There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-27-2022, 07:26 AM)Mapokser Wrote: While regarding the Majins, it's indeed true that they don't have a single physical confrontation while having either equal numbers or while being outnumbered. However, I want to make this very clear: that doesn't mean anything when we talk about lions, it's no demerit at all.
They being outnumbered confronted Matimbas at Nkhoro in 2011.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

@Mapokser agree, its a numbers game. 

As for Nhlanguleni, it was actually found that he didn't die from Mapogos, he was after that seen in northern Manyeleti.

For Majingilanes, no, they didn't always fight with number advantages, they had scirmishes with larger coalitions as Matimbas, young Selatis and young Bboys. 

But in key battles with 2 Mluwatis and later Selatis, they utilize their numbers very well, as any coalition would.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

(03-27-2022, 03:53 PM)Potato Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 07:26 AM)Mapokser Wrote: While regarding the Majins, it's indeed true that they don't have a single physical confrontation while having either equal numbers or while being outnumbered. However, I want to make this very clear: that doesn't mean anything when we talk about lions, it's no demerit at all.
They being outnumbered confronted Matimbas at Nkhoro in 2011.

I know, they also chased Bboys once. That's why I specifically said "physical confrontation", since with the Matimbas, they "just" roared at each other.

But both these instances shows that the Majins were willing to accept challenges even if they didn't had the numbers, if they thought it was necessary.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 07:32 AM by Mapokser )

(03-27-2022, 04:19 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @Mapokser agree, its a numbers game. 

As for Nhlanguleni, it was actually found that he didn't die from Mapogos, he was after that seen in northern Manyeleti.

For Majingilanes, no, they didn't always fight with number advantages, they had scirmishes with larger coalitions as Matimbas, young Selatis and young Bboys. 

But in key battles with 2 Mluwatis and later Selatis, they utilize their numbers very well, as any coalition would.

Really? Nhlanguleni survived the Mapogos? I didn't know that since the report of the fight with Makulu says he was seen a few days later with his wound just a bit better and then disappeared:

A few days later Nhlanguleni was seen with the Ottawa pride, the swelling around the wound had gone down a bit and we could see the eye was not damaged after all. he was seen for a few more days after this before he dissappeared. Nobody knows what exactly happened to him." written by Rob Vamplew

Regardless, Makulu did defeated him and mauled him 1v1 to a point he was basically done for.

As for the Majins, I specifically said "physical confrontation", I know they got into a roaring challenge with the Matimbas and chased the Bboys, they were willing to accept such challenges if they thought it was necessary, my point was just that they have no physical fights in such conditions so some people are like "coalition X has this 1v1 fight, very cool, Majins don't" as if it's any demerit or if it implied they were cowards and would never go for "fair fights", which is absolutely not the case, that's not how lions think, Majins used their numbers wisely and in certain circusmtances they showed they were willing to go for it despite not having the numbers, such as in the occasions with Matimbas and Bboys.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

BigLion39 Offline

Yes Nhlanguleni showed up up North in Manyeletti a while later. He survived. He definitely lost the battle with Mak tho.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

Dark mane junior and the story of the 4ways coalition

5 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

MAJINGILANE - The Amazing Story of Lion warfare
In honor of the former admin of Wildfact "Tshokwane"...R.I.P Almedia

12 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Abomai Offline

(06-23-2022, 10:52 AM)Leo Aslan Wrote: MAJINGILANE - The Amazing Story of Lion warfare
In honor of the former admin of Wildfact "Tshokwane"...R.I.P Almedia

wait..what?!?!?

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Yeah, what? Is the "Majingilane" admin who changed his name to Tshokwane ( which is the name of the coalition believed to have sired the Majingilane ) dead??
3 users Like Mapokser's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-18-2022, 03:11 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Yeah, what? Is the "Majingilane" admin who changed his name to Tshokwane ( which is the name of the coalition believed to have sired the Majingilane ) dead??

Yes,  I Also was wondering about him last year so  I had asked why I didn’t see him posting anymore and was told he passed away,
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Abomai Offline

(07-18-2022, 03:54 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 03:11 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Yeah, what? Is the "Majingilane" admin who changed his name to Tshokwane ( which is the name of the coalition believed to have sired the Majingilane ) dead??

Yes,  I Also was wondering about him last year so  I had asked why I didn’t see him posting anymore and was told he passed away,

Damn, that guy was gold. I believe he deserves to be remembered. Any admin/mod around who could tell us more?
2 users Like Abomai's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 07-18-2022, 06:23 PM by BA0701 )

(07-18-2022, 07:59 AM)Abomai Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 03:54 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:

Damn, that guy was gold. I believe he deserves to be remembered. Any admin/mod around who could tell us more?

While I did not know Tshokowane, one only need to read his posts to get a sense of his true quality. So, I will not try, and will instead allow those who truly knew him best, those closest to him, explain further.

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-in-memo...giant-lion
4 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

Magingalane, aka Tshokowane passed a while ago, unfortunately. Thanks for posting that BA0701, my friend! He was a wealth of knowledge!
5 users Like BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Looks like Ahmedodinia found likely father of Dark Mane Majingilane, this male around Leeupan in 2005 :

*This image is copyright of its original author

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-30-2022, 11:49 AM by BigLion39 )

Good candidate in the looks department  for sure! Almost a clone!

Can we find some pics of the young subs from that era over in that area?
2 users Like BigLion39's post