the Londolozi report and particularly the following:

The two Majingilane males were resting up just to his north and looking strong and fit physically. They didn’t seem to have any injuries .....

who was involved in the fight, Dark Mane or Golden Mane?
3 users Like LionKiss's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Quote:this video fully contradicts some statements of the Londolozi report and particularly the following:

The two Majingilane males were resting up just to his north and looking strong and fit physically. They didn’t seem to have any injuries ..... 
I wouldn't say "fully contradicts". It says they "didn't seem to have injuries", but of course at night and with the males moving extensively, those minor wounds may have been difficult to spot. But these are just scratches anyway.

I would however like to see the state of the Matimbas, maybe Londolozi will post some pics in the next few days.

Quote:who was involved in the fight, Dark Mane or Golden Mane?
Initially the interaction was conducted by Dark Mane and Scar Nose. Then, when they were trying to locate Hairy Belly, Golden Mane and Hip Scar joined the search. I wonder exactly how he got those scratches.

Good find in the video, @LionKiss . Golden Mane is a great looking male, I love his battle scarred face and the beautiful mane.

Greece LionKiss Offline

you are right "fully contradicts" is overstatement and I believe the rangers of Londolozi could not see the scars in the night

me too, here we a have an other mystery,
if it was Dark Mane and Scar Nose fought against HB how did Golden Mane got injured, who inflicted those injuries to him, for sure he fought against a big lion, who is this and when?
2 users Like LionKiss's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Quote:if it was Dark Mane and Scar Nose fought against HB how did Golden Mane got injured, who inflicted those injuries to him
Yeah, I was also thinking about that. I thought that maybe it was Golden Mane and not Scar Nose the one with Dark Mane, but that's a wild guess, considering that Scar Nose is easily identifyable.

The other thing I was thinking about is that maybe the 4 did manage to get a hold of Hairy belly, but it's a rare possibility because in that case we would be talking of a dead Hairy Belly.
3 users Like Tshokwane's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

who are the two lions sleeping together in the beginning of this video?
1 user Likes LionKiss's post

France vizions Offline
Lion Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-26-2016, 10:53 PM by Tshokwane )

(02-26-2016, 05:07 PM)Majingilane Wrote: The other thing I was thinking about is that maybe the 4 did manage to get a hold of Hairy belly, but it's a rare possibility because in that case we would be talking of a dead Hairy Belly.

Well, the 4 Majingilanes got hold of one Selati alone in mars 2014, and they didn't succeed to kill him.
3 users Like vizions's post

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-26-2016, 08:08 PM by LionKiss )

This is an older video, before the Matimba fight, it is so nice to see this Othawa cub which is a mapogo grandchild having an emotional moment with his  Majingilane father, is it Hip Scar? (at 1:10).
it would be nice to see them make it to maturity
who are the other two Majingilane?

4 users Like LionKiss's post

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-26-2016, 08:22 PM by LionKiss )

(02-26-2016, 07:19 PM)vizions Wrote: What a surprise, there's a already a flaw in the Londolozi article. Totally reliable.

Londolozi states that Dark mane and Scar nose got hold of a Matimba male on the 22, and Golden Mane have injuries two days later. In 2 days, we'll learn that Hip Scar have also injuries....

(02-26-2016, 05:07 PM)Majingilane Wrote: The other thing I was thinking about is that maybe the 4 did manage to get a hold of Hairy belly, but it's a rare possibility because in that case we would be talking of a dead Hairy Belly.

Well, the 4 Majingilanes got hold of one Selati alone in mars 2014, and they didn't succeed to kill him.

the point is how many Majins have injuries. If there more than two then there might have been more than one fight or the rangers confused Golden Mane with someone else. What we know for sure is the Golden Mane was involved in the fight.
I would say Hip Scar came later, so the second Majingilane involved in the fight was either Dark Mane or Scar Nose.

are there reports about the March 2014 fight between the one Selati and the 4 Majins????
1 user Likes LionKiss's post

France vizions Offline
Lion Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-27-2016, 12:01 AM by vizions )

Why the censure Majingilane? Nothing wrong with what i said. I post on this forum since 2014 and this is the first time someone is censuring me. If you don't agree with some of my comments, explain me the reasoning.

