There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Quote:Everyone I see says the majigilanes look frail and old do you agree
I've seen those comments, but I don't agree with that.

I think their age is starting to show a bit, that's for sure, after all they're almost 11 years old. 
But aside that, I think they are still fit and healthy, certainly not frail by any measure. In any case, the one that is weaker than his brothers is Hip Scar, but even in his case the leg has not gotten any worse.

As long as they stay together, something they always do, they will be ok.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-14-2016, 04:49 PM by LionKiss )

(01-14-2016, 04:11 AM)Majingilane Wrote:
Quote:Everyone I see says the majigilanes look frail and old do you agree
I've seen those comments, but I don't agree with that.

I think their age is starting to show a bit, that's for sure, after all they're almost 11 years old. 
But aside that, I think they are still fit and healthy, certainly not frail by any measure. In any case, the one that is weaker than his brothers is Hip Scar, but even in his case the leg has not gotten any worse.

As long as they stay together, something they always do, they will be ok.

that's right!

frail they are not, they look older, there are signs in their faces to prove this. they are still a considerable force

according to this (read the comments on the right) they are about 10 years old, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater

and be sure they will stay together till the end, this made them so successful, they are great strategists they proved it with every big battle they made, starting from the way they attacked the mapogos.

What have happened to Hip Scar? how did he injured his leg?
2 users Like LionKiss's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Quote:according to this (read the comments on the right) they are about 10 years old
That's a bit of new information, something I didn't know. I always thought they were born in 2005. In the case they were born in 2006/7 then yes, they would be about 10 years old.

Quote:What have happened to Hip Scar? how did he injured his leg?
I'm not sure. Maybe he injured it in a hunt, but I think he's been carriying it for some time.

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-15-2016, 12:16 AM by LionKiss )

2007 is an exaggeration, they could not be 3 years old when they attacked Kinky Tail,
most probable is 2005/2006,

it is interesting to read in this description above that initially they were 7 lions, they lost 2 probably in their first territorial claims, I wonder what coalition killed them,

then they sacrificed one with KT and Mr.T,

the big question is: were they all brothers or only the 4 remaining are brothers,
I red that the day before the 5th majingilane were killed by KT and Mr.T it was threatened and sent away by the 4 majis
brothers lions don't do that, Mapogos never did,

so you can suppose that the 5th was sacrificed in order to exhaust the two mapogos for the next days final battle.
3 users Like LionKiss's post

lioncrazy Offline

Wow never head that they sent the 5th away? Very interesting if it's true
2 users Like lioncrazy's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Quote:I red that the day before the 5th majingilane were killed by KT and Mr.T it was threatened and sent away by the 4 majis

so you can suppose that the 5th was sacrificed in order to exhaust the two mapogos for the next days final battle.
No, not at all. You need to keep in mind they're just animals, nothing more. They don't think like that, and knowing how close the males in a coalition get to each other, they wouldn't do that.

The 5th male simply was caught by chance. He was away from his brothers, still eating a buffalo kill and the two Mapogos simply caught his scent, found him and killed him.
But it could have happened to any of them or it could have happened in a absolutely different way, who knows, maybe the five Majingilane attacking and killing the two Mapogos.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Greece LionKiss Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-15-2016, 08:45 PM by LionKiss )

@Majingilane,

I have watched a documentary showing how the prides, the Lionesses attack Zebras.
It was really impressive to see that their best hunter attacked third in the row,
the first two Lionesses' purpose is to slow down and injure slightly the victim then the most competent of them hits third and eventually catch the Zebra.

I believe Lions have a superb way to organize their battles and the Majings are in the elite.

As for the 5th majing, I have red that the day before he was threatened and sent away from the other 4,
2 users Like LionKiss's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Quote:As for the 5th majing, I have red that the day before he was threatened and sent away from the other 4
Never read that and I don't think that can even happen. Remember that if even  non related males stick together, then blood brothers more so. And you know how close to each other the Majingilane are.
When I have time and an available computer (which I don't have know hence how I little time I spent here and how little I'm posting) I will post what little there is about the young Majingilane.
3 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

A very nice video of a buffalo kill made by the boys, taken by Teresa Dawn Price at Simbambili Game Lodge, July 16, 2015.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Inyati Game Lodge:
The Four dominant males lions are walking great distances covering every corner of their their territory. They are looking very hungry but still are more focused in protecting their territory than finding a meal.( Majingilane males)

*This image is copyright of its original author

United States MapogoOrElse Offline

(12-11-2015, 12:46 AM)Majingilane Wrote:
Quote:how many of those sectors did the Mapogos control in their glory days?
Something like this, you can see the how the territory was divided after the split in 2008.

