There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Musa15 Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-11-2018, 05:19 AM by Rishi )

And this was the quote with the particular false statements brought forward as facts:

(04-14-2018, 03:28 AM)Leroy Wrote: Tshokowane,

Not everything has to be published. Some rangers don't give shit and see a lion as just another dead animal in the Bush. It's not their God given right to get back to their camp and publish a blog for lion die hards to bait over to "prove what happened"

I have been to sabi and know one of the rangers. He sent me the photo and told me that a ranger from singita personally watched the fight. Not sure how much more conclusive you can be. Maybe the guy who watched it didn't see it as a big deal and moved on. Who knows. But scar nose got killed by Birminghams while doing a regular territorial patrol.

Asked him to keep me abreast of dark mane. Haven't heard anything and nobody has seen him except from that safari cam on 9th of April I believe.

Along with certain public youtube activity of Leroy that I won't go into on this site and hopefully he learns from this instead of snapping back at people pointing out his mistakes, but needless to say the origins of this false narrative about DM being killed by the BBoys or Hyenas are coming from very dubious if not downright propagandic sources. Well, the usual crowd.

Which is silly because the idea of a Majingilane death being caused by another predator is hardly some kind of 'dishonorable' thing or some kind of payback for what they've done to other male Lion coalitions(Mapogos, obviously). But that's how they view it and how they want it to come across. They will never understand nature.

As you could see from my authentic reaction at the time of this fake news, I never showed any sort of resentment for the BBoys when I though they killed DM. Their legacy is concluded with a natural death due to old age for the 4 kings, after nearly 8 years of ruling their territory and defeating some of the most formidable Lion coalitions ever and producing a big number of successful offspring, they could not be defeated and eventually rode into the sunset on their own terms.
4 users Like Musa15's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-11-2018, 05:36 AM by Rishi )

(05-11-2018, 03:15 AM)Leroy Wrote: That's great guys. Attacked twice and told to "move on when other people (including the moderator). Then posted a response to musa which got deleted along with his childish post claiming there is a conspiracy on the go and now my post got removed and his is back again? This is like north Korea and very childish.

Why do you think that happened?
If you don't wanna use the report button, or move on, then take the "counter-attacks" to Private Messages.

@Musa15 please
2 users Like Rishi's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

You need to learn that you don't call the shots here, @Leroy 

If Musa's or other posts don't get deleted is because they have nothing wrong. Like I already said, and this will be the final time I say it, you got all salty and bothered because he said the truth, and he did it respectfully, something that I always held high in my priorities, regardless of the subject. 

Now, enough of this, please. 

Thank you.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

The last cubs of majingilane males. 

4 users Like T Rabbit's post

Canada stronghold Offline

That is awesome, odds are against those cubs to reach adulthood. No Dominant males to protect them. The track record of the Othawa Pride raising cubs are not that good. Anything is possible in the wild. I just hope they survive
4 users Like stronghold's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Thomas Werner.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

Musa15 Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-12-2018, 09:22 PM by Musa15 )

(05-12-2018, 06:41 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: Credits to Thomas Werner.

Awesome photo. One of the most scarred up male Lion faces we've seen, all the marks tell their own stories and some probably go way back many years.
3 users Like Musa15's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Trevor McCall-Peat.

Power.

A male lion from the #majingilane coalition who has since past away.
Such a privilege and an honor to see this guy and his 3 brothers during my time at Londolozi and in their prime.
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States Fredymrt Offline

Photocredits and thanks to Lorsecho
Posted on  May 3, 2018  

"Another Unforgettable Stay"

"This was our 3rd stay at Idube.
We did not have a lot of time to spend at the lodge on this past trip so Brogan made it count, taking us to see the male lions that I specifically came to see, the Majingilanes. I have followed these lions around Sabi Sand for the past several years and I could not have imagined going to ldube without seeing them. We saw all 3 of the remaining lion brothers together. I will never forget it because sadly, as the sun sets on Idube in the west, the rule of the Majingilanes set there too and all 3 passed away in the last couple of weeks. I am grateful that because of Brogan, I was able to say goodbye even though I didn't know at the time that it would be my final sighting of them. Thank you Idube for another amazing stay and for one that now has more meaning than you will ever know."

6 users Like Fredymrt's post

United States Fredymrt Offline

Credits to Rob the Ranger

Majingilane boys kings of Sabi Sands. Video from last year (2017)

"One of the last videos I have of the Majingilane lions Dark Mane and Scar Nose with a meal. Here the Majingilanes and Othawa lion pride heve theselves two buffalo, one adult and one sub-adult. There was so much food to go around that there was plenty left for the vultures! Also look out for Hyena and a Black-backed jackal"! Filmed in the Sabi Sand Wildtuin, Greater Kruger National Park, South Africa
6 users Like Fredymrt's post

United States swtlei4u Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-01-2018, 06:47 AM by swtlei4u )

(05-28-2018, 09:30 AM)Fredymrt Wrote: Credits to Rob the Ranger

Majingilane boys kings of Sabi Sands. Video from last year (2017)

"One of the last videos I have of the Majingilane lions Dark Mane and Scar Nose with a meal. Here the Majingilanes and Othawa lion pride heve theselves two buffalo, one adult and one sub-adult. There was so much food to go around that there was plenty left for the vultures! Also look out for Hyena and a Black-backed jackal"! Filmed in the Sabi Sand Wildtuin, Greater Kruger National Park, South Africa

too bad their was no autopsy on the majingalane male because I'm pretty certain that they were suffering from bovine tb! these guys are about the same age as the marimbas, n their health just went bad real quick!
2 users Like swtlei4u's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

swtlei4u when lions get too old they lost they immunity system and can get any disease. The majingilanes died cause of it add with bad lucky of lack of weak buffaloes in the season.  
2 users Like T Rabbit's post

United States sundarbans Offline

Came across this old blog post by Djuma. This article was written soon after the Majingilanes killed Kinky Tail. The photos of the four Majingilane are given there. Can someone identify them? The only one I can identify with certainty is Scar Nose.

http://www.djuma.com/blog/?itemid=340
2 users Like sundarbans's post

Abomai Offline

(06-03-2018, 04:28 AM)sundarbans Wrote: Came across this old blog post by Djuma. This article was written soon after the Majingilanes killed Kinky Tail. The photos of the four Majingilane are given there. Can someone identify them? The only one I can identify with certainty is Scar Nose.

http://www.djuma.com/blog/?itemid=340

dark mane, scarnose, golden mane
hipscar

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(06-03-2018, 04:28 AM)sundarbans Wrote: Came across this old blog post by Djuma. This article was written soon after the Majingilanes killed Kinky Tail. The photos of the four Majingilane are given there. Can someone identify them? The only one I can identify with certainty is Scar Nose.

Yeah, I posted that article here, it's in the post #2,089, page 140.

The order of the lads is as Abomai said. 

Dark mane first, Scar nose second, third is Golden mane and Hip scar, who can tell by the very light green eyes, is the last one in the pictures.