(02-26-2016, 08:01 PM)LionKiss Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 07:19 PM)vizions Wrote: What a surprise, there's a already a flaw in the Londolozi article. Totally reliable.

Londolozi states that Dark mane and Scar nose got hold of a Matimba male on the 22, and Golden Mane have injuries two days later. In 2 days, we'll learn that Hip Scar have also injuries....

the point is how many Majins have injuries. If there more than two then there might have been more than one fight or the rangers confused Golden Mane with someone else. What we know for sure is the Golden Mane was involved in the fight.
I would say Hip Scar came later, so the second Majingilane involved in the fight was either Dark Mane or Scar Nose.

are there reports about the March 2014 fight between the one Selati and the 4 Majins????

Well, the article state that the Matimba male was " lying about 300m from" the two magingilanes Dark Mane and Scar Nose on the morning of the 23, and "the noise must have attracted the attention of the other two Majingilane brothers and they came from the west to join the fray".  
So there was probably 3 Majingilanes in the first fight versus Hairy belly Matimba, since Golden Mane had injuries and Scar Nose and Dark Mane were lying 300m from the Matimba male a few hours after the fight.

And yes, there's reports of the fight between Selatis and the 4 Majins:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=621035794643129&id=439455999467777&fref=nf
2 users Like vizions's post

lioncrazy Offline

Or maybe his wounds are from something else maybe a spat with one of his brothers??? I know the Rangers were tracking the fight at night but I find it hard to belive they would mistake one of the majigilanes they are pretty easy to identify but again anything is possible
2 users Like lioncrazy's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

@LionKiss Here's the report of the fight:
Leopard Hills post
We started drive this morning with the news that the four Majingilane male lions had come across one of the Selati males and that there was a lot of interaction between them. When we got in to the sighting the fight was over and the rivals were laying about twenty meters apart from each other. Between the four boys there was a few scars on their faces and for the Selati male we could see blood running from his neck and scars on hind back legs. The last update we got was that the Selati male was moving away from the four Majingilane males.

It may seem surprising that they left him alive, it was for me when I first read it. But I always keep in mind that this attack was one of the incursions of the Majingilane into Selati territory. After this, that happened in March of 2014, the Majingilane made their final move on May and killed one of the Selatis.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-27-2016, 02:37 AM by Tshokwane )

Quote:Why the censure Majingilane? Nothing wrong with what i said. I post on this forum since 2014 and this is the first time someone is censuring me. If you don't agree with some of my comments, explain me the reasoning.
@vizions
I was very clear earlier when I spoke about the Londolozi blog and their articles, as well as the people behind it. 

The condescending nature, the sarcasm of that bit I edited out, which can still be seen in LionKiss response, added no value whatsoever to the conversation. We already know your opinion of them, so next time just keep that opinion to yourself, please.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-27-2016, 02:55 AM by Tshokwane )

Quote:the point is how many Majins have injuries.
@LionKiss
In Khimbini's video of Golden Mane cleaning himself up, someone asked him: Did you notice injuries in the other Majingilane (Dark Mane, Scar Nose)?
He said: I didn't notice any injuries on all other majingilane.
Quote:who are the two lions sleeping together in the beginning of this video? 
The one on the left hugging his brother is Hip Scar, the other one I think it's Dark Mane or maybe Golden Mane.
Quote:This is an older video, before the Matimba fight, it is so nice to see this Othawa cub which is a mapogo grandchild having an emotional moment with his  Majingilane father, is it Hip Scar? (at 1:10).
Yes, it is Hip Scar. And yeah, he has been always very attentive with the cubs, they also seem very fond of him.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Quote:who are the other two Majingilane?
Golden Mane and Scar Nose.
8 users Like Tshokwane's post