There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endangered Species Act Under Attack!!

smedz Offline

My friends, I have some bad news, once again, the Endangered Species Act is being attacked by government officials who are seeking to block, weaken, or remove protections for animals protected by the Endangered Species Act. Not the first time this has happened, but it's now happening like never before. These attackers have attacked this act quite often, all this pressure from states, industry, and congressional republicans has made the U. S Fish and Wildlife Service to withdraw or weaken protections for endangered species. I will provide the link to the Center of Biological Diversity where you can view the pdf, and a whole list of attacks on the act (they link it in the article) these guys have been defending this act with all they've got. Email them, ask them what you can do to help, @sanjay, @Rishi, @peter, and all you other moderators and administrators, perhaps a partnership can be made with them with this forum. I suggest this because like peter says in his quote above, animals are to be heard and respected. Therefore, we must give these animals a voice, we educate people on here, and make them aware of ALL threats to wildlife. So tell me this everyone, are you going to stand by on this? or are you going to do what you can do to defend the Endangered Species Act?  

https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/esa_attacks/
4 users Like smedz's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I think that is an old news, is there any update?

smedz Offline

(04-26-2019, 03:17 PM)sanjay Wrote: I think that is an old news, is there any update?

In that article I linked, they linked a whole list of attacks on the ESA, including some very recent ones this year unfortunately. Including one where they try to make sure no invasive species get put on the list, which is ridiculous, of course the people won't put destructive invasive animals on the list.

smedz Offline

Found a new article, makes me sick. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/442781-as-worlds-scientists-raise-extinction-alarms-trump-guts-endangered 

@Rishi, or someone good with computers, can you put the article into quotes please?
2 users Like smedz's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(05-10-2019, 04:31 AM)smedz Wrote: Found a new article, makes me sick. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/442781-as-worlds-scientists-raise-extinction-alarms-trump-guts-endangered 

@Rishi, or someone good with computers, can you put the article into quotes please?

The link doesn't work...

smedz Offline

(05-10-2019, 12:17 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 04:31 AM)smedz Wrote: Found a new article, makes me sick. 

The link doesn't work...

OH COME ON!! I try to make people here aware of the situation and technology doesn't cooperate, well then, I'll just find a different article then.