There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Majingilane males chasing Matshipiri in Londolozi.

4 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(12-27-2020, 06:09 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: Majingilane males chasing Matshipiri in Londolozi.

The Majingilane were very great fighters. They defeated numerous males Including the Matimbas,Matshapiri,S.Avocas and the Mantimahle males c (,,As far I remember")
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

United Kingdom Hairy tummy Offline

Most people on youtube etc give the majingilane bad press, i personally think they were a brilliant coalition not shy of a battle or two
3 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

(12-27-2020, 07:56 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 06:09 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: Majingilane males chasing Matshipiri in Londolozi.

The Majingilane were very great fighters. They defeated numerous males Including the Matimbas,Matshapiri,S.Avocas and the Mantimahle males c (,,As far I remember")

They beat Mapogos and Selatis too.
2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-27-2020, 02:53 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Most people on youtube etc give the majingilane bad press, i personally think they were a brilliant coalition not shy of a battle or two

Those are Mapogo fans, who hate Majingilanes because they killed KT and apperantly by them, they always fight with number advantages.. Meanwhile when Mapogos started to take over Sabi Sands they where 5,6 lion ganging on near by males..

Nkuhuma Blondie was brutally mauled by 5 Mapogos if i remember correctly, Nhlanguleni had a fight with Makhulu 1 on 1,but that wasnt fatal, he was seen after that, and later on he was prob finished by numerous Mapogos, because his body was never found.. they killed few other males like that also.. 

But thats how big coalitions work.. They will take advantage of their numbers and theres nothing wrong with that, those peoples are just Mapogo fans/Majingilanes haters..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

I don't think the problem are the fans of the Mapogo coalition, I guess, The people don't understand that they're wild animals and often mixed up their  feelings
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Gijima Offline

(12-27-2020, 03:21 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 07:56 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

They beat Mapogos and Selatis too.
Their most important accomplishment I think. They did oust two powerful coalitions to get their lands and prides, and that can’t be ignored. Also they held off younger more numerous coalitions like the Birmingham Males (who tried to explore past EP and turned back and never established themselves in Mala Mala or Londolozi while Majing were alive). It’s still funny to me, seeing old man SN running around Mala Mala as king up until his death.
4 users Like Gijima's post

Psyckoo Offline

I am not sure but Majingilane never fight against Mantimahle, did they ?

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-28-2020, 12:35 AM)Psyckoo Wrote: I am not sure but Majingilane never fight against Mantimahle, did they ?

No.

Psyckoo Offline

That's why i think, i remember on a video telling that they were face to face but didn't fight...
1 user Likes Psyckoo's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

Musa15 Offline

(12-27-2020, 05:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 02:53 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Most people on youtube etc give the majingilane bad press, i personally think they were a brilliant coalition not shy of a battle or two

Those are Mapogo fans, who hate Majingilanes because they killed KT and apperantly by them, they always fight with number advantages.. Meanwhile when Mapogos started to take over Sabi Sands they where 5,6 lion ganging on near by males..

Nkuhuma Blondie was brutally mauled by 5 Mapogos if i remember correctly, Nhlanguleni had a fight with Makhulu 1 on 1,but that wasnt fatal, he was seen after that, and later on he was prob finished by numerous Mapogos, because his body was never found.. they killed few other males like that also.. 

But thats how big coalitions work.. They will take advantage of their numbers and theres nothing wrong with that, those peoples are just Mapogo fans/Majingilanes haters..

And that's what made them the best. They stuck together like glue, fighting as one unit. Never overestimating their enemies as they attacked when the time was right, but also never underestimating the enemy either as sometimes they would abort a confrontation if they were outnumbered.

I forget the conflict but I remember one time two Majings chased a rival male who was running towards several of his brothers. The Majings stopped in their tracks in time and that was that. Many overexcited males would have continued their pursuit and probably ran into their deaths..much like the ones who fell at the claws of the majingilanes.

This made them highly intelligent male Lions, the most cunning I've personally ever followed. No surprise that their eventual downfall did not come due to rival males.
6 users Like Musa15's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Majingilane males - posted July 17,2010.
Image by: Linda Blom Nichols

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Timbavati's post

Mohawk4 Offline

I think its their best photo....All together 
DM HS the 2 in the back must be GM and 5th and SN in the right

Majingilane Males Patrol The Dark Night

4 users Like Mohawk4's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

Hipscar takes Kudu from Leopard.