There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Felids Interactions - Interspecific Conflicts

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 05:30 AM by Pckts )

Jaguar with Ocelot kill

Edit: wrong thread if you guys want to move it to the other one.
6 users Like Pckts's post

Canada Acinonyx sp. Offline
Cheetah Enthusiast

Leopard vs cheetah

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Acinonyx sp.'s post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Dog vs Asian Lioness

2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

Jaguar getting chased by group of Pecaries in the Paraguayan Chaco.

credits: @mikelgiesbrecht19

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

This is not about conflict per say but rather cooperation. A new documentary has come out for big cat week on nat geo wild this week called Strange Alliance. It details the partnership between a male hyena and a female leopard. The hyena improves the leopards kill rate by acting as a distraction during hunts, and they then eat together. Fascinating stuff.
1 user Likes Sully's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

A video of the ocelot kill posted above by Pckts 

2 users Like Sully's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

"This is continuation of my previous post  - " The Unusual Lion". 

Do you believe in luck? Well, I do and I honestly consider myself very lucky to have this sighting and click this picture. After the lioness came down ,all the cars were focused on it and I was the last car behind all of them... She moved 10 mts towards my direction and stopped for a while in the bushes. Everyone was relaxed. Suddenly out of nowhere the lioness bolted to a bush closer to me. Another body sprang from the bush and zoomed past me and climbed up a tree which was behind me. I turned back to find a female leopard. All this while she was hidden in a bush and no one knew. She just survived a scare from the lioness and went to a safer place. All our hearts were pounding and so was the leopard's.  I tried to reverse my car with one hand quickly and  held my camera with another hand which was supported on the car's door. Now the normal thing for the leopard would be to wait on the tree until the lioness dissapears. Atleast that was my expectation while I was reversing and checking the tree in my rear window. Most of the other cars were not even aware of this event. The lioness has reached the base of the tree while I was reversing. Just when I thought this sighting cannot get crazier than this, the leopard started running down the tree right towards the lioness. The leopard tried to escape but the lioness was quick. She got hold of her. A short tussle followed while I watched with my heart in my mouth. The lion was on top and the leopard was lying flat on its back trying to push the lioness away. Though so much has happened, in real time it was so quick that I was still in my reverse gear. I just pointed my camera, which I was holding in my right hand towards the big cats and randomly clicked a few shots .  I couldn't believe my luck when I went through the pictures, i had actually managed a couple of shots of the interaction. 

The leopard eventually somehow managed to push the lioness away. The lioness  looked defeated, and did not risk extending the fight as it could have been fatal for her as well. We followed the leopard for a while who now was so vigilant and was turning back after every few steps. It was a difficult day for her, but she lived to see another."

Source: Private Facebook group but here are screenshots of the post: https://i.imgur.com/Hw20pXK.png & https://i.imgur.com/kfhFPVV.png
4 users Like Luipaard's post

Panther Offline

(01-20-2021, 09:27 PM)Acinonyx sp. Wrote: Leopard vs cheetah

Honestly, I'm interested to see how the fight goes on if a Cheetah of same mass fight back a Leopard

Note: Btw, sorry I am not trying to start any versus debates, idk why this thread exists, it's just I'm curious if there's more footage

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Machli making a Mugger Kill
3 users Like Pckts's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Male lion killing a spotted hyena in Kruger National Park. Video dated from 17th September 2020. The hyenas have a very strong neck, so the male lions have to ensure their grips before efficiently killing the hyena. Thus it can last a few minutes.

2 users Like Spalea's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

2 users Like Rage2277's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 12:15 AM by Luipaard )

Surprised this hasn't been posted here, rare footage of a clouded leopard interacting with a sun bear (click to play):

6 users Like Luipaard's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

A male lion bursting into the small cubs community of a African wild dogs pride. I don't see clearly how many cubs are killed (one, possibly two).
Kruger National Park, video dated from the 9th March 2021.

" Cute wild dog pups that were left alone by parents for a few minutes have an unlucky encounter with an aggressive male lion! "
3 users Like Spalea's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

(03-10-2021, 05:04 AM)Spalea Wrote: A male lion bursting into the small cubs community of a African wild dogs pride. I don't see clearly how many cubs are killed (one, possibly two).
Kruger National Park, video dated from the 9th March 2021.

" Cute wild dog pups that were left alone by parents for a few minutes have an unlucky encounter with an aggressive male lion! "

@Spalea

That was an impressive unsuspecting ambush of the male lion, the dogs only noticed when it was too late, the lion literally came out of nowhere.
2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-19-2021, 09:11 PM by Balam )

Cougar dominates a coyote, wolf tried to intervene before coming to its senses. @pardusco you're going to like this one

1 user Likes Balam's post