After the Majingilane takeover, the Mapogos were left with only the western part, the same were the Majingilane now are dominant.

Quote:and where did the fight with KT and the 4 majingilane took place?
The fight was in Nkorho, I believe, in the north east of the Sabi sands, that's why they were able to capture it on video, the were close enough to the action.
This is why I feel the Mapogos were A. The best coalition because look at that massive territory...Just amazing and B. That they were promise unfulfilled...Can you imagine what they could have done if Mr. T. could have just relaxed and taken a back seat to Makhulu for a few years and do what he ultimately ended up doing later on?!?!?! What coalition would have beaten those 6?!?!?! Majingilane would have stood no chance at all...I mean it only took Mr. T. & KT to kill one of them while the 5 were trying to push them West...Mr. T. had a lot to do with making the Mapogos great but a lot to do with their downfall as well...
3 users Like MapogoOrElse's post

United States John21 Offline

(05-02-2015, 07:17 PM)vizions Wrote: Styx(2) and Fourways(2) are both sons of Majins. Fourways were a coalition of 3 but lost a member to the Matimbas last summer. They are half brother but i don't think they will make a coaliton of 4 together. Would be the best moove for them, but they don't know that.

I don't think the Majins will kill their sons, but could give them a good beating. The matimbas will probably kill the Styx/Fourways if they find them.

Interesting information is that the Majin's don't want to engage the Matimbas in a 2v2 brawl.

The Majingilanes HAVE killed their own sons in the past. It was a case of one brother killing a nephew he didn't recognize as his. It happens in a lot of cases between brothers.
1 user Likes John21's post

United States John21 Offline

(01-16-2016, 01:01 PM)MapogoOrElse Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 12:46 AM)Majingilane Wrote:
Quote:how many of those sectors did the Mapogos control in their glory days?
Something like this, you can see the how the territory was divided after the split in 2008.

After the Majingilane takeover, the Mapogos were left with only the western part, the same were the Majingilane now are dominant.

Quote:and where did the fight with KT and the 4 majingilane took place?
The fight was in Nkorho, I believe, in the north east of the Sabi sands, that's why they were able to capture it on video, the were close enough to the action.
This is why I feel the Mapogos were A. The best coalition because look at that massive territory...Just amazing and B. That they were promise unfulfilled...Can you imagine what they could have done if Mr. T. could have just relaxed and taken a back seat to Makhulu for a few years and do what he ultimately ended up doing later on?!?!?! What coalition would have beaten those 6?!?!?! Majingilane would have stood no chance at all...I mean it only took Mr. T. & KT to kill one of them while the 5 were trying to push them West...Mr. T. had a lot to do with making the Mapogos great but a lot to do with their downfall as well...

I agree for sure. Their domination of the Sabi Sand has never been seen nor will it be seen again. They conquered roughly 75% of SS in 1+ year. I think the Birminghams have a slight chance to rival that feat once the Majingilanes are deposed. The Majingilanes are old now and if the Birminghams wanted to, they could blitzkrieg them but they are too busy mating right now. Once the Majingilanes are deposed I don't see any other coalition rivaling them in the next 4 years barring a large coalition comes from Kruger or Manyeleti. 

The Matimbas like the Majingilanes don't have too long as a force. They number 5 but only 2 are in SS.

Matshapiris are powerful and formidable but number only 2. 

The Birminghams are set for a while but it will still be a long shot to rival the much vaunted Mapogo coalition.
2 users Like John21's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-17-2016, 09:11 PM by Tshokwane )

Quote:The Majingilanes HAVE killed their own sons in the past. It was a case of one brother killing a nephew he didn't recognize as his. It happens in a lot of cases between brothers.
It was Scar Nose, he attacked a youngster. It's the only case I've read about in their case.

Francois Gilbert Collin:
Majingilanes send their regards!
Scar Nose

The Majingilanes in the afternoon. Scarface, Hipscar and Pretty Boy. Darkmane is not with them.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Cpar photography - Craig Parsons:
Moving on
Golden Mane and Scar Nose in the back

3 users Like Tshokwane's post