There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

T I N O Online
Moderators

(04-25-2024, 01:00 AM)Mapokser Wrote: If this injury is old and it's confirmed to be against Mayambulas, then it's way more likely that Nkhulus might have been the ones to kill the S.Avoca, not the Leeubrons.

This head injury was the evidence used at the time to claim Leeubrons were the ones to fight the S.Avocas over the Hamilton pride.

Could be, probably wrong ID from the photographer?
2 users Like T I N O's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(04-25-2024, 01:00 AM)Mapokser Wrote: If this injury is old and it's confirmed to be against Mayambulas, then it's way more likely that Nkhulus might have been the ones to kill the S.Avoca, not the Leeubrons.

This head injury was the evidence used at the time to claim Leeubrons were the ones to fight the S.Avocas over the Hamilton pride.

you think they killed one of the Mayambula males number 6 was not seen for a while 
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(04-25-2024, 02:16 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:

you think they killed one of the Mayambula males number 6 was not seen for a while 

That’s hard to know, although from what I'm aware. All Mayambula/Vlak males are still alive.
3 users Like T I N O's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(04-25-2024, 02:20 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 02:16 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:

That’s hard to know, although from what I'm aware. All Mayambula/Vlak males are still alive.

thanks boss that great news
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Great sighting of the Matjulu young males, sons of young Jock males 
Photo credit: Heinrich Neumeyer

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like T I N O's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 03:38 AM by Mapokser )

The Mbiri males today:

To be honest I thought their days as kings were numbered when Shaka was caught late last year and after that they were almost always in bad shape, but here they are, going strong after dispatching their competition.

2 mores years to go, if they can remain in power for 2 more years, they'll probably break a lot of records regarding the time as territorial males and the number of cubs raised to independence.
6 users Like Mapokser's post

NLAL11 Online

(04-25-2024, 03:38 AM)Mapokser Wrote: The Mbiri males today:

To be honest I thought their days as kings were numbered when Shaka was caught late last year and after that they were almost always in bad shape, but here they are, going strong after dispatching their competition.

2 mores years to go, if they can remain in power for 2 more years, they'll probably break a lot of records regarding the time as territorial males and the number of cubs raised to independence.

They might have already broken the record for a duo - all the other longest terms seem to have been held by bigger coalitions. They've been pride males of the Mayambula/Vlak pride, the Skorro Pride and now the Birmingham pride, yes?
4 users Like NLAL11's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 03:09 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-25-2024, 12:47 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: They might have already broken the record for a duo - all the other longest terms seem to have been held by bigger coalitions.

No, until Ross males are still alive and territorial, Mbiris are not longer territorial than them, as Mbiris become territorial around mid 2017, while rutes of Ross male becoming territorial span back into 2016.

But Mbiris could surpass them as Ross males are few years older.

Mluwati males are also another long territorial duo, they become territorial around mid 2015, and where still territorial towards the end of 2022, then Blondie disappeared and Madala start hanging as nomad with their Kumana sons around mid 2023.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

The huge H5 Pride walking down the middle of the road. 19 individuals in this pride. Are the S21 Males still the dominant males of this pride? That young male sub, commentator says he is about 2 years old, is enormous! The mane says 2, but the mass says older.

3 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(04-25-2024, 10:43 PM)BA0701 Wrote: The huge H5 Pride walking down the middle of the road. 19 individuals in this pride. Are the S21 Males still the dominant males of this pride? That young male sub, commentator says he is about 2 years old, is enormous! The mane says 2, but the mass says older.

S21 males quite recently came into this area (last year), so this subs should be from previous coalitions who ruled this area, either S26 coalition or before them Lubyelubye Father and Son.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator

(04-25-2024, 10:57 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 10:43 PM)BA0701 Wrote: The huge H5 Pride walking down the middle of the road. 19 individuals in this pride. Are the S21 Males still the dominant males of this pride? That young male sub, commentator says he is about 2 years old, is enormous! The mane says 2, but the mass says older.

S21 males quite recently came into this area (last year), so this subs should be from previous coalitions who ruled this area, either S26 coalition or before them Lubyelubye Father and Son.

Wow, ok, so they have allowed the subs to remain, especially the males. Surprising, and very fortunate for the subs. I wonder how they are at interacting with them. Who ever his father was, he sure god some good genes, that young male is really solidly built. Usually, when they are that young, we say wait until he fills out. He is already well on his way.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Super Moderator

Man, sometimes you just can't get any respect. Baby rhino shows no respect at all for a lioness, video says it happened in Kruger.

5 users Like BA0701's post

Mwk85 Offline

5 users Like Mwk85's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Ncile has come a long way and now will soon be a proud sire to numerous cubs in his own sire's natal pride.  I'm very glad he and Mandevu finally left their own natal one after so many years.  Maybe these 2 will be the best male legacy of the Thandi Impi Males from all those cubs they left behind....
3 users Like Cath2020's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 12:21 AM by BA0701 )

(04-27-2024, 11:55 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Ncile has come a long way and now will soon be a proud sire to numerous cubs in his own sire's natal pride.  I'm very glad he and Mandevu finally left their own natal one after so many years.  Maybe these 2 will be the best male legacy of the Thandi Impi Males from all those cubs they left behind....

I know that Skorro got chased away by the Avoca/Giraffe males (who then sceded the Mbrirs to the Orpens), and we were left with only a few of the Thnda Impi cubs as a result, but do we know exactly what befell Sizanani, or did he just disappear after being so sick? Also, I know that Lambile did not leave with these two, but is he confirmed dead? I know talk of his demiase happened awhile back, then he was seen with the pride again, while Mandevu and Ncile went on a long walkabout after the Mbiri boys came for a visit, then Lambile seemingly disappeared again.