There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Vishal Agrawal 
2 Asiatic Brothers fighting

5 users Like Pckts's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-14-2021, 12:07 AM by Balam )

Cerrado sub-adults gong at it for feeding rights, the female Valente displacing the bigger male Zulu from the kill. This shows how agile and strong jaguars are:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Min 5:07

3 users Like Balam's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Looks like a Male and Female from Yala, Sri Lanka

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

(04-18-2021, 02:46 AM)Pckts Wrote: Looks like a Male and Female from Yala, Sri Lanka

vid unavailable

Bigcat Enthusiast

(04-18-2021, 02:50 AM)Rage2277 Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 02:46 AM)Pckts Wrote: Looks like a Male and Female from Yala, Sri Lanka

vid unavailable

They're the worst, they always make their stuff private.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Dr. John male interacting with a female - Porto Jofre - Pantanal - Brasil

4 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 05:53 AM by Ashutosh )

Looks like Saaya from Kabini is involved in another territorial scrap. The opposing male connected with a claw swipe very precisely.

5 users Like Ashutosh's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

"Thombela leopardess defending herself against the surprising aggression of a much larger Male leopard."

lukestreetphotography
4 users Like Luipaard's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Male kills cub that isn't his offspring:

It wasn't a smart move to take the cub into another male's territory. She's supposed to venture in the father's territory who indirectly protects his offspring from other males. She instinctively ran away when she noticed the male but quickly returned to try and save her cub. Unfortunately there's nothing a female can do against a male.
4 users Like Luipaard's post

United States Xiku_kutsu Offline

Lioness intercepts unrelated male trying to attack sub adult, giving her son enough time to book it.

5 users Like Xiku_kutsu's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Any idea on who these two are? @Rage2277 @Ashutosh 

3 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-26-2021, 02:01 AM by Rage2277 )

one laying down is  chota bheem and the other pattewala i bet he's the father of tara and her sister's cubs @Ashutosh @Pckts   
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-26-2021, 03:13 AM by Ashutosh )

@Pckts This is who @Rage2277 calls Muditara male:

And, this is the male the news calls Patorwala male. Currently, Patorwala area has 12 cubs (most likely sired by him). @Rage2277 thinks they are brothers. I am of an opinion that if they are brothers, they are from the core zone most likely sired by Bheem or Mangu (because of their build) before they came to Khitauli and Tala respectively about 6-7 years ago.

It was bound to happen, though. Look at the two previous dominant males of Khitauli - Singham and Bheem. Chota Bheem is nowhere close to those two. I think even Pannalal was bigger than Chota Bheem. Bajrang would have ousted him in a year or two, anyway.

@Rage2277, Tara was seen with Chota Bheem last April, while Bheem was still in Khitauli. And, she was most definitely Bheem’s mate before. To protect her cubs, I am guessing she mated with both of them. But, I am not sure if this new male has been in Khitauli for over a year because that is when Tara and Damdama bacchi must have conveived. Someone would have seen him in this tourism area. He is most likely new to this area.
3 users Like Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-26-2021, 01:50 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: one laying down is  chota bheem and the other pattewala i bet he's the father of tara and her sister's cubs @Ashutosh @Pckts   

Pattewala looks to outsize CB by a bit.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

(06-26-2021, 03:02 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Pckts This is who @Rage2277 calls Muditara male:

And, this is the male the news calls Patorwala male. Currently, Patorwala area has 12 cubs (most likely sired by him). @Rage2277 thinks they are brothers. I am of an opinion that if they are brothers, they are from the core zone most likely sired by Bheem or Mangu (because of their build) before they came to Khitauli and Tala respectively about 6-7 years ago.

It was bound to happen, though. Look at the two previous dominant males of Khitauli - Singham and Bheem. Chota Bheem is nowhere close to those two. I think even Pannalal was bigger than Chota Bheem. Bajrang would have ousted him in a year or two, anyway.

@Rage2277, Tara was seen with Chota Bheem last April, while Bheem was still in Khitauli. And, she was most definitely Bheem’s mate before. To protect her cubs, I am guessing she mated with both of them. But, I am not sure if this new male has been in Khitauli for over a year  because that is when Tara and Damdama bacchi must have conveived. Someone would have seen him in this tourism area. He is most likely new to this area.

the guy who took the photo called him the muditara male but he's actually the same male as pattewala in the video and on the bandhavgarh ID site the muditara male has a diff pattern to the male in the photo and video, also both are pretty elusive they seem to have been moving around khitouli for while..muditara has likely been pushed out possibly by pattewala
1 user Likes Rage2277